WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
ninetwentyfour

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Anyone who wants to post about DVD's should send all their complain/hate mail to SAL. #BlameSal

Gabe knows exactly how it effects the products he books as a whole, but he has no control over it. He is playing company man.

They hosted the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup in October of 2011... That event got more hype online than any non iPPV show has in probably YEARS. We are now in May of 2013 and it still hasn't seen the light of day.

Gabe will keep saying the DVD's are coming, but they keep falling further behind with every weekend that occurs.

Gabe, how is the new job prospect going?
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Gabe, why don't you let your talent work for TNA?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Gabe,

Do the Evolve DVDs sell well enough versus the DGUSA DVDs to justify releasing everything chronologically? I mean, counting the pre-order, there are now only 3 unreleased EVOLVE shows and 10 unreleased DGUSA shows. I know when you were running ROH, there was a precedent on staying up to date on ROH DVDs and you would get FIP DVDs out when you could even though it was a similar relationship. Just curious if that was someone elses call or why your thought process changed.

Still love the promotion. Thanks for responding to questions.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

ninetwentyfour wrote:Anyone who wants to post about DVD's should send all their complain/hate mail to SAL. #BlameSal

Gabe knows exactly how it effects the products he books as a whole, but he has no control over it. He is playing company man.

They hosted the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup in October of 2011... That event got more hype online than any non iPPV show has in probably YEARS. We are now in May of 2013 and it still hasn't seen the light of day.

Gabe will keep saying the DVD's are coming, but they keep falling further behind with every weekend that occurs.

Gabe, how is the new job prospect going?
While I appreciated you coming to my defense, let's just make it clear that there is nothing to "blame" on Sal. In fact, there would be no DGUSA, EVOLVE, FIP, SHINE without Sal. That is a simple fact. It would blow your mind to know what he puts up and what problems he solves to make this all happen. Yet, he doesn't want anyone to know (and that's why most of it never goes public), he just wants to deliver something for you to enjoy.

In addition, Sal has done more behind the scenes for other promotions (and I won't go into names because that is up to those promotions) than most people, even employees in those companies, will ever realize. Sal has been a crucial figure in independent wrestling since 2004 and is responsible for more positive things than most will ever know or he'll get credit for. That's the thing about Sal, too. He never looks for credit, just results.

The DVD situation is due to a lot of factors. This isn't about blame or excuses now. It's about results. EVOLVE 14 and 15 just came out. EVOLVE 16 is up for pre-order as of yesterday. DGUSA shows are in editing. I don't want to give a timetable until we have one we know we can stick to. We made a decision to commit to WWNLive.com and we are very proud of the progress there. It is a critical and successful part of our business now. We appreciate the DVD audience and know there is a demand there. We will continue to do our best to serve you.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

maxx_powerz wrote:Gabe,

Do the Evolve DVDs sell well enough versus the DGUSA DVDs to justify releasing everything chronologically? I mean, counting the pre-order, there are now only 3 unreleased EVOLVE shows and 10 unreleased DGUSA shows. I know when you were running ROH, there was a precedent on staying up to date on ROH DVDs and you would get FIP DVDs out when you could even though it was a similar relationship. Just curious if that was someone elses call or why your thought process changed.

That's a great question and good thought process. We actually played around with the idea of putting Open The Ultimate Gate 2013 into immediate production due to the great reviews and buzz. Ultimately, we just kept going in order. I'm not saying we made the right decision, but we decided to just keep going in order due to continuity and just try to get the DVDs out faster.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Gabe wrote:
DieHard wrote:BTW Gabe if you are still here
God dammit i ordered Enter The Dragon's DVD a month ago and it's still not here!! to Unity it took like a week, the price was almost 60$ here (with shipping). I'm done with WWN-Live. i wish i could canceled the order to buy one of the ROH's newest DVDs.
I wrote this commont in August 2012. Guess what? still not here :lol: Seriously, what happend to my order? I'll get it when you'll release it in DVD version? if so, why offer a DVD option if it'll will be available a year after??
If you'd like a refund please email us using the DGUSA.tv contact page. I agree that this is ridiculous.
Thank you for answering. Another question - YAMATO will be back soon? I remember he had a match in June 2012. I'm right now watching Revolt 2011 (great show, btw) and I wish he had more matches.
MOOSE!
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Gabe, tell me something I don't know. It doesn't take away from the fact that Sal is the reason the DVD's are in the position they are. SHINE 2 from August was released last year and EVOLVE 16 from June still hasn't been released.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

Gabe wrote:
maxx_powerz wrote:Gabe,

That's a great question and good thought process. We actually played around with the idea of putting Open The Ultimate Gate 2013 into immediate production due to the great reviews and buzz. Ultimately, we just kept going in order. I'm not saying we made the right decision, but we decided to just keep going in order due to continuity and just try to get the DVDs out faster.

For what it is worth I am really glad you made that decision. I would prefer to see these shows in the correct order. I would also not want a situation where the Evolve shows were put on the back burner and then eventually not released at all. Something that happened with a number of FIP shows in the first half of 2006 that ultimately were never released on dvd.

Evolve 14 and 15 arrived in the mail yesterday for me. Glad to have them. If you could release a couple of dvds a month then you would probably get back on schedule relatively quickly. More than that and you would be quickly up to speed.

I saw you earlier dismissing the possibility of using SMV or Highspots to produce your dvds. I can understand you wanting to keep dvd production in-house but if in 6 months time you were just as far behind as you are now (or even further) would you re-think this?

I can say that if you had put the recent DGUSA show (Open the Ultimate Gate 2013) into dvd production before the earlier unreleased shows, then I think I would have really started to lose faith with your intentions to release the older shows. I am very glad you have decided to continue to release the shows in sequence.

Thanks Gabe for coming on here to answer these questions. It's good to have you back on these boards.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Sal, as in Sal Rinauro? I heard he's working merch stands for TNA now.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

No.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

bik100 wrote:Sal, as in Sal Rinauro? I heard he's working merch stands for TNA now.
Sal Hamoui. He owns WWN and FIP, is involved with DGUSA and Evolve and used to do RoH's DVDs. He basically provides the money.
cornettefan90

Post by cornettefan90 »

Is dragon gate USA going to do any more of those ppvs on tv
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Kikuchiyo wrote:
bik100 wrote:Sal, as in Sal Rinauro? I heard he's working merch stands for TNA now.
Sal Hamoui. He owns WWN and FIP, is involved with DGUSA and Evolve and used to do RoH's DVDs. He basically provides the money.
It would have been so much more fun to say yes. Then explain it of as payback for the YRR getting ROH bookings in early 2008.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Oh, regardless, it's surprising to me that Rinauro is working merch stands for TNA now.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

cornettefan90 wrote:Is dragon gate USA going to do any more of those ppvs on tv
No. Just like ROH and every other wrestling promotion that isnt WWE and TNA, the move to iPPV is more beneficial than PPV ever was. It is more readily available to fans, worldwide, whereas PPV is restricted to certain providers unless you can get them all to provide it.

Running your own iPPV like ROH and WWNLive cuts out the middle man so all the money goes direct to the promotion and theres no PPV provider taking a big cut.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Andrew Everett/Chiva Kid is booked for the Florida shows. Gabe has good taste in high flyers which is why he has Swann, Ricochet, Del Sol, AR Fox and the Bucks and RoH has ACH.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

What's the problem with ACH?
MOOSE!
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Absolutely nothing, he's great, he's just all RoH have got as far as high flying compared to DGUSA who have got 6/7.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's the full lineup for Evolve 20:

EVOLVE Title Match
AR Fox defends vs. Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks

Champion vs. Champion Non-Title Attraction
Johnny Gargano vs. Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks

Dragon Gate Showcase Match
EITA vs. Tomahawk T.T.

Special Challenge Match #1
Samuray Del Sol vs. Anthony Nese

Special Challenge Match #2
Chuck Taylor vs. Brian Cage

FRAY!
(starts with two competitors, another enters every 2 minutes, eliminations can take place anytime by pinfall, submission or DQ until one competitor is left)
The Participants Are: Andrew Everett, Caleb Konley, Jon Davis, Lince Dorado, Shane Strickland, Tommy Taylor

Entertainment Match
The Bravado Brothers vs. Sugar Dunkerton & Maxwell Chicago

This will not be shown live on iPPV
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Kikuchiyo wrote:Absolutely nothing, he's great, he's just all RoH have got as far as high flying compared to DGUSA who have got 6/7.
That's too much, really. ROH has it right with one real highflyer and a bunch of guys who can work that style if need be.
Last Real Man Hype