WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
LJimmy

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by LJimmy »

I know this is an old thing, but is Gabe really fredgarvin from the Observer board? If so then LOL. Maybe he should worry more about fixing his companies than spending all day bashing WWE and ex-posters from the board.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the full statement from Gabe, for those who want to read it:
We apologize, but it looks like there will not be Dragon Gate talent on the shows next weekend. This has been an ongoing situation for a while. It is not between us and Dragoon Gate. Our relationship remains strong and DGUSA will continue and will feature Dragon Gate talent in the future. This has been a daily thing where every day we think something was about to break. Now the clock has run out. We owe you a complete explanation and will have that on Monday.

In the meantime, we know you only care about two things- what the lineups are going to be and how we will make this up to you. We took the first step as a precaution by booking Masato Tanaka to face Chris Hero on the Friday night DGUSA show. We need to thank Highspots for making this possible. We are now finalizing the rest. We will have word to you on Monday.

I personally apologize and am very embarrassed by this entire situation. As an organization, we deeply apologize. The bottom line is that we will rebound and we will have amazing shows in New Orleans with a talented, exciting and dynamic roster. We will give you a great experience and present events that you will always remember fondly.

We appreciate and value your patience. We would have said more earlier, but this is something where we literally thought there would be a resolution and announcement on a daily basis. I realize this is not a suitable explanation for some of you and will accept the criticism and try to make it right. It is the best we can do right at this moment.

We’ll give you the entire story on Monday when we have everything situated. I will be around for all your questions and comments on Twitter and here on Facebook after we release the lineups and explain what happened. Thank you for all your support and we will make this right on the biggest weekend of the year.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: It is with deep regret that DGUSA must inform our audience of the unfortunate fact Dragon Gate (Japan) talent will not be able to perform on WrestleMania weekend shows. We are in the process of adjusting the lineups and guarantee we will make sure we deliver to you nothing less than top quality shows this coming weekend, as has become our reputation. We will have announcements shortly.

We have already announced the 1st time ever matchup pitting Masato Tanaka against Chris Hero on the Friday night DGUSA show. As the entire pro wrestling world converges on New Orleans this week, the last thing our audience wants to hear or read about is promotional drama. We know you have practically unlimited choices this coming week, and we are going to make sure all those who chose and choose to support DGUSA are rewarded with the best experience we can possibly provide.

DGUSA’s mission has always been to earn our fans one at a time. We continue to strive to do so, and thank you for your support during the most exciting week of the year to be a pro wrestling fan!
barryrobinson

Post by barryrobinson »

In my opinion, Gabe stating the relationship between Dragon Gate & DGUSA is strong is either a flat out lie or Gabe in denial
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Low Ki has been added to both Friday vs. Baretta and Saturday vs. Gargano non-title & Bad Influence will be working on the Saturday show for the live crowd only. Updated cards:
Dragon Gate USA - Open The Ultimate Gate 2014

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Ricochet

International Dream Match - Non-Title
EVOLVE Champion Chris Hero vs. Masato Tanaka

Special Attraction Match
Low Ki vs. Trent Baretta

Tag Team Challenge Match (If Bravados Retain At EVOLVE It Will Be A Title Match)
Open The United Gate Champions The Bravado Brothers vs. Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley

Special Tag Team Attraction
Chuck Taylor & Drew Gulak vs. Fire Ant & Green Ant

Grudge Match
AR Fox vs. Mr. A

Special Challenge Match
Rich Swann vs. Biff Busick

Dragon Gate USA - Mercury Rising 2014

Special Main Event For Live Crowd Only
Bad Influence Of Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. To Be Determiend After Tournament Results

Special Main Event
Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano vs. Low Ki

Six Man Tradition Continues
DGUSA Mercury Rising is known for the Six Man Tag Team Tradition. We are taking it to the next level this year with a Six Man Tag Team Tournament. Each member of the winning team will get to book themselves in any future match they want. The format will see three first round matches. The three winners will then meet in a three-way six man team team mega elimination match!!! Here are the first round matches:

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #1
Ricochet, Rich Swann & AR Fox vs. Chris Hero, Roderick Strong & TBA

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #2
The Bravado Brothers & Moose vs. Fire Ant, Green Ant & Lince Dorado

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #3
Trent Baretta, Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley vs. The Gentleman's Club

DGUSA Six Man Tournament Finals - Elimination Match
Winner Of Match #1 vs. Winner Of Match #2 vs. Winner Of Match #3
More match announcements tomorrow.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A few things...

- Some much for Low Ki's "Retirement"

- Fox is being wasted against Mr. A? Seriously?

- So the finals of this Trios Tournament is going to be a Three Way? That could either be really good or a massive clusterfuck.
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

Could've given me a million guesses, never would've guessed Low Ki. Shame DG guys won't be there, because I'd love to finally get Low Ki/CIMA.

For some odd reason, I have hope for Fox/Mr. A. With the way Fox bumps, I could find entertainment with that.

They did this 9-Man Triple Threat Tag at Heat 2012. If I recall, it was the match that Uhaa got hurt in. However, I heard it was a pretty good match. With the possibilities lined up, it could be a very good match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I find it funny that one of the teams is basically Team ROH...
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Gabe explained that the reason no Dragon Gate talent was booked was due to "visa issues" and that they were ONE DAY late whatever that means. :roll:

Oh, and no refunds will be given because
We feel we have provided adequate replacements with Low Ki's 1st high profile matches in over a year, Masato Tanaka & the unique experience of having TNA stars Daniels & Kaz in a main event of DGUSA. Talent expense is the same to us
Terrible.
cviens

Post by cviens »

BTW10 wrote:Gabe explained that the reason no Dragon Gate talent was booked was due to "visa issues" and that they were ONE DAY late whatever that means. :roll:

Oh, and no refunds will be given because
We feel we have provided adequate replacements with Low Ki's 1st high profile matches in over a year, Masato Tanaka & the unique experience of having TNA stars Daniels & Kaz in a main event of DGUSA. Talent expense is the same to us
Terrible.
Only thing I can think of is they missed some sort of deadline supposedly.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Well, I can see where Gabe gets "talent expense is still the same" because i'm sure Tanaka, Low Ki and Bad Influence all command a good amount of money, but it's still kind of a dick way to go about things. Nonetheless, it's not what I wanted to say. As much as I love Bad Influence, them being on the show isn't all that beneficial, as I see it. The fans in attendance, who have bought tickets will get to see them, but for the iPPV people, it's nothing extra to look forward to. I would have kept it a secret, announced a mystery tag and have them just come out during their tournament. I think that creates a little more buzz, even though I wouldn't be able to see them on iPPV or DVD.

Also, AR Fox vs. Mr. A on paper sounds like a throw away match, but Mr. A is actually entertaining to watch, and if he pulls off some insane stuff, like he already has, it should be a fun match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ladrao12 wrote:, AR Fox vs. Mr. A on paper sounds like a throw away match, but Mr. A is actually entertaining to watch, and if he pulls off some insane stuff, like he already has, it should be a fun match.
What was really entertaining (but sad) was when he made an ass of himself by falling off the top rope and landing flat of his face at Way of the Ronin.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Gabe's also saying that Low Ki is coming out of retirement for the weekend when, in fact , Ki's been booked on other shows in the next few months.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Ladrao12 wrote:, AR Fox vs. Mr. A on paper sounds like a throw away match, but Mr. A is actually entertaining to watch, and if he pulls off some insane stuff, like he already has, it should be a fun match.
What was really entertaining (but sad) was when he made an ass of himself by falling off the top rope and landing flat of his face at Way of the Ronin.
That was almost as good as Nash tearing his quads
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Yeah...that was something. But, the night before, his match with Strickland and Fire Ant was decent, and he showed off some moves that had the crowd going.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think despite all the controversy, I'll at least be checking out Open The Ultimate Gate and Mercury Rising. The former has some very intriguing singles matches that should deliver and with the latter I'm kinda intrigued to see how the Trios Tournament turns out. I know there was a three way trios match (Mad Blankey vs. Ronin vs. D.U.F.) at Heat 2012 that I heard was good so hopefully this one will be as well.

Also, I have confidence that Low Ki will deliver. I've seen most of his matches from his 2012 run in Dragon Gate USA & Evolve and they were all good to great, so I believe he'll have solid matches with Trent Baretta & Johnny Gargano.

I might get Evolve 28 if there is some packaged deal with the iPPVs, which I hear they've done in the past.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Low Ki was AMAZING in Miami. Completely shattered any worries I had about him working with the DG crew after stinking up Reseda with Tozawa the year before.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Tanaka is Hero & Strong's partner.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

We received only one email about a refund.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Low Ki vs. Gargano will be EPIC! Possibly the biggest title defense of Gargano's run.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

AndyDiaz wrote:Low Ki vs. Gargano will be EPIC! Possibly the biggest title defense of Gargano's run.

Wasn't this labeled as a non-title match? Also, if I were a betting man, he probably doesn't have the title going into Saturday.