WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Gabe »

Thanks for your constructive criticism Supersonic. People know they can find me on Twitter or Facebook @BookItGabe instead of me filling this board with shills, but if that's what you want I'm more than happy to say we are having a 40% off sale on DGUSA/EVOLVE DVDs at DGUSA.tv until July 9th. Hopefully some new people will try one of our DVDs to be wowed. This will be our last sale this big until Black Friday. It includes the Open The Golden Gate DVD pre-order, which I feel is one of the best top-to-bottom DGUSA shows ever. I also highly recommend the new Freedom Fight 2011 DVD.

We also have all three iPPVs from last weekend at www.WWNLive.com On Demand. I think people can watch either El Generico vs. Samuray Del Sol match and be wowed. I'm really proud of all three shows from top to bottom and feel we are really gaining momentum with the EVOLVE shows this year.

Is there anything else I can help you with?
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

This is sad.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Gabe wrote:Thanks for your constructive criticism Supersonic. People know they can find me on Twitter or Facebook @BookItGabe instead of me filling this board with shills, but if that's what you want I'm more than happy to say we are having a 40% off sale on DGUSA/EVOLVE DVDs at DGUSA.tv until July 9th. Hopefully some new people will try one of our DVDs to be wowed. This will be our last sale this big until Black Friday. It includes the Open The Golden Gate DVD pre-order, which I feel is one of the best top-to-bottom DGUSA shows ever. I also highly recommend the new Freedom Fight 2011 DVD.

We also have all three iPPVs from last weekend at http://www.WWNLive.com On Demand. I think people can watch either El Generico vs. Samuray Del Sol match and be wowed. I'm really proud of all three shows from top to bottom and feel we are really gaining momentum with the EVOLVE shows this year.

Good to see you come out of your shell. Now let's see you do it on the "most negative board on the internet."
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Gabe wrote:Thanks for your constructive criticism Supersonic. People know they can find me on Twitter or Facebook @BookItGabe instead of me filling this board with shills, but if that's what you want I'm more than happy to say we are having a 40% off sale on DGUSA/EVOLVE DVDs at DGUSA.tv until July 9th. Hopefully some new people will try one of our DVDs to be wowed. This will be our last sale this big until Black Friday. It includes the Open The Golden Gate DVD pre-order, which I feel is one of the best top-to-bottom DGUSA shows ever. I also highly recommend the new Freedom Fight 2011 DVD.

We also have all three iPPVs from last weekend at http://www.WWNLive.com On Demand. I think people can watch either El Generico vs. Samuray Del Sol match and be wowed. I'm really proud of all three shows from top to bottom and feel we are really gaining momentum with the EVOLVE shows this year.

Hahahhahahhahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahah
ah ha.....

ah, ha.
Hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

DanielBryanson wrote:This is sad.
I hate the internet too, brother.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

The preview match for SHINE worked out well, making me give EVOLVE a try. I can say that it immediately caught my interest. Especially the Style Battle Tournament is something to put my butt into the seat for more.

The win-loss record based booking is better than creating sophisticated storylines. It made me curious about "Who will win, who will lose?" even though I'm not familiar with several of the wrestlers.

So I guess I will continue with buying EVOLVE15 soon.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

I have a hard time even buying wrestling DVDS from one promotion..last DVD I bought for Wrestling was at least six months ago, that said if I could, I'd support ROH, Gabe's companines, PWG, Chikara and many others. That's how much of a wrestling nut I am.

I really think the whole contract thing is retarded.. Gabe should use Roh guys as much as he wants and same for ROH using Gabe's guys. These wrestlers make peanuts compared to WWE. That said, since that's not the case, I don't feel like the two are really competing. I like certain wrestlers and if I really want to see them wrestle, I'll make sure I do that whatever the company may be.

As for Gabe's remarks, I think it's wise for Gabe not to comment on ROH but that's his deal. Whatever he says, doesn't turn me off from seeing guys like Generico perform. As for being loyal to ROH? That stopped the minute Cary sold to SBG and besides Gabe did alot for ROH, I can't ignore that.

Anyway, I wish ROH, Gabe and his companies all the best. I really would hate to see a world with less indy promotions for wrestlers to be in.
stylesclash516

Post by stylesclash516 »

Lazyking wrote:I really think the whole contract thing is retarded.. Gabe should use Roh guys as much as he wants and same for ROH using Gabe's guys. These wrestlers make peanuts compared to WWE. That said, since that's not the case, I don't feel like the two are really competing. I like certain wrestlers and if I really want to see them wrestle, I'll make sure I do that whatever the company may be.
Not to turn this into the Gabe vs. ROH thread but I agree, It's been a dream of mine for ROH to make amends with Gabe and vice versa so then we could see the Dragon Gate guys in ROH again. I always thought how awesome it would be for an ROH vs. DG feud like ROH vs. CZW since I loved that feud in 2006.

As for Gabe, I'm just glad that he is booking wrestling shows again since ROH in 2006 is what took my love of wrestling to another level so I have nothing but respect for the guy behind it (and no, I'm not trying to kiss ass). Besides, I feel like if Gabe was still booking ROH we actually would see guys like The Young Bucks, TJ Perkins, El Generico, etc. wrestling on a regular basis.
Rottenrocker
Banned
Banned

Post by Rottenrocker »

Well, if things keep going in ROH as they are, we'll be seeing more ex-ROH talents in DGUSA/EVOLVE sooner rather than later.

The mere idea of a Elgin/SHINGO match is too awesome for words, no?
Admin note: User permanently banned.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It sounds like a pipedream. DG's been pretty stubborn about sending Shingo and Yamato over again.
Rottenrocker
Banned
Banned

Post by Rottenrocker »

Well, if YAMATO is coming to the next two DGUSA shows then it might be possible that Shingo won't be far behind.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Hope so - Shingo is by far my favorite of the DG imports. GIMME SHINGO VERSUS LOW KI GODDAMMIT GABE.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Shingo vs. Low Ki is the kind of match that would get me back into DGUSA.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I think I would rather see Shingo vs Jon Davis than Shingo vs Low Ki. Shingo and Davis could have a pretty awesome power match. Hell, I would rather see Shingo vs Bobby Fish, who is someone that needs to be featured in DGUSA. Does anyone know why Fish doesn't appear in DGUSA despite being a mainstay in EVOLVE?
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Lazyking wrote:I have a hard time even buying wrestling DVDS from one promotion..last DVD I bought for Wrestling was at least six months ago, that said if I could, I'd support ROH, Gabe's companines, PWG, Chikara and many others. That's how much of a wrestling nut I am.

I really think the whole contract thing is retarded.. Gabe should use Roh guys as much as he wants and same for ROH using Gabe's guys. These wrestlers make peanuts compared to WWE. That said, since that's not the case, I don't feel like the two are really competing. I like certain wrestlers and if I really want to see them wrestle, I'll make sure I do that whatever the company may be.

As for Gabe's remarks, I think it's wise for Gabe not to comment on ROH but that's his deal. Whatever he says, doesn't turn me off from seeing guys like Generico perform. As for being loyal to ROH? That stopped the minute Cary sold to SBG and besides Gabe did alot for ROH, I can't ignore that.

Anyway, I wish ROH, Gabe and his companies all the best. I really would hate to see a world with less indy promotions for wrestlers to be in.
I hate the deal with contracts, its killing my interest in Indy wrestling. There are so many matches that Id love to see, someone mentioned Shingo/Elgin, how ace would that be? Promotions restricting where guys can work is not only depriving us of some top quality wrestling but also means guys cant make more money.

Years ago when rival promotions etc would have verbal batlles and rip on each other it would create excitement. These days it just comes across as desperate and sad.

Ive the first 5 EVOLVE shows, and really really enjoyed them and was tempted to use the 40% deal and catch up. Then I saw they only have upto show 10 released on dvd, they are still way behind and itll be a long time before they release the rest.

VOD/Streaming isnt for me, especially when I cant have the show on my hard drive. Id rather purchase the DVD, then its mine to do whatever I want and watch wherever. For a product I dont physically own, VOD is quite expensive.

I was looking forward to the July 4th sales and was planning to spend a bit. I bought Battle of Richmond, only to find out that I could have watched it for free as a Ringside member. The others DVDs I purchased were 2 off of Adam Cole (i will review them once watched). I feel more inclined to give wrestlers rather than promotions my money these days.
Montana

Post by Montana »

ROH has some stacked cards coming up.

Detroit:

Gargano vs. Tozawa Open the Freedom Gate title
CIma + AR Foxx vs. EL Generico + Del Sol

Chicago

Cima + AR Foxx vs. Ricochet + Rich Swann United Gate title match
El Generico vs. Tozawa

I don't know if it's possible but SHelly would be icing on the cake!
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

classic-cabana wrote:
Lazyking wrote:I have a hard time even buying wrestling DVDS from one promotion..last DVD I bought for Wrestling was at least six months ago, that said if I could, I'd support ROH, Gabe's companines, PWG, Chikara and many others. That's how much of a wrestling nut I am.

I hate the deal with contracts, its killing my interest in Indy wrestling. There are so many matches that Id love to see, someone mentioned Shingo/Elgin, how ace would that be? Promotions restricting where guys can work is not only depriving us of some top quality wrestling but also means guys cant make more money.

Years ago when rival promotions etc would have verbal batlles and rip on each other it would create excitement. These days it just comes across as desperate and sad.

Ive the first 5 EVOLVE shows, and really really enjoyed them and was tempted to use the 40% deal and catch up. Then I saw they only have upto show 10 released on dvd, they are still way behind and itll be a long time before they release the rest.

VOD/Streaming isnt for me, especially when I cant have the show on my hard drive. Id rather purchase the DVD, then its mine to do whatever I want and watch wherever. For a product I dont physically own, VOD is quite expensive.

I was looking forward to the July 4th sales and was planning to spend a bit. I bought Battle of Richmond, only to find out that I could have watched it for free as a Ringside member. The others DVDs I purchased were 2 off of Adam Cole (i will review them once watched). I feel more inclined to give wrestlers rather than promotions my money these days.
I hear ya on owning the DVD, its more convenient for me, a monitor is still bad for my eyes over extended periods. Do please review the Adam Cole DVDs I was thinking about getting them cause I've never seen his CZW stuff.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Being able to stream from my CPU to my X-box makes makes me want more MP4/AVI-type shows.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Montana wrote:ROH has some stacked cards coming up.

Detroit:

Gargano vs. Tozawa Open the Freedom Gate title
CIma + AR Foxx vs. EL Generico + Del Sol

Chicago

Cima + AR Foxx vs. Ricochet + Rich Swann United Gate title match
El Generico vs. Tozawa

I don't know if it's possible but SHelly would be icing on the cake!
The Detroit's show looks awesome. Generico vs Tozawa? :o
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They are doing a mini tournament to crowd new tag team champions or just a decision match?