WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Wilson

Re: WWN/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Wilson » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 pm

My favorite match from Evolve this year, Zack Sabre Jr. defends against Jaka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQX489FV8E

For context, tag wrestler Jaka addresses Queens audience's doubts about him being a credible threat to Sabre. Perceived "filler" title defense elevates into a defense with heated nearfalls and support from the crowd for Jaka over a top babyface.

And, of course, lots of great technical work. Gabe-land technical defenses designed to shine undercard babyfaces are my comfort food.

ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 am

Anybody else disappointed with the Evolve weekend? The shows were not bad, but were not great either. To me, if you are doing a publicized "chapter three" type reboot of the promotion there should be more changes than just adding some "prelim" matches to make the show three hours long. I have nothing against the idea of it, but that was really the only difference between chapter two and chapter three. I guess I expected more from this "new era". As I said, shows were good, but not great. Nothing blew me away. Not enough new in this new era. Probably done with Evolve. Too many "good but not great" shows over 2017 after a very disappointing to me 2016 and it is no longer worth paying for individual shows in an era when you can get the entire catalog of WWE and New Japan for less than two live Evolve shows online.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 am

So what do you guys think about the WWNClub streaming service? Going to get it?
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 am

cgstong wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 am
Yes. Not getting the events free as part of it is disappointing, but I think I can wait the two weeks during periods when I don't have the dough readily available.

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 am
cgstong wrote:
Yes. Not getting the events free as part of it is disappointing, but I think I can wait the two weeks during periods when I don't have the dough readily available.
Is that right? You get the shows as part of the subscription two weeks after they happen?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:22 pm

TYFDK wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 pm
Big Red Machine wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 am
cgstong wrote:
Is that right? You get the shows as part of the subscription two weeks after they happen?
Yes.

Montana

Post by Montana » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:36 am

Unfortunately the wrestling space is getting crowd with the WWE network, NJPW World, the new ROH Honor Club, and WWN. For all i know Impact and NWA may have something too. Obviously you don't need to get all of these, but with Netflix/Hulu/Spotify/apple music/ etc etc the 10$ a month thing is quickly getting crowded.

Just looking at WWN, i'd like to try the free month and see how it all works. Looks like it will stream on Roku, Firetv, and android Tv. You get multiple promotions, so if you like the others, seems like a good buy. Myself, i'd rather see a cheaper Evolve only, or ala carte option. I didn't even know DGUSA was still around. Not much interest in the others. Would be nice to catch the shows live, but maybe there could be steam issues, and i'm sure they'd like to maximize their profits.

classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:18 am

Trying out the free month, the content streams perfectly on my Roku. Have pre-ordered EVOLVE 98 for $5 (£3 and change) so will test the live stream, the card looks decent.

If the streams work well then I may consider renewing but I think it'll be a case of letting it run out, cancel then renew either before weekend of shows (if I can watch live) or wait the extra 2 weeks and sub when the latest shows are added.

I really enjoy EVOLVE but seeing as I own shows on Blu Ray and am up to date there really isn't much of a library to keep a recurring sub, unless I fancy a DGUSA binge.