WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
AndyDiaz

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by AndyDiaz »

Random question : Where the hell did Jon Davis go? I always really like his in ring work, and I kinda didn't mind his slow methodical entrance with staring down crowd members.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AndyDiaz wrote:Random question : Where the hell did Jon Davis go? I always really like his in ring work, and I kinda didn't mind his slow methodical entrance with staring down crowd members.
From what I could find on cagematch.net, he's mainly wrestling on the Florida Independent Scene.

His case just further exemplifies the issues with Dragon Gate USA/Evolve, really since 2012. Just over two years ago, Jon Davis scored a pinfall victory over YAMATO, a Dragon Gate Main Event Talent who just came off of his 3rd Reign as Open The Dream Gate Champion in July. Fast Forward to the present, and he's pretty much out of both Dragon Gate USA/Evolve. I actually enjoyed the idea of the feud with Johnny Gargano (Their No Ropes Match in January 2013 was really good), but he was just booked poorly, both during and especially after his feud with Gargano. His whole entrance shtik was stupid.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Saw recently that they brought back DCFC on the indies in Florida.

I was a fan of Jon Davis.

Maybe he is developing the roku channel and getting the dvds up to date?????? :lol: We are getting close to the end of the year Gabe update when he announce both will be imminent!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Really glad Gargano put his health at risk a few years when he had the concussion scare in order to get the Jon Davis singles push over. That Davis, man what a charismatic workhorse.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

First match announced for the China Tour:
@BookItGabe · 38m 38 minutes ago
We will announce now the WWN tour will conclude in Beijing with Ricochet vs Johnny Gargano for the DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate Title
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I can't believe there haven't been any new DVDs since Gargano/ Shingo and Evolve 19. I don't understand why Gabe doesn't just outsource the DVDs to Highspots or Smart Mark or something.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Kenny wrote:I can't believe there haven't been any new DVDs since Gargano/ Shingo and Evolve 19. I don't understand why Gabe doesn't just outsource the DVDs to Highspots or Smart Mark or something.
Both have proven to be pretty good at getting shows out in a timely manner.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Kenny wrote:I can't believe there haven't been any new DVDs since Gargano/ Shingo and Evolve 19. I don't understand why Gabe doesn't just outsource the DVDs to Highspots or Smart Mark or something.
Both have proven to be pretty good at getting shows out in a timely manner.
I know, right? I mean, I'm watching BOLA right now and that's because I couldn't get to it for the past two weeks. Meanwhile the DGUSA/Evolve DVDs are a year and a half behind. I know Gabe wants people to sign up for the steaming shows, but it's still frustrating especially since I really only watch through DVDs.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Because Gabe is a stubborn old fool?
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

I have emailed DGUSA many times over this matter and have asked them exactly the same thing. Why don't they outsource to Highspots or SMV? In our last conversation Gabe said over the dvds "We are trying our best and have looked at other options, but they just aren't feasible". He then later said in a further email "I've been told we will get a bunch of DVDs out by Black Friday. We do know there is still a DVD market, but we have limited time and resources. I appreciate all your support over the years and hear you. I hope we do deliver now".

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I believe the dvd production side of things is handled by FIP owner Sal Hamaoui. One only has to look at what happened to FIP over their dvd production in years past to know that this is not a good thing. They got further and further behind and eventually stopped releasing their shows on dvd altogether. I think the same thing is happening again.

Like many here I only buy shows on dvd. I would love to support Evolve and DGUSA (and Shine as well who are also part of the same group) by buying the shows on dvd but I am being denied that choice. I think that Sal must think that if they don't release shows on dvd then people will cave and just stream them instead from their site, but in actuality they are just losing fans and money. It's just stupid and short sighted and makes no sense from a business perspective. The shows are already filmed. SMV could convert them to dvd for very little money and then they could at least have another form of revenue, AND people would feel up to date with the product and therefore more connected. Instead they do nothing and get further and further behind. Very sad all round.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

You really summed up my concerns well. I'm afraid they're trying to wear us down to where we give in to the streaming shows out of desperation. My concern is it's just not how I consume wrestling. I like to share my DVDs and I watch them while traveling. I lose both with streams. Also, I've seen too many ventures like this fail and then people lose access to the streams. But FIP has been poorly run, so I dunno...

Also, I'll believe the Roku thing when I see it.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Gabe almost down right bragging about having PWG DVDs for sale is laughable.
Last edited by Sandy Fork on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

It's gotten to the point where I think in real life if anyone waves a DVD in front of Gabe he backs away in fear like a vampire from a cross. He clearly hates them for some reason.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

When it comes to shows, and DVDs, there just has to be a way to get these shows out. If Gabe were to partner with either highspots or smart mark to just got them out as MP4s, or any downloadable file, this would be insanely good for their product.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

We are very proud to welcome Dragon Gate UK to WWNLive.com On Demand. You can now watch all 11 Dragon Gate UK shows anytime! These cards feature the best talent from Dragon Gate, the UK and the United States. Watch some of the best matches and shows ever seen in the United Kingdom. Click the above link to look at the match listings.
11.10.14 - CITIC Guoan Grand Epoch City, Xianghe Province, China - Golden Sport Hall

DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Ricochet defends vs. Chuck Taylor

DGUSA Open The United Gate Title Match
Trent Baretta & Caleb Konley defend vs. Fire Ant & Silver Ant

SHINE Title Match
Ivelisse defends vs. Su Yung

Special Challenge Tag Team Match
AR Fox & Rich Swann vs. The Bravado Brothers

EVOLVE Ratings Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Biff Busick

SHINE Showcase Match
Allysin Kay vs. Mia Yim

Plus more with Timothy Thatcher, Jody Kristofferson, Earl Cooter, Larry Dallas, Lacey and others!

11.12.14 - Chengdu City, Sichuan Province - Wen Jiang Sport Center

Special Six Man Tag Team Main Event
Ricochet, Rich Swann & AR Fox vs. Fire Ant, Silver Ant & Chuck Taylor

DGUSA Open The United Gate Title Match
Trent Baretta & Caleb Konley vs. The Bravado Brothers

SHINE Title Match
Ivelisse defends vs.Allysin Kay

The Rivalry Goes To China Part 1 - EVOLVE Ratings Match
Biff Busick vs. Timothy Thatcher

SHINE Showcase Match
Mia Yim vs. Su Yung

Special Attraction Match
Tracy Williams vs. Earl Cooter

Plus more with Johnny Gargano, Jody Kristofferson, Larry Dallas, Lacey and others!

11.14.14 - Emeishan City, Sichuan Province - Emei Sport Hall

Ricochet defends vs. AR Fox

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match
Trent Baretta defends vs. Rich Swann

Classic Feud Comes To China
Johnny Gargano vs. Chuck Taylor

Grudge Tag Team Match
Fire Ant & Silver Ant vs. The Bravado Brothers

EVOLVE Ratings Match
Timothy Thatcher vs. Caleb Konley

SHINE Showcase Tag Team Match
Ivelisse & Mia Yim vs. Allysin Kay & Su Yung

Plus more with Biff Busick, Jody Kristofferson, Earl Cooter, Larry Dallas, Lacey and others!

11.16.14 - Beijing - The MasterCard Center (Formerly Wan Shi Da Stadium)

Ricochet defends vs. Johnny Gargano

Special DGUSA Open The United Gate Three Way Match
Trent Baretta & Caleb Konley defend vs. The Colony vs. The Bravado Brothers

SHINE Title Match
Ivelisse defends vs. Mia Yim

The Rivalry Goes To China Part 2 - EVOLVE Ratings Match
Biff Busick vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Attraction EVOLVE Ratings Match
Rich Swann vs. AR Fox

EVOLVE Ratings Match
Chuck Taylor vs. Jody Kristofferson

Plus more with Allysin Kay, Su Yung, Earl Cooter, Larry Dallas, Lacey and others!
All these events will be available to watch at www.WWNLive.com On Demand. The complete WWNLive production team is going to China. We will upload these shows as quickly as we can after they happen.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Sandy Fork wrote:Gabe almost down right bragging about having PWG DVDs for sale is laughable.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the news wire.

The China shows look dope, though. Too bad they'll never be on DVD....
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Wasn't Chuck Taylor done with Gabe shows?
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Great shows booked for China...and pertaining to the conversation about DVDs....we may never see these..ever.

As for Chucky T, I also thought he was done, but at the last Evolve shows in NYC last month, he was there selling merch, so i'm assuming he never really cut ties?
chaos X effect

Post by chaos X effect »

Really happy that DGUSA got some new PWG DVDs out instead of their own...
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Kenny wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:Gabe almost down right bragging about having PWG DVDs for sale is laughable.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the news wire.

The China shows look dope, though. Too bad they'll never be on DVD....
At least the August Evolve reboot shows went in production right away.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.