WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Image
This match is just going to kill. What a fucking lineup.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently Kota Ibushi isn't in Dallas just for Evolve (this from @enuhite_eng on Twitter):
Kota Ibushi has revealed the reason why he will wrestle in EVOLVE on Tokyo Sports.

He said the reason is to join “Kaiju Big Battle”.

He said he has been wanting to join this event for over 8 years.

That’s what “Ibushi Wrestling Research Institute” wants to do.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A FIP World Heavyweight Title Match has been added to Mercury Rising 2016. It'll be Caleb Konley (c) vs. Maxwell Chicago vs. Gary Jay vs. Jason Cade.

Also, it was noted in the most recent WWNLive Alerts that Evolve 58 & Evolve 59 will both break Evolve's attendance record, with the latter specifically will be the first Evolve show to draw over 1000 fans. Congrats to them!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Kind of/sort of related since Kaiju Big Battel is part of the WWNLive Experience:
@voiceswrestling 5h5 hours ago
ICYMI: We can now confirm that Kota Ibushi will wrestle for Kaiju Big Battel in Dallas WrestleMania weekend. Story coming tomorrow.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sami Callihan vs. "All Ego" Ethan Page & Marty Scurll vs. Fred Yehi have been added to Evolve 58.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Regal announced cruiser series US qualifying matches will be taking place in Evolve.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Take it for what its worth, but at the Queens show, after his match, TJP got on the mic and said "Hey, Regal. I'm a free agent."
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Results from this past weekend:

EVOLVE 56
Spoiler: show
TJ Perkins beat Sami Callihan
Ethan Page beat Jack Gallow (sub for Mike Bailey)
Drew Gulak beat Fred Yehi
Chris Hero beat Tracy Williams
Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley beat Team Tremendous
Zack Sabre Jr. beat Johnny Gargano
EVOLVE Title match: Timothy Thatcher beat Matt Riddle
EVOLVE 57
Spoiler: show
Ethan Page beat Fred Yehi
TJ Perkins beat Tommaso Ciampa (sub for Mike Bailey)
Matt Riddle beat Chris Hero
EVOLVE Title match: Timothy Thatcher beat Caleb Konley
Sami Callihan beat Tracy Williams
Zack Sabre Jr. beat Drew Gulak
EVOLVE Tag Team Title match: Drew Galloway & Johnny Gargano beat Team Tremendous
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Please note that EVOLVE 58 on April 1st starts at 4pm in Dallas. The event will be about 2 1/2 hours, giving you plenty of time to make it a double header with another event that night.
Entire card for Evolve 58 - Friday, April 1 @ 4PM:

Ethan Page vs. Sami Callihan

Fred Yehi vs. Marty Scurll

Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins

Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Tag Titles vs. Tag Tenure
Drew Galloway & Johnny Gargano vs. Anthony Nese & Caled Konley

Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Evolve Title Match
Timothy Thatcher vs. Matt Riddle
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Entire card for Mercury Rising 2016 - Saturday, April 2 @ 8PM

Shine Title Match
Taylor Made vs. Ivellsse Velez

FIP Title Match
Caleb Konley vs. Jason Cade vs. Gary Jay vs. Maxwell Chicago

Ethan Page vs. Anthony Nese

Drew Gulak vs. Fred Yehi

Matt Riddle vs. Tracy Williams

Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Evolve Title Match
Timothy Thatcher vs. Sami Callihan

Will Ospreay, Tommy End, & Marty Scurll vs. TJ Perkins, Kota Ibushi, & Johnny Gargano
dirty

Post by dirty »

I'm hoping Wrestlecon does Mysterio vs. Sabre Jr. for their main event but seeing that Sabre is towards the end of Mercury Rising I'm not sure that'll happen - it's probably unlikely.

Still as good as Mercury Rising looks I'm glad I chose Wrestlecon Supershow. I'm already attending both Evolve shows so I'll get to see a lot of these guys in sweet matches already. Yeah, I'm bummed I won't see Ibushi but I'm pumped Wrestlecon got so many of the top Lucha Underground guys to perform.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Anyone else as pumped up about Yehi vs Scurll as I am? Scurll has been on fire this year, and this could be a huge night for Fred that hopefully get's him a lot more big bookings.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Added to Evolve 59
NEW MATCH: Special Attraction Match
Chris Hero vs. Fred Yehi

NEW MATCH: Special Challenge Match
Sami Callihan vs. Anthony Nese with So Cal Val & Andrea

NEW MATCH: Bonus Match
Ethan Page vs. a wrestler selected from the WWN Seminar/Tryout
Fred Yehi is going to have one hell of a weekend, taking on Scurll and Hero. He won't win either match, but I hope he steals the shows.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Top WWE Officials William Regal, Matt Bloom and Canyon Cemen made an unprecedented visit at yesterday's WWN Seminar/Tryout. They each lectured the participants with invaluable knowledge. Regal even got involved with the in ring training. Bloom paid WWN Seminar/Tryout Head Trainer Drew Gulak the ultimate compliment by saying "Drew shows you the WWE way."
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Evolve 58 was a pretty great show, but it had issues. Streaming problems plagued the opener (Evolve Tag Team Title Match). Thatcher/Riddle for the Evolve Title (the 2nd match) had a boring first half, but then the second half was better. The finish (where Thatcher was "injured") with the No Contest was very weird & confusing. From there, everything was uphill. Scurll/Yehi was good, and Callihan/Page was really good. Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins was great, with Perkins getting the win. Stokely Hathaway showing up was a surprise. Very intrigued to see where this whole "Dream Team" thing goes. Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr. was FANTASTIC (best match of the weekend before Nakamura vs. Zayn happened). People were comparing it to the Dragon Gate Six-Man Tag from ROH in 2006, in terms of historical significance (i.e. what this match will do for British Wrestling). Having Heroes Eventually Die vs. Catch Point be the Main Event was the wrong move. I really like the match, but the crowd wasn't as into the match after Ospreay/ZSJ (which should have been the Main Event).
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Evolve 58 was a pretty great show, but it had issues. Streaming problems plagued the opener (Evolve Tag Team Title Match). Thatcher/Riddle for the Evolve Title (the 2nd match) had a boring first half, but then the second half was better. The finish (where Thatcher was "injured") with the No Contest was very weird & confusing. From there, everything was uphill. Scurll/Yehi was good, and Callihan/Page was really good. Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins was great, with Perkins getting the win. Stokely Hathaway showing up was a surprise. Very intrigued to see where this whole "Dream Team" thing goes. Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr. was FANTASTIC (best match of the weekend before Nakamura vs. Zayn happened). People were comparing it to the Dragon Gate Six-Man Tag from ROH in 2006, in terms of historical significance (i.e. what this match will do for British Wrestling). Having Heroes Eventually Die vs. Catch Point be the Main Event was the wrong move. I really like the match, but the crowd wasn't as into the match after Ospreay/ZSJ (which should have been the Main Event).
How long did Ospreay vs. Sabre Jr. go?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Per Dave Meltzer, Matt Riddle has apparently signed a two-year contract with Evolve.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: How long did Ospreay vs. Sabre Jr. go?
It went about 16-17 minutes, but it was fantastic, and everyone who saw it has raved about it. Like I said in my earlier post, some people were comparing it to the Dragon Gate Six-Man Tag from ROH in 2006 in terms of its significance and what it did for (in this case) British Wrestling.
dirty

Post by dirty »

Ospreay/Sabre Jr. was my favorite match I watched all weekend.

Ospreay/Scurll, Ospreay/Ricochet, Zayn/Nakamura, O'Reilly/Cole, Intercontinental ladder match were all awesome but have to give edge to Ospreay/Sabre Jr.

I didn't go to the WWN Supershow - sounds like that was awesome