WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I heard the Evolve show had a bunch of issues, both in the wrestling/booking and the stream. Unfortunate. With the title tournament, this was Evolve's big chance to shine, and they messed up big time.

The only thing they seemingly got right was AR Fox winning the Evolve Title.
xOZx2010

Post by xOZx2010 »

The stream issue was pretty bad yeah, but having access to the replay on VOD one day later was great. Bucks/SSB was good, AR Fox/Ricochet was great IMO, and Callihan/Fox was good. Didn't have too much of an issue with some of the undercard and booking decisions personally, considering this was my first EVOLVE show, so I was kind of an open book to all of what was going on. Being a SC native, and going to NC all the time to see Caleb Konley wrestle for the likes of PWX I was actually intrigued into his character in EVOLVE so I didn't get quite as bored during that as most did. Same thing with Uhaa, never seen him before, always heard the name recently on the internet, so I was intrigued. Not overly impressed, but hey, it still held MY attention. Feel the bulk of the show was worth the 9.99 I spent.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

I honestly think DGUSA might have had the show of the weekend tonight. It's close with SCOH. Gonna watch both back but WOW. This show tonight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Evolve show yesterday. Gabe should just drop Evolve and focus on DGUSA.

The only major problem was Jon Davis. The dude is garbage. LOVED the show though.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

DGUSA/Evolve fans talking crap on czw in the chat and at the live crowd were very entertaining over the weekend. CZW sucks!!! Lucky for us we have great wrestlers like AR Fox and Sami Callihan fighting for our belt!! I love Rich Swann, Jon Moxley (back when he was around), Sami Callihan, shane strickland and AR fox but czw sucks damn it!!!!

Not to mention people like Chuck Taylor, Uhaa, Drew Gulak etc

Wait for it though, I am sure part of the come back will be yeah but CZW has garbage too.....I offer Larry Dallas and the scene and now having to watch that feud!!!!

Anyways this was just an entertaining part of my weekend.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

The DGUSA show today was so much better then the Evolve show. Maybe the best show over the entire jam packed weekend.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

With what standards?

The three matches that mattered:

Ladder spotfest - failed to get the crowd to go oh-my-mothefucking-god apeshit. Seek PWG to see spotfests that actually engage an audience.

Trios match - never reached the oh-my-motherfucking-god gear of the classic DG/ROH trios matches

Shingo vs. Tozawa - just two guys hitting each others. Both men are MUCH better than this.
92Cannonball

Post by 92Cannonball »

watched dgusa for the first time ever on saturday after seeing most of the guys in pwg. the show was brilliant with 2 outstanding matches and one very good match. gargano/shingo was the best match of the entire weekend and that coming from someone who lost their mind during lethal/elgin. my main problem was the crappy production values! the quality of picture compared to roh is quite laughable. the crowd needed to be miked better, better guardrails were needed, they looked dangerous and i aint a fan of there being no mats outside of the ring. from a wrestling standpoint though it was a quality show, i think i will give them a shot. seems like a fun company
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I was honestly excited to hear the results from these shows but after hearing about what happened with the streaming of Evolve 19 and the weird booking instances on all 3 shows I have doubts about the product. Guess we'll have to see when their next few shows come up (if they've even announced them yet).

By the way, their DVD system sucks. How on earth does it take them so long to put out a DVD? I mean the latest DGUSA DVD's were the WrestleMania Shows from last year. Really annoying...
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: By the way, their DVD system sucks. How on earth does it take them so long to put out a DVD? I mean the latest DGUSA DVD's were the WrestleMania Shows from last year. Really annoying...
because they would prefer you to buy the VOD version of the show.

One reason Ive gone off following DGUSA/Evolve is because how slow they are at putting DVDs out. In my situation its far easier to watch dvds than watch full wrestling shows online. Call me old fashioned but I still prefer having DVDs anyway as collectables too. At least ROH and PWG are still pumping them out fast and regulalry.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I stopped following DGUSA and Evolve because I can't get the shows on DVD. I, too, like to have the shows on DVD for presentation and collectible purposes. I refuse to sit at a computer and watch an entire show so when I have to wait a year to
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I stopped following DGUSA and Evolve because I can't get the shows on DVD. I, too, like to have the shows on DVD for presentation and collectible purposes. I refuse to sit at a computer and watch an entire show so when I have to wait a year to play "catch up", I lose interest quickly.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Yep - I'm another guy who's gone way off these promotions since they stopped putting their shows on DVD

I probably am old-fashioned, but I still really don't like VOD, and use it only as a last resort. I'm sure I'm in a minority, but they'd be getting a lot more of my money if they could get their shows out on DVD.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i just connect my tv to my pc. the cable is 20 dollars. or just use an hdmi cable. Even with that.. i don't watch streams of shows. I don't like them. ROH and their screw ups to other companies and the poor quality. I find ROHs quality pretty bad too. clarity is nice but its smoothness that matters to me. I choose dvds every time.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I too am very much a DVD kind of guy rather than VOD. I have used the ROH archive at times to watch shows online I'd never seen because I didn't think they were good enough to own (and a few times I was wrong and they were worth owning, so I go out and buy them). I don't even care for digital downloads (like Highspots offers) and burning them on DVDs. So I guess I'm a traditionalist as well.
Captain44

Post by Captain44 »

I'm a DVD guy too. I've seen how slow DGUSA/Evolve are with putting out DVD's. I understand, they want to use VOD, and iPPV, but for me I would rather buy a DVD. This is why, I can't get into DGUSA or Evolve for that matter, or get behind it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Gabe has continued his shittiness with those asking for refunds on subpar IPPV streams.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

supersonic wrote:Gabe has continued his shittiness with those asking for refunds on subpar IPPV streams.
How so?
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Sami is apparently undergoing medicals before signing with the WWE according to the observer.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Hawkeye wrote:
supersonic wrote:Gabe has continued his shittiness with those asking for refunds on subpar IPPV streams.
How so?
He's responding to 2 people tweeting about how they are not going to use WWN again after getting emails 2 weeks later not addressing their concerns and not giving them refunds. He's basically acting puzzled, using the 'we value your business' line and telling them to write an email. One of them has pointed out that they already have but I presume Gabe just doesn't want anybody saying bad things about WWN on social media.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Yeah, that sounds like Gabe.