WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dirty wrote:Ospreay/Sabre Jr. was my favorite match I watched all weekend.

Ospreay/Scurll, Ospreay/Ricochet, Zayn/Nakamura, O'Reilly/Cole, Intercontinental ladder match were all awesome but have to give edge to Ospreay/Sabre Jr.

I didn't go to the WWN Supershow - sounds like that was awesome
I saw that a few people went ***** on Ospreay/Sabre Jr. Would you agree with that?
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

I ordered Lemmy and All Star Weekend from PWG but am getting impatient. Perhaps I'll nab Mercury Rising real quick.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@BookItGabe 36m36 minutes ago
We are very excited to announce that Marty Scurll will be at EVOLVE on 5/6 in Baltimore and 5/7 in Queens. Tix at http://DGUSA.tv
@BookItGabe 36m36 minutes ago
Drew Galloway vs Ethan Page is the first match announced for EVOLVE in the Baltimore area on 5/6. http://DGUSA.tv for tix & info
@BookItGabe 37m37 minutes ago
Johnny Gargano vs Drew Galloway is set for EVOLVE on 5/7 in Queens, NY. http://DGUSA.tv for tix & info.
dirty

Post by dirty »

DX - I don't rate matches, never really have so I feel kind of weird answering that. I'm aware of the system and understand how it's used though. If I were to rate it I'd probably say "yes - that's five starts". If it's not five then it's incredibly close - 4.75 or 4.5 at absolute worst.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dirty wrote:DX - I don't rate matches, never really have so I feel kind of weird answering that. I'm aware of the system and understand how it's used though. If I were to rate it I'd probably say "yes - that's five starts". If it's not five then it's incredibly close - 4.75 or 4.5 at absolute worst.
That's totally fine. No worries. Maybe I should have asked if it was a perfect match, or something along those lines. A lot of people don't like using star rating, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The first matches announced for the upcoming shows in May:

Evolve 60

- Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
- Drew Galloway vs. "All Ego" Ethan Page

Evolve 61

- Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano

Also signed to appear:

- Marty Scurll
- Evolve Tag Team Champions Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams
- Matt Riddle
- TJP with Stokely Hathaway
- Fred Yehi
- Lio Rush
- The Bravado Brothers
Matt Riddle was informed that WWE will not sign him to a contract at the present time. Riddle finds himself in the middle of controversy after his EVOLVE Title Match against Timothy Thatcher at EVOLVE 58. WWN has opted to sign Riddle to a contract. We officially welcome Matt Riddle to the WWN Family!
The WWE Global Cruiserweight Series qualifying matches in EVOLVE will be determined imminently. We'll have breaking news at that time.
Unfortunately, not everything was positive last weekend. EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher had a rough weekend, which ended in a completely bizarre way. We'll have more on this in the future. We do want to make it clear now that Thatcher is still the EVOLVE Champion. However, we feel it will be best for Thatcher's mental and physical state to take a leave of absence. Thatcher is off all upcoming events indefinitely.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Unfortunately, not everything was positive last weekend. EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher had a rough weekend, which ended in a completely bizarre way. We'll have more on this in the future. We do want to make it clear now that Thatcher is still the EVOLVE Champion. However, we feel it will be best for Thatcher's mental and physical state to take a leave of absence. Thatcher is off all upcoming events indefinitely.
This is my first knowing of Thatcher’s “bizarre” happenings.

Is there any insight to this as of yet? Is this related to staph again?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Wilson wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Unfortunately, not everything was positive last weekend. EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher had a rough weekend, which ended in a completely bizarre way. We'll have more on this in the future. We do want to make it clear now that Thatcher is still the EVOLVE Champion. However, we feel it will be best for Thatcher's mental and physical state to take a leave of absence. Thatcher is off all upcoming events indefinitely.
This is my first knowing of Thatcher’s “bizarre” happenings.

Is there any insight to this as of yet? Is this related to staph again?
I haven't seen Mercury Rising yet, but apparently, after his match with Sami Callihan, he cut some sort of promo, dropped the Evolve Title in the ring, and just left. Can't say anything other than that until I actually see it, but it sounded very strange.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

So, Thatcher is feuding with Catch Point (Gulak, Hot Sauce, Riddle, TJP & Fred Yehi) and said that they all "owed him a debt", for being a thorn in his side. He is still the champ, but didn't want to walk around with it until he defeated everyone in Catch Point. He left the belt in the ring and walked out, Gulak picked it up and put it on his shoulder.

It's a strange angle.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thanks, guys. I nearly forgot this was Gabe.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I saw the Ospreay vs Ricochet match from Mania weekend. Holy crap that was an amazing match. I've heard nothing but good things about EVOLVE lately, so I'm interested in getting back into the product. Where would be a good starting point?
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
Brada

Post by Brada »

I was at the Friday Evolve show during Mania weekend. I thought it was really good. Sabre Jr and Ospreay was a top 5 live match for me without a doubt. I am really starting to like Evolve. Good stuff.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:I saw the Ospreay vs Ricochet match from Mania weekend. Holy crap that was an amazing match. I've heard nothing but good things about EVOLVE lately, so I'm interested in getting back into the product. Where would be a good starting point?
If you're willing to go far back, I'd say Evolve 34 & Evolve 35 from September 2014. That's really where this whole run of Evolve being incredibly consistent started. If you don't want to go that far, I'd say 'Mania Weekend last year in San Jose is a good bet as well. It really depends on if you want to go through most of this recent run, or just cherry-pick certain shows.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

All of Danielson's WWN work from 2009-2010 is also must-see. Every match a classic against Doi, Fish, Shingo, Sawa, Yamato, and Ambrose. A shame he never got singles against BxB, Tozawa, and Yoshino.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
ROHWorld_Jon wrote:I saw the Ospreay vs Ricochet match from Mania weekend. Holy crap that was an amazing match. I've heard nothing but good things about EVOLVE lately, so I'm interested in getting back into the product. Where would be a good starting point?
If you're willing to go far back, I'd say Evolve 34 & Evolve 35 from September 2014. That's really where this whole run of Evolve being incredibly consistent started. If you don't want to go that far, I'd say 'Mania Weekend last year in San Jose is a good bet as well. It really depends on if you want to go through most of this recent run, or just cherry-pick certain shows.
I started Mania weekend last year and have had no problems. The announcers (in particular Lenny Leonard) are GREAT with catching you up on what you need to know.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Evolve 61 will host two WWE GCS matches

Drew Gulak vs. Tracy Williams
TJ Perkins vs. Fred Yehi
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Johnny Gargano vs. Marty Scurll has been signed for the EVOLVE debut on May 6 in Joppa, MD!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Card for Evolve 60:
Main Event #1 - The Rivalry Continues
Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Main Event #2 - EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match
Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams defend vs. TJ Perkins & Fred Yehi

Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page

Special Attraction Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Marty Scurll

Special Challenge Match #1
Lio Rush vs. Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #2
Matt Riddle vs. Anthony Nese

Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. The Devastation Corporation (Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Card for Evolve 61:
The Main Event - Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano

WWE Global Cruiserweight Series Qualifier
Drew Gulak vs. Tracy Williams

WWE Global Cruiserweight Series Qualifier
TJP vs. Fred Yehi

Battle Of The Best
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Marty Scurll

Breakout Stars Collide
Matt Riddle vs. Lio Rush

Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. Milk Chocolate

Special Challenge Match
Ethan Page vs. Chris Dickinson
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Evolve will be running shows in Ybor City, Florida on June 10th & Orlando, Florida on June 11th. No shock that they're running right after the next NXT TakeOver Special & subsequent TV Tapings.

Announced talent for those shows thus far include:

- Evolve Tag Team Champions Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams
- Drew Galloway
- Johnny Gargano
- TJ Perkins
- Matt Riddle
- The Bravado Brothers