WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Gabe »

Dragon Gate USA returns to action with the huge tripleshot this weekend in Florida. We have the full lineup for this Thursday's DVD taping in Hollywood, FL and some news items. Here we go:

-Tickets for all three events are now on sale at www.DGUSA.tv or by calling 267-519-9744. Tickets will be held at will call and the shipping charge will be refunded. We strongly suggest ordering tickets in advance as there are only a very limited amount of Golden Circle ringside left for all three events. GA tix are also $20 in advance, $25 at the door.

-This Friday and Saturday's events will be broadcast on worldwide live iPPV at www.WWNLive.com at 8pm EST. The Friday show is the special, once-in-a-lifetime $1.99 live iPPV so new fans have no excuse not to try DGUSA. The iPPVs play on iPhone, iPad, Droids and anything with Flash Player.

-Ricochet & CIMA just sent a promo from Japan talking about their DGUSA Tag Team Title defense this Friday in Miami against Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor. Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yavMK-BArrY

-DGUSA announced the contract signing of a "mystery luchador" who will debut this weekend. This individual will face Masato Yoshino this Thursday, his match hasn't been determined for Friday and on Saturday he'll be in the PAC Invitational Aerial Elimination Match.

-Make sure to subscribe to the DGUSA/EVOLVE Youtube Channel. DGUSA's Gabe Sapolsky is going to set his iPhone to record all weekend and when anything funny, newsworthy or controversial happens he will immediately upload it to www.Youtube.com/DGUSAdotTV. This is going to be a raw, no frills look at the weekend through the booker's eye.

-Here's the updated lineup for this Thursday's card with several new match announcements:

Dragon Gate USA
Heat
March 29th, 2012
Belltime: 8pm
The German American Society Clubhouse
6401 Washington Street
Hollywood, FL 33203

This is a special Supershow with Combat Zone Wrestling. DGUSA will present a loaded card. There will then be intermission. After intermission, CZW will present two ultraviolent death matches. The matches are Drake Younger vs. DJ Hyde and Danny Havoc vs. Lucky tHURTeen. The DGUSA card features:

The Main Event - Three Way Elimination Match
Ronin of Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann
vs.
Blood Warriors of Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation
vs.
D.U.F. of Sami Callihan, Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

High-Flyers Challenge
PAC vs. AR Fox

Special Attraction Match
Low Ki vs. Bobby Fish

JUST SIGNED: Breakout Chance Match #1
CIMA & Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Scott Reed & Caleb Konley with Larry Dallas

JUST SIGNED: Breakout Chance Match #2
Masato Yoshino vs. New Mystery Luchador

JUST SIGNED: Breakout Chance Match #3
Ricochet vs. Mike Cruz

Plus much more!!!
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

AR Fox sat down with Two Spot Monkeys to talk about his time in Dragon Gate USA & Evolve, his feud with Sami Callihan and the D.U.F. and so much more! Give it a look!

http://twospotmonkeys.blogspot.com/2012 ... r-fox.html
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

Two Spot Monkeys takes a look at the Dragon Gate USA shows this weekend at: http://twospotmonkeys.blogspot.com/2012 ... ekend.html

Take a peek!
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

anyone have results from both shows?
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I must admit that when I gave up on the ROH stream for night one, I decided to take the plunge and pay $2 to check out the rest of the DGUSA show.

While both matches (Pac/Ki and the tag match) were good, they didn't make me think 'wow, I need to follow this promotion on a full-time basis'.
GWK

Post by GWK »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:I must admit that when I gave up on the ROH stream for night one, I decided to take the plunge and pay $2 to check out the rest of the DGUSA show.

While both matches (Pac/Ki and the tag match) were good, they didn't make me think 'wow, I need to follow this promotion on a full-time basis'.
Ouch.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Having not seen Friday, Thursday and Saturday's events were awesome. That six man tag and Gargano/Yoshino were steller.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote: While both matches (Pac/Ki and the tag match) were good, they didn't make me think 'wow, I need to follow this promotion on a full-time basis'.
The majority of fans thought Akira Tozawa vs. Masaaki Mochizuki was the best match of that $2 show.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Mdodmod wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote: While both matches (Pac/Ki and the tag match) were good, they didn't make me think 'wow, I need to follow this promotion on a full-time basis'.
The majority of fans thought Akira Tozawa vs. Masaaki Mochizuki was the best match of that $2 show.
A buddy of mine who watched it all said that was a great match. As I said, though, I only gave up on the ROH stream at intermission so only managed to catch the final two Dragon Gate matches.

It's just one man's opinion. I can see why people watch the product, there are some great matches and definitely some guys I'd love to see in ROH. There's just nothing there that makes me want to spend even more of my money on wrestling.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Mdodmod wrote:
Well they're the best DG wrestlers so this isn't surprising.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

Gabe. When are the next DGUSA shows going to be announced? The schedule on the homepage is worryingly empty.

Also while I understand that DGUSA has to fit round the Dragaon Gate wrestlers commitments in Japan, the same is not necessarily true of Evolve. Why so few shows? I wish you would try and do at least 12 Evolve shows a year. A more regular schedule would really help the product, and make the promotion seem a bigger deal.

I am a big fan of both promotions and wish they could both have fuller schedules.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:I must admit that when I gave up on the ROH stream for night one, I decided to take the plunge and pay $2 to check out the rest of the DGUSA show.

Thanks for giving us a shot! Hopefully you'll try a full show down the line. We appreciate your support.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

JSWO wrote:Having not seen Friday, Thursday and Saturday's events were awesome. That six man tag and Gargano/Yoshino were steller.
Thanks for coming to the shows. Good chatting in the lobby too.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

Tars Tarkas wrote:Gabe. When are the next DGUSA shows going to be announced? The schedule on the homepage is worryingly empty.

Also while I understand that DGUSA has to fit round the Dragaon Gate wrestlers commitments in Japan, the same is not necessarily true of Evolve. Why so few shows? I wish you would try and do at least 12 Evolve shows a year. A more regular schedule would really help the product, and make the promotion seem a bigger deal.

I am a big fan of both promotions and wish they could both have fuller schedules.
I'm about to work on some major updates with news on the next DGUSA/EVOLVE dates. We are about to announce a bunch of shows. I love to see the demand for more shows. Thank you.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

Gabe wrote:
Tars Tarkas wrote:Gabe. When are the next DGUSA shows going to be announced? The schedule on the homepage is worryingly empty.

I'm about to work on some major updates with news on the next DGUSA/EVOLVE dates. We are about to announce a bunch of shows. I love to see the demand for more shows. Thank you.
Great news by email regarding the tripleshot in July. Glad to see Evolve is running a doubleshot weekend as well in May. One presumes that even though Evolve De Mayo is not a numbered event that it will still be released on dvd?

Thank you Gabe as well. I really do love these shows and will continue to buy them all on dvd.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Gabe wrote:
JSWO wrote:Having not seen Friday, Thursday and Saturday's events were awesome. That six man tag and Gargano/Yoshino were steller.
Thanks for coming to the shows. Good chatting in the lobby too.
Absolutely my pleasure. I hope you're very proud of the crew you've got, they've really grown over the last year. Everything is really hitting on all cylinders. Great to see you as well. I wish we had more time to talk always nice to catch up.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

Check out this exclusive brand new video of Low Ki and El Generico meeting face-to-face in anticipation of their dream match this Friday at EVOLVE 11 in Toronto: http://youtu.be/qVMetVSOsLw

Here's all the event info including new match announcements:

EVOLVE 11: Callihan vs. Finlay
April 13th, 2012
Doubletree by Hilton – Toronto Airport
655 Dixon Road
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M9W1J3

Tickets are now on sale in the http://www.DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. This event will be broadcast on worldwide live iPPV at http://www.WWNLive.com and you can pre-order it now.

The Rematch - Main Event #1
Dave "Fit" Finlay (1-0) vs. Sami Callihan (3-3)

Battle Of The Best - Main Event #2
Low Ki (1-0) vs. El Generico (0-0)

EVOLVE Co-Wins Leader vs. Style Battle Champion
Johnny Gargano (6-3) vs. AR Fox (2-1)

EVOLVE Co-Wins Leader vs. New Sensation
Chuck Taylor (6-3) vs. Samuray Del Sol (0-0)

Tag Team Attraction
The Scene (2-0) vs. Super Smash Brothers (1-2)

JUST SIGNED: Special Challenge Match #1
Bobby Fish (2-4) vs. Alex Reynolds (0-0)

JUST SIGNED: Special Challenge Match #2
John Silver (1-0) vs. Cheech (1-0)

JUST SIGNED: Special Challenge Match #3
Josh Alexander (0-0) vs. Chuck Taylor Mystery Man

BREAKING NEWS: To clarify Josh Alexander's opponent, Chuck Taylor has informed us that he is starting a new stable. He will unveil the first member this Friday in Toronto against local favorite Josh Alexander.

Alpha-1 will present the Bonus Card at 7pm. This is open to all ticket holders. Already signed for the Alpha-1 card is "Hacker" Scotty O'Shea, Michael Elgin, "All Ego" Ethan Page, Ashley Sixx, "King Of K.O.'s" Joey Kings and "Psycho" Mike Rollins.

Thank you for reading!
KinjiMuto

Post by KinjiMuto »

Gabe, just wanted to say, My buddy and I had Front Row to all 3 shows, and were absolutely blown away! We loved every show completely. Amazing matches, amazing talent! Can't wait to see you guys next year in New Jersey! ...That is unless a Texas date magically appears before then =]
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

I might be in the minority, but I really want to see Jon Davis get a massive push. That guy is so good. Him vs. Ki could be off the charts.