WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
SteenMark23

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by SteenMark23 »

BlackLesnar wrote:
SteenMark23 wrote:Heard EVOLVE had a good show. Glad the 16 people that ordered it had a good time!
...We're on an ROH board. We're REALLY going to play the 'lol small crowds' card on companies we don't like? 411mania trolls have been pulling that one on ROH articles for years.

Come on, man. You can do better than that.
Sorry, but there's a difference between not being able to draw and having an amazing roster that is more than capable of drawing big crowds but having a lazy douchebag promoter prevents you from doing so.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the quick results from Evolve 22 via PWP

- Caleb Konley def. Chuck Taylor
- Ivelisse def. Mia Yim
- Anthony Nese def. Tommy Taylor
- Shane Strickland & Los Ben Dejos def. The Bravados & Andrew Everett
- Evolve Title - AR Fox def. Lince Dorado
- Brian Cage def. Derek Ryze (30 Second Squash)
- Jon Davis def. Brian Cage
- Open The Freedom Gate Title - Johnny Gargano def. Samuray del Sol
- Open The United Gate Titles - The Young Bucks def. EITA & Tomahawk T.T.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

SteenMark23 wrote:
BlackLesnar wrote:
SteenMark23 wrote:Heard EVOLVE had a good show. Glad the 16 people that ordered it had a good time!
...We're on an ROH board. We're REALLY going to play the 'lol small crowds' card on companies we don't like? 411mania trolls have been pulling that one on ROH articles for years.

Sorry, but there's a difference between not being able to draw and having an amazing roster that is more than capable of drawing big crowds but having a lazy douchebag promoter prevents you from doing so.
ROHs best years were under Gabe.

Laughing At Evolves small crowds is petty. Really petty.

And for the record i hate Evolve.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I have no issue laughing at EVOLVE's small (and usually dead) crowds or IPPV issues considering Gabe has been taking potshots at ROH for years
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

indyfan wrote:
SteenMark23 wrote:
ROHs best years were under Gabe.

Laughing At Evolves small crowds is petty. Really petty.

And for the record i hate Evolve.
When did I say anything about Gabe? The man is such a great booker when it comes to finding tomorrows superstars, he just needs someone that actually cares backing him up.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

BlackLesnar wrote:

These WWN Live companies deserve all the mockery they get. Just absolutely horrendous promoting those in charge do.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

You certainly are negative about a lot of things Supersonic. You ever try just enjoying something for what it is or just not watching it and wasting your time?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

When their iPPV feeds die out, their DVDs are way behind and their live shows are promoted poorly enough that they barely draw a single row of fans then they deserve mockery.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

As much as it's tempting to shit on DGUSA/Evolve for all the above reasons, there are some good wrestlers whose matches and effort are not seen by fans either because of the terrible quality of their iPPVs, the ridiculous delay on the DVDs or the poor promotion of shows.
Last edited by Kikuchiyo on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mike Adamle wrote:You certainly are negative about a lot of things Supersonic. You ever try just enjoying something for what it is or just not watching it and wasting your time?
My reviews thread. My feedback on some of the matches last weekend.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Random but... Can anyone recommend any Evolve shows from Danielson vs. Sawa onwards? (Recently picked up 1 to 5 on the cheap)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hellfont93 wrote:Random but... Can anyone recommend any Evolve shows from Danielson vs. Sawa onwards? (Recently picked up 1 to 5 on the cheap)
I have five Evolve Shows Myself. 2, 5, 6, 12, 13. If you're taking past Evolve 5, I'd say 6, 12 & 13 all have positive qualities. Out of those three I'd say 13 was the best. You had a great Four-Way Opener which set up for a fantastic Main Event with Fox vs. Gargano, as well as Callihan vs. El Generico. 6 I'd say is second best with a great Aries/Taylor match as well as O'Reilly vs. Fish and a few others. 12 has a really good main event in Fox vs. Callihan but the rest of the card falls short of anything noteworthy.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Hellfont93 wrote:Random but... Can anyone recommend any Evolve shows from Danielson vs. Sawa onwards? (Recently picked up 1 to 5 on the cheap)
I have five Evolve Shows Myself. 2, 5, 6, 12, 13. If you're taking past Evolve 5, I'd say 6, 12 & 13 all have positive qualities. Out of those three I'd say 13 was the best. You had a great Four-Way Opener which set up for a fantastic Main Event with Fox vs. Gargano, as well as Callihan vs. El Generico. 6 I'd say is second best with a great Aries/Taylor match as well as O'Reilly vs. Fish and a few others. 12 has a really good main event in Fox vs. Callihan but the rest of the card falls short of anything noteworthy.
Cool, Thanks for that.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

I've just watched Evolve 20. It was a quite a good show, particularly the Bucks singles matches, but Christ that audience was IWA-MS at their worst small. I had this image in my head everytime they showed the crowd.

icyhot

Post by icyhot »

I'd highly recommend 8, 9, and 13 of the DVDs after 5 that are out now. Second tier: 7, 12, 14 and 15. 6 and 16 aren't bad shows. Maybe skip 10 and 11.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Does anyone have a list of all of the DGUSA events that have happened so far?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So DG USA is running Queens & Manhattan on July 27th & 28th for Bushido: Code of the Warrior & Enter The Dragon: 4th Year Anniversary respectively. Talent announced thus far:

-Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano
-Open The United Gate Champions The Young Bucks
-EVOLVE Champion AR Fox
-Open The Dream Gate Champion CIMA
-Akira Tozawa (with Christina Von Eerie)
-Trent Baretta
-Rich Swann
-EITA
-Tomahawk T.T.
-Ricochet
-Anthony Nese (with Mr. A)
-Chuck Taylor
-Jon Davis
-Super Smash Brothers
-A Dragon Gate Rookie making his DG USA Debut
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

bik100 wrote:Does anyone have a list of all of the DGUSA events that have happened so far?
http://dgusa.tv/results/dgusa-results
SteveA21

Post by SteveA21 »

I've been loving DGUSA and Evolve's recent shows. I went to the one in Santa Maria, CA in January, then the shows at Wrestlecon and now I'm hooked.

I thought all 3 of the most recent shows were entertaining. I watched them on VOD. The quality wasn't flawless. Evolve 22 had no sound for the first 4 minutes and I would have preferred that they edit out the intermission, but they were all worth watching. I was most over-the-moon for Evolve 21. I thought the match-to-match build was pretty flawless and the crowd, though small, was on fire throughout.

I gave up watching ROH, ippv's after a number of disasters that had me feeling completely ripped off, so I haven't watched a single show since the beginning of Steen's recent championship run. I need to see what's happening in ROH-land again.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Heard Dragon Gate USA will be doing some type of "CHIKARA Tribute" during their shows on July 27th & 28th....presumably with matches, I would think.