WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
BTW10

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by BTW10 »

I have two 2nd row reserved tickets for the Brooklyn show for sale at face value if anyone is interested!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Straight up, really hate the song that begins every WWNLive YouTube video.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It's bafflingly bad. I love it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

My Evolve 64 Review for Voices of Wrestling:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... ts-review/
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Upcoming Evolve schedule:
-August 19th in Joppa, MD
-August 20th in Brooklyn, NY
-September 10th in Long Island, NY
-September 11th in Queens, NY
-December 11th in Melrose, MA
Also, some new matches:

Evolve 67 - Six-Man Tag - Ethan Carter III & Evolve Tag Team Champions Drew Galloway & Chuck Taylor vs. Catch Point (TJ Perkins, Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi with Stokely Hathaway)

Evolve 69 - Johnny Gargano vs. Cody Rhodes; Matt Riddle vs. TJP (with Stokely Hathaway)

Marty Scurll is also off the shows on SummerSlam Weekend due to a "personal commitment".
kwjr86

Post by kwjr86 »

BTW10 wrote:I have two 2nd row reserved tickets for the Brooklyn show for sale at face value if anyone is interested!
Still have these? If so can you email me about them at kwjr86@yahoo.com. interested in purchasing. Thanks
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Finally saw some of the Evolves from the late 40's. I am not into Thatcher as champ at all. Rest of it is good, though.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DBSommer wrote:Finally saw some of the Evolves from the late 40's. I am not into Thatcher as champ at all. Rest of it is good, though.
His title reign as been very odd. There's the first half of this reign, which was pretty much from when he won the title through the rest of the year. Personally, I thought the majority of those matches were great (save for the Trevor Lee title defense, which was good, but not great). Thatcher's title defenses from the first few months of this year were pretty poor for a variety of different reasons (Caleb Konley, Sami Callihan, both matches with Matt Riddle). His most recent stuff has been good (matches with Hero, Tracy Williams, Marty Scurll, & TJP), both not really on-par with the first part of his title run.

I totally understand if people don't get Thatcher. For me, he's a guy who does that style well enough, and can have great matches against the right before. I think part of the issue is (and I talked about this in my review of Evolve 64 for Voices of Wrestling) that everyone on Evolve's roster has surpassed Thatcher in terms of in-ring work (Chris Hero) or general interest (Catch Point, the current Drew Galloway storyline). Thatcher really hasn't regressed per say, but he's just gotten less interesting compared to everything else that's going on in Evolve right now.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Thatcher is a guy theoretically I should like, but don't unless he's in there against someone I really like, such as Hero, Gresham, even Eddie Edwards (but Eddie is someone that elevates his opponents to his level. Kind of like a lesser Danielson). I want to like him, but even his match with Zack, while good, felt like it was Zack making it good while Thatcher was just there (I felt this way about Ciampa vs. Zack as well at AAW)

But like I said, the rest of the cards were good. Except for a Gary Jay match, which had the usual response of making me never wanting to see a Gary Jay match again.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Card for Evolve 67:
EVOLVE Championship Match (if Thatcher Is Still Champion)
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Drew Gulak

Special Challenge Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Chris Hero

Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match
Drew Galloway, Ethan Carter III & Dustin vs. Tracy Williams, Fred Yehi & TJ Perkins w/ Stokely Hathaway

WWE Cruiserweight Classic Spotlight Match
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Cedric Alexander

Special Attraction Match #1
Tommy End vs. Matt Riddle

Special Attraction Match #2
Tony Nese vs. Peter Kaasa

Plus more with Ethan Page and others!!!
Plus....

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

WWNLive has a STACKED lineup of shows for WrestleMania Weekend in Orlando:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that is crazy men.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Ricochet vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. on 9/11 in Queens.
XenuCruise

Post by XenuCruise »

Has anybody been to a show at La Boom in Queens? Trying to figure out what sort of ticket to get. Is the 2nd row VIP worth the $10 extra over the 2nd row ringside? I'm assuming maybe the VIP seats are more elevated. I'd rather have a better view of the overall ring than just being closer to the barricade.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

XenuCruise wrote:Has anybody been to a show at La Boom in Queens? Trying to figure out what sort of ticket to get. Is the 2nd row VIP worth the $10 extra over the 2nd row ringside? I'm assuming maybe the VIP seats are more elevated. I'd rather have a better view of the overall ring than just being closer to the barricade.
I could be completely wrong here (I've never been to an Evolve show) but I think, at La Boom, the VIP seats are those stage seats that are facing towards the hard camera during shows (again, that's just me guessing. I don't know for certain.).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sabre vs. Gargano on 9/10 in Long Island.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Evolve 67 shit the bed hard apparently, and it was all due to the last two matches.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JTCole wrote:Evolve 67 shit the bed hard apparently, and it was all due to the last two matches.
I haven't seen the shows yet, but I have them both on VOD, so I'll be very interested to see these shows (particularly the apparently horrible ending to Evolve 67).
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

There were some baffling booking decisions at both Evolve events last weekend.