WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Sandy Fork

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Sandy Fork »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:Gabe almost down right bragging about having PWG DVDs for sale is laughable.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the news wire.

The China shows look dope, though. Too bad they'll never be on DVD....
At least the August Evolve reboot shows went in production right away.
Production doesn't take this long. PWG has their shows shipping on DVD one month after shooting roughly. Same with every other indy of Gabe's size.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

^ Word.

I'd even go as far to say that indies that draw less than Gabe, partner with Highspots and SmartMark and get their shows out. It's embarassing.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Was DVD production this slow when Gabe ran ROH?

Or is he somehow cursed to be unable to make a company grow beyond a certain point. This just makes WWN look unprofessional.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Or they could just use their network like WWE's. No one's gonna pay $15 for a replay of a two year old show Shine show, but I would gladly pay $10/month to have access to every WWN show, even if it's on a slight 2-3 months delay.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

I think the idea is to eventually do a network type deal. I would think it would be similar to the wrestling is subscription.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

DGUSA Open The United Gate Title Match
Trent Baretta & Caleb Konley defend vs. Fire Ant & Silver Ant
Have I missed something? I thought Neese won the belts with Konley not Trent. Trent was injured and not even on that show.
chaos X effect

Post by chaos X effect »

Sandy Fork wrote:Was DVD production this slow when Gabe ran ROH?

Or is he somehow cursed to be unable to make a company grow beyond a certain point. This just makes WWN look unprofessional.
It wasn't too bad. We had to wait a couple months tops. It wasn't nearly as bad as DGUSA is.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

isles11 wrote:
DGUSA Open The United Gate Title Match
Trent Baretta & Caleb Konley defend vs. Fire Ant & Silver Ant
Have I missed something? I thought Neese won the belts with Konley not Trent. Trent was injured and not even on that show.
Trent Baretta was recently announced for the next PWG Show on December 12th. I'm guessing he must have healed up from his injury a lot sooner than expected, because I heard he would be out for 6 Months to a Year.

As far as the Open The United Gate Titles go, I'm guessing they're using the Freebird Rule.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I think Nese might be booked elsewhere the weekend after the Evolve shows take place and couldn't make it, so Baretta is booked, free bird rules, i'm all for it.

I just wonder if they book like that going forward, or if it's just time one time out of necessity?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ladrao12 wrote: I just wonder if they book like that going forward, or if it's just time one time out of necessity?
With The Premiere Athlete Brand, you mean? I wouldn't mind it, personally. We'd get some diversity in those Open The United Gate Title Matches, plus free up whoever the third guy is for a singles match.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

If he aint shilling DVDs, how can he expect to pay the bills?
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Ladrao12 wrote: I just wonder if they book like that going forward, or if it's just time one time out of necessity?
With The Premiere Athlete Brand, you mean? I wouldn't mind it, personally. We'd get some diversity in those Open The United Gate Title Matches, plus free up whoever the third guy is for a singles match.
I'd like it as well if they played by the Freebird rules. It seemed like the PAB was going to get a tag title run, and it was probably going to be Nese and Baretta who got the belts, but Konleys improvement of late makes me want to see Nese/Konley as the Tag, with Baretta going after the Evolve title.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WWN in San Jose 3/27 and 3/28. Galloway confirmed.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hopefully we get to see Dragon Gate guys back in the US by then...
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Ladrao12 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
I'd like it as well if they played by the Freebird rules. It seemed like the PAB was going to get a tag title run, and it was probably going to be Nese and Baretta who got the belts, but Konleys improvement of late makes me want to see Nese/Konley as the Tag, with Baretta going after the Evolve title.
Barretta v Galloway.... DUDE! That sounds epic!
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Woke up in time to catch the second half of Dragon Gate's Gate of Destiny show. Really liked it. Every match was good. Tozawa was in the best shape of his life and on fire.
Spoiler: show
When is it going to be Tozawa's time though? :(
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Sandy Fork wrote:Was DVD production this slow when Gabe ran ROH?

The I understood it is that Sal owns the DVD/ IPPV company , not Gabe. Sal does not want to produce DVDS , he thinks that IPPV is the way to go and the time of DVDS has past . So. Sal refuses to put money into DVD production . Sal has also put a lot of capital into the WWN streaming business . So Gabe has to go along with Sal because he is the money man.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Does that excuse cutting off the fairly large part of the fanbase that still wants DVDs tho?
Hell, WWE Still sell DVDs (and they sell well from what I gather) and if the industry standard does that, why should a smaller one cut them off?

Not everyone, especially in the united states, has an internet connection that can handle streaming.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I agree with you .Not producing DVDS was been a major mistake for the WWN . DVDs are still a profit center for wrestling companies .That is why PWG , Chikara and even CZW are larger than Evolve/ DGUSA. I still prefer purchasing a DVD over IPPV/ PPV .

However Sal has invested his money in the Roku channel and IPPV equipment.. Speaking for myself , I don't follow Evolve because of the lack of dvds. Some people are so concern with the future that they forget we live in the present .
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

New Video that includes the updated Evolve Rankings: