WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Quick Review of Evolve 61:

1.) Matt Riddle vs. Lio Rush: ***

2.) The Bravado Brothers vs. "All Ego" Ethan Page & Chris Dickinson: ***1/4

3.) WWE Cruiserweight Classic Qualifying Match - TJP vs. Fred Yehi: ****

4.) WWE Cruiserweight Classic Qualifying Match - Drew Gulak vs. Tracy Williams: ****1/2

5.) Marty Scurll vs. Zack Sabre Jr.: ****1/4

6.) Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano: ***1/2

Overall: 8.5-8.75/10
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Is Hero vs. Sabre on par with past epic Indy rivalries yet?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:Is Hero vs. Sabre on par with past epic Indy rivalries yet?
Not quite sure. One thing holding it down for me is that the matches all feel extremely similar. Don't get me wrong: they're all awesome and I enjoy them each when I watch them, but it doesn't feel anything like, say Dragon vs. Nigel or Cabana vs. Homicide, or Raven vs. Punk, who did make the matches different. I could sit down and watch the Dragon vs. Nigel matches all in a row. With Hero vs. Sabre Jr. I'd probably get bored halfway through.
It also feels like it hasn't really progressed much. Obviously that is going to happen when the story is that Sabre Jr. is searching for that elusive win over Hero, but one thing I've loved about some of the epic indy feuds of the past (Homicide vs. Cabana, Punk vs. Raven, and particularly Steen vs. Generico) is the way the story of the feud progressed.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Is Hero vs. Sabre on par with past epic Indy rivalries yet?
It depends what you consider an "epic indie rivalry". I mean, from an in-ring standpoint, it's one of the best rivalries Evolve has had in it's entire history. They've had three singles matches, each one better than the last (for me, ****1/4 at Evolve 48, ****1/2 at Mercury Rising 2016, and ****3/4 at Evolve 60). They were also on opposite sides of a legitimate ***** tag team match at Evolve 53 back in January. The story they've been telling (Zack Sabre Jr., despite his awesomeness and success, just can't seem to beat Chris Hero) is a simple one, yet I think it's really effective. When Zack Sabre Jr. finally beats Hero, it's going to be a HUGE moment in Evolve history. So in the context of Evolve, I'd say it's been one of the best built rivalries they've ever had.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Some Evolve updates:

- At Evolve 61, it was announced that Marty Scurll would receive a shot at the Evolve Title when Evolve returns to La Boom in Queens, NY on July 16th.
As you saw, two matches are already set for EVOLVE in Florida. We are announcing now that Ethan Carter III will also be at EVOLVE 63 in Orlando, FL. He has an open contract for a non-sanctioned match. Here's how things shape up now:

June 10th - Ybor City - FL - EVOLVE 62
Johnny Gargano & TJP with Stokely Hathaway vs. Drew Galloway & Ethan Carter III

June 11 - Orlando, FL - EVOLVE 63
Anything Goes: Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Carter

June 11th - Orlando, FL - EVOLVE 63
Ethan Carter III Has An Open Contract
EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher returns at EVOLVE 62 and his challenger has emerged. Chris Hero is now the #1 contender. We will get the third chapter of the Thatcher vs. Hero rivalry in WWN on June 10th. It will be Thatcher vs. Hero for the EVOLVE Title in Ybor City, FL. Can Hero finally defeat Thatcher and become a 2-time EVOLVE Champion?
Harlem & Lancelot Bravado are the #1 contenders to the EVOLVE Tag Team Titles after last weekend. The former and longest reigning DGUSA Open The United Gate Champions will get their shot against EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams on June 10th at EVOLVE 62.
Cedric Alexander returns to EVOLVE on June 10th and 11th. Welcome back to the WWN Family, Cedric. It's been a while and we are excited for your return. We'll announce Alexander's opponents soon.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

EVOLVE will follow up the momentum of these qualifiers by presenting a special and unique event on June 11th in Orlando, FL. You might have noticed the videos WWE released plugging "EVOLVE will present the WWE Cruiserweight Classic Flashpoint, a prelude to the tournament." This event will be designed to prepare you for the WWE Cruiserweight Classic, which starts on July 13th on the WWE Network. It will showcase some of the independent talent involved. Already confirmed are Johnny Gargano, TJP with Stokely Hathaway, Drew Gulak and, making his return to EVOLVE, Lince Dorado. We will have more info in the upcoming weeks. If you are a fan in the Orlando area and plan to attend any of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic tapings, we urge you to come to EVOLVE on June 11th.
Tickets are now on sale at DGUSA.tv for EVOLVE on June 10th in Ybor City, FL and June 11th in Orlando, FL. We'll have tickets available online next week for EVOLVE on July 16th in Queens, NY and August 19th in Joppa, MD
Darby Allin has been added to EVOLVE 62 and EVOLVE 63. Allin earned a match on EVOLVE 59 after taking part in the WWN Seminar/Tryout in Dallas. Although he had a short match, he showed enough potential to get another opportunity. The next WWN Seminar/Tryout will be June 10th in Ybor City, FL. This will be a very special and rare opportunity. WWE Performance Center Coach Norman Smiley will be there as a guest. He will give a lecture and evaluate. This is your chance to learn what WWE is looking for and get booked in the WWN Family! Spots are filling up fast. Go to the DGUSA.tv WWN Seminar/Tryout section for all the info.
After the success of the EVOLVE debut in Joppa, MD, EVOLVE is aggressively pursuing new markets. We should have an announcement next week. Thank you to the fans in the Baltimore area for giving us the inspiration to go to new markets. We can't wait to comeback to Joppa on August 19th.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

‏@BookItGabe 5h5 hours ago
Very excited to announce that EVOLVE will come to Wakefield, MA on July 15th. We'll have details in tomorrow's WWN Alerts.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

cool i should be able to hit both that and Queens.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

More info on upcoming shows:
The WWE Cruiserweight Classic Flashpoint is coming to EVOLVE 63 in Orlando, FL. This is designed to be a prelude to the tournament. It will preview several of the talents set for the WWE Cruiserweight Classic, which starts on the WWE Network on July 13th. The main event will be an Elimination Match featuring several of the participants in the WWE Cruiserweight Classic. Right now the match looks like:

Elimination Match - WWE Cruiserweight Classic Flashpoint
Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJP with Stokely Hathaway vs. Lince Dorado vs. ??? (more names to be added)
We are very excited to announce that EVOLVE is finally making its debut in New England! EVOLVE is coming to Wakefield, MA at The Americal Civic Center on July 15th. Tickets go on sale at www.DGUSA.tv this Friday morning! Tickets will be $50 (includes $10 merch credit) for 1st row, $35 (includes $5 merch credit) for 2nd row and $20 for GA. Already confirmed for EVOLVE's Massachusetts debut are:

-EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher
-EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams
-Zack Sabre Jr.
-Marty Scurll
-TJP with Stokely Hathaway
-Matt Riddle
-Ethan Page
-Fred Yehi
-Cedric Alexander

-Plus many more to be signed!!!

The fans in the Baltmore area gave us a home with a strong showing earlier this month. EVOLVE will return to Joppa, MD on August 19th. Now it's your turn, New England! It is only with your support on July 15th that we'll have more events all over the Boston area and New England. Thank you for giving us this opportunity!
We are excited to report that Trevor Lee returns to EVOLVE on June 11th in Orlando, FL. It will be Lee vs. Matt Riddle in a first-time-ever match!
Matt Riddle will wrestle Cedric Alexander in another first-time-ever match on June 10th at EVOLVE 62 in Ybor City, FL.
EVOLVE 62 - Ybor City, FL - June 10th

- EVOLVE Title Match: Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Chris Hero
- EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match: Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams defend vs. The Bravado Brothers
- Non-Sanctioned Fight: Johnny Gargano & TJP with Stokely Hathaway vs. Drew Galloway & EC3
- Matt Riddle vs. Cedric Alexander

- Plus more to be announced with Tony Nese, Fred Yehi, Ethan Page, Dary Allin and others!

EVOLVE 63 - Orlando, FL - June 11th

- WWE Cruiserweight Flashpoint - A Prelude To The Tournament -Elimination Match: Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJP with Stokely Hathaway vs. Lince Dorado vs. ??? (more names to be added)
- Anything Goes: Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page
- Non-Sanctioned: Ethan Carter III has an open contract!
- Matt Riddle vs. Trevor Lee

- Plus more to be signed with EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher, Tracy Williams, The Bravado Brothers, Cedric Alexander, Tony Nese, Fred Yehi, Darby Allin and others!
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

woo hoo!!! first time getting fed to Matt Riddle matches for everyone.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

dark patriot wrote:woo hoo!!! first time getting fed to Matt Riddle matches for everyone.
I haven't seen a lot of him, but what I saw didn't really impress me. Could be they were just bad showings, or he's been improving steadily since starting and hasn't plateaued out yet, so they keep pushing him as he improves. Anything real outstanding from him yet?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DBSommer wrote:
dark patriot wrote:woo hoo!!! first time getting fed to Matt Riddle matches for everyone.
I haven't seen a lot of him, but what I saw didn't really impress me. Could be they were just bad showings, or he's been improving steadily since starting and hasn't plateaued out yet, so they keep pushing him as he improves. Anything real outstanding from him yet?
Well he did call Caleb Konley "The Biggest Dildo in Sports Entertainment" recently....

In all seriousness, I thought his matches against Tracy Williams (particular their second encounter, in the Style Battle Finals at Evolve 55, which I went ****1/2 on, but also their third encounter during 'Mania Weekend in Dallas), Chris Hero & Zack Sabre Jr. (both of those I went **** on) were all great. He also had a very good match with Anthony Nese at Evolve 60. For a guy who's really only been wrestling for a little over a year, he's slowly but surely gotten better, and has done really well for himself. Plus, I love his heel personality. He's just a smug prick who doesn't give a shit, and I LOVE it.
christoffer

Post by christoffer »

Peter Kassa is back but in Dragon Gate
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

ROH needs to sign Kassa .
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

id been wondering if they were gonna use Kassa again.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Evolve 63 card:
EVOLVE 63
Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Bell Time - 8 PM
Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex
363 North Parramore Avenue
Orlando, FL

WWE Cruiserweight Flashpoint - A Prelude To The Tournament
Elimination Match: Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJP with Stokely Hathaway vs. Lince Dorado vs. ??? (more names to be added)

Anything Goes
Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page

Non-Sanctioned
Ethan Carter III has an open contract!

NEW MATCH: Non-Title Match
EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Tracy Williams

Special Challenge Match #1
Matt Riddle vs. Trevor Lee

NEW MATCH: Special Challenge Match #2
Fred Yehi vs. Cedric Alexander

NEW MATCH: Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. Jason Cade & Darby Allin

Plus Anthony Nese and more to be announced!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Evolve 62 card:
EVOLVE 62
Friday, June 10th, 2016
Bell Time - 9 PM
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Tickets now on sale in the DGUSA.tv Store.

EVOLVE Championship Match
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Chris Hero

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match
Catch Point of Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams defend vs. The Bravado Brothers

Non-Sanctioned Street Fight
Johnny Gargano & TJP w/ Stokely Hathaway vs. Drew Galloway & Ethan Carter III

Special Challenge Match #1
Matt Riddle vs. Cedric Alexander

NEW MATCH: Special Challenge Match #2
Anthony Nese vs. Fred Yehi

NEW MATCH: EVOLVE 59 Rematch
Ethan Page vs. Darby Allin
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Cody Rhodes has announced he will be working with Evolve on their 8/19 iPPV in Joppa, MD. Rhodes' non-compete with WWE ends that day. Interestingly, Evolve has been also working with WWE in recent months in building up competitors for the global cruiserweight classic tournament.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Well that news kind of goes against the whole "Evolve is taking only potential WWE bound talent now" story from a month or two ago.

Unless Cody deliberately choose Evolve due to its WWE connection and wants to show the company what they missed out on.