WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Wilson

Re: WWN/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:53 pm
Wilson wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:22 pm Mentioned on some of the more main ROH threads is that Shane Strickland is no longer in Evolve. Rough year.
It's a shame, as I was really liking this heel Shane Strickland, as opposed to the happy, flippy babyface we get everywhere else.
Same. And him being utilized by a booker who tends to create longer, more attentive narratives seemed very promising. As far as people who've had consistent build in their time, Darby is close to the last person left of this recent era of Evolve. (Jaka and Dickinson should also be counted, but Catch Point really just made their alignment muddled and their push ultimately in constant flux.)
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:07 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:53 pm
Wilson wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:22 pm Mentioned on some of the more main ROH threads is that Shane Strickland is no longer in Evolve. Rough year.
It's a shame, as I was really liking this heel Shane Strickland, as opposed to the happy, flippy babyface we get everywhere else.
Same. And him being utilized by a booker who tends to create longer, more attentive narratives seemed very promising. As far as people who've had consistent build in their time, Darby is close to the last person left of this recent era of Evolve. (Jaka and Dickinson should also be counted, but Catch Point really just made their alignment muddled and their push ultimately in constant flux.)
I don't think it was Catchpoint that put them in flux so much as a the lack of a real tag team division.
Big Red Machine

RODDY!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Anyone know if Evolve is still making Blu Ray's? Noticed the last released Blu Ray is from Feb 2018, which came out around Sept 2018. I assume they are just getting a bit behind?

Too bad with Evolve losing guys like Darby Allin, Tracy Williams, Matt Riddle, Janela, Keith Lee, etc, ... they still got some talent, but certainly the NXT talent is needed at this point. I know WWE originally did not want NXT guys on live streams/Blu Rays, but i assume that's been resolved.
Big Red Machine

Montana wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 pm Anyone know if Evolve is still making Blu Ray's? Noticed the last released Blu Ray is from Feb 2018, which came out around Sept 2018. I assume they are just getting a bit behind?

Too bad with Evolve losing guys like Darby Allin, Tracy Williams, Matt Riddle, Janela, Keith Lee, etc, ... they still got some talent, but certainly the NXT talent is needed at this point. I know WWE originally did not want NXT guys on live streams/Blu Rays, but i assume that's been resolved.
I think they've given up on DVDs/Blu-Rays due to putting everything into the streaming service, but I could be wrong.

I agree about the loss of talent. In the past year alone they've lost Riddle, Darby, Tracy, Zack Sabre Jr., Keith Lee, Thatcher, Jaka, Dickinson, Dominic Garrini , Fred Yehi, Jason Kincaid, Janela, and Stokely Hathaway, and have really only managed to elevate Austin Theory, Shane Strickland, and J.D. Drake (and Darby, but he's gone now), and they're starting with Briggs, but it has definitely been hard. Gabe very badly needs to find that next big idea, as the novelty of the NXT guys has worn off, and can't really carry things anymore. The Unwanted are good, but that's really the only thing going on right no (at least until Briggs gets back).
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thanks... yeah it’s too bad, but the big fishes are starting to “impact” the smaller companies. Seems like Evolve and MLW have lost the most talent in the past year or so. (Other than Roh)

I’m a fan of jd drake and Anthony Henry, but I have to imagine they won’t be around for long either. Austin theory is solid, but imagine he’ll be Nxt bound at some point. Sounds like Shane Strickland is already Nxt bound. Hard to get behind a company when they are losing more talent than getting. I like fox but not super impressed with the skulk. Ruff is pretty good though. Bravado has stepped up but yeah, the roster is thin.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

[Ominous whoosh of another main event talent proceeding through the exit door]
Montana

Post by Montana »

Hate to say it, but Wwe should just sign a few of the Evolve guys like Theory, Drake/Henry, Fox, and just cut ties. Then go after Impact, and absorb want they want from their roster.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Montana wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:21 pm Hate to say it, but Wwe should just sign a few of the Evolve guys like Theory, Drake/Henry, Fox, and just cut ties. Then go after Impact, and absorb want they want from their roster.
I'm in favor of the WWE picking up no people, but I can't say that this gutting wasn't to be expected. What's worse is the promotion serving two masters of satisfying anyone in WWE who may be looking at how the talent is used and actually being a wrestling promotion trying to create new stars. But whatever. As long as Gabe is splitting his duties it's not like this promotion is worth the scrutiny any further.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

Hi there! I have the following question. Is the show available on the internet? Can I watch it from https://populationstat.com/united-states/las-vegas ? I also need to know if I have to buy a subscription or if it is free of charge. Or maybe some channels are broadcasting it on certain days. Please help me to find the latest schedule. I would watch some matches with pleasure during the weekend.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

World Wrestling Entertainment has officially acquired ownership of the Gabe Sapolsky-Sal Hamaoui EVOLVE promotion, PWInsider.com has confirmed. EVOLVE has long been the flagship promotion of Hamaoui’s company, World Wrestling Network (WWN). The deal was closed after several months of negotiations. While there were rumors making the rounds that EVOLVE had been sold to WWE, nothing had been finalized until just recently.
sderiis

Post by sderiis »

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I still don't understand where can I buy backlinks to use them on my website? I also heard about renting links. Rental Links - Requires a monthly fee to renew your lease. The payment for the link is made to the site owner directly or through special sites in automatic mode. Guys, which is better, the first option or the second? Perhaps this is the same thing? Thanks to all.