WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
stay gold

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by stay gold »

The Brooklyn show is a quick drive away but turns out I'll be busy on Saturday. Might try for Queens which isn't far either, but I also had plans for that night. Really want to see ZSJ and Ricochet. Also I keep hearing a lot of good things on Thatcher (not on this board obviously, but elsewhere) and I'd like to see him too.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Thatcher is a very aquired taste. If you like 70s AJPW you'll love him. Otherwise you'll likely find him a little boring.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

From the little I've seen of him, I like his style. He can go up against a variety of opponents and look good/make others look good. Whether it's a famous luchador who is known for being lazy, a former WWE midcarder or a fellow starving indie wrestler, he fit in. I like how he sells, his mannerisms, facial expressions and how he interacts with the crowd. I dig the mat wrestling style too. I like the resurgence of the style that guys like him, Busick and Gulak are known for.

He is definitely old school in his approach but I think the 70's All Japan statement is an exaggeration.

On the flipside, I can definitely see why people don't like him or his style.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

When I watch his matches they remind me of Dory Funk vs. Brisco matches, but speeded up slightly.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I'm attending my first Evolve show next Sunday and I'm pretty excited. I'm going mainly for Uhaa vs Ricochet cause I loved there match in Dragon Gate this year. Also I'm a big ZSJ fan. I've never even watched an evolve show before but from the little I've seen of Gulak and Busick i'm pretty excited.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

So many great ingredients, if only this restaurant had a chef that hasn't given up on quality cooking.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Mr. Orange wrote:I'm attending my first Evolve show next Sunday and I'm pretty excited. I'm going mainly for Uhaa vs Ricochet cause I loved there match in Dragon Gate this year. Also I'm a big ZSJ fan. I've never even watched an evolve show before but from the little I've seen of Gulak and Busick i'm pretty excited.
Oh wait. The Brooklyn show is on Sunday? I thought it was Saturday for some reason. If that's the case, I can definitely make it.

Evolve shows are okay. If you like wrestling and aren't a super cynical fan you'll enjoy yourself. Although if you're traveling a good distance, then you might be a little disappointed. Did you already get tickets? If not, my tip is to just buy general admission. It's such a small place, you'll see everything from any spot in the room.

Please be aware that the venue is in reaaaallllly bad shape.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I love the Brooklyn venue from videos I've seen of it. It's pretty much an abandoned warehouse, isn't it?
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Not quite. It's a very old bathhouse, that is now a coffee/pastry shop (the main lobby) and an occasional art space. Old brick walls, exposed pipes, unfinished bathroom.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Yeah the brooklyn show is on Sunday and I'm not traveling too far for it so I'm not worried about that. I ended up splurging a bit and getting front row tickets. They are only 15 bucks more and I figured why the hell not. The venue looks kind of shitty from the pictures I've seen but I'm just going to have a good time and try out some different wrestling.

I go to wrestling with the same group of casual fans and they love ROH from the 5 or so times they have seen it live but we were all kind of left wanting more from live wrestling after the disappointing Field of Honor show. So I saw Uhaa vs. Ricochet and figured I'd give it a shot. I kind of wish some of the undercard was announced by now though.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Yeah, man. That's the spirit. I hope it delivers and you end up enjoying it. Looking forward to it myself.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

New Evolve 34 Matches:
NEW MATCH: Special Challenge Match #3
Johnny Gargano vs. Anthony Nese

NEW MATCH: Non-Title Match
Open The Freedom Gate Champion Ricochet vs. Caleb Konley
mancraig

Post by mancraig »

Has anyone else had issues logging in to WWNLive?

The site opens fine for me but when i type in my username/password and hit submit it takes forever to load, and once it does the VODs I purchased are not showing a link to watch. I emailed them about it but i wanted to check in to see if it might be by computer or if anyone else is having these issues.

Thanks!
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Evolve 34 is in the books! Here are the results:

1. Johnny Gargano defeats Tony Nese
2. Zack Sabre Jr. beats Timothy Thatcher
3. Uhaa Nation beats Roderick Strong
4. Caleb Konley upsets Ricochet
5. AR Fox beats Moose in an impromptu match
6. The Bravado Brothers retain the Open The United Gate Championship over The Colony
7. Drew Galloway retains the Evolve Championship over Rich Swann

Good showing from all, but the Zack Sabre Jr/Timothy Thatcher match stole the show!
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

3MB is tearing through Evolve.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I guess Lucha Underground is going to force Ricochet to pull out of DGUSA/Evolve.

SOURCE: VOW has learned that a major EVOLVE/DGUSA star is finishing up this weekend. More later after the show. Big story. -J

Twitter.com/voiceswrestling
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

LJimmy wrote:I guess Lucha Underground is going to force Ricochet to pull out of DGUSA/Evolve.

SOURCE: VOW has learned that a major EVOLVE/DGUSA star is finishing up this weekend. More later after the show. Big story. -J

Twitter.com/voiceswrestling
That could explain why Ricochet lost to Caleb Konley last night.

So does this mean Uhaa Nation is winning the title tonight?
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

What exactly is lucha underground?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AndyDiaz wrote:What exactly is lucha underground?
a wreslting project of el rey network
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Evolve 35:

1. Johnny Gargano submits Drew Gulak
2. Timothy Thatcher submits Tracy Williams
3. Drew Galloway defeats Roderick Strong in a non-title match
4. Biff Busick submits Zack Sabre Jr.
5. Tony Nese & Caleb Konley defeat Rich Swann/AR Fox & The Bravado Brothers to become the NEW Open the United Gate Champions
6. Ricochet defeats Uhaa Nation to retain the Open the Freedom Gate Championship

Ricochet put the rumors to rest, he's staying on the indies, Lucha Underground isn't tying him up.

This was a great show. The 3 way tag is worth the price alone on VOD, but truthfully, good to great matches top to bottom.

Evolve is probably as hot as it's ever been....they need to do a DGUSA show...soon...with the current roster....Oh Man.