WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Ladrao12

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Ladrao12 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
@BookItGabe · 6h 6 hours ago
EVOLVE back to NY on March 8th. All the info including the main event in Monday morning's WWN Alerts.
Still don't know why this wasn't announced sooner. They have less than three weeks to sell tickets & promote the show.
Wouldn't be surprised if they literally JUST got everything booked and finalized over the weekend.

Here's the WWN alert:
It's been too long since we've been to the Northeast. We've heard your demands. The opportunity presented itself to run an event on short notice and we are going to do it with a first time ever match for EVOLVE. You ready for the info? Let's get to it....

February 16th: EVOLVE 38 will take place on March 8th at The Sportatorium on 435-13 Brook Ave. in Deer Park, NY at 8pm. Advance tickets are just $40 for 1st row, $30 for 2nd row and $20 for GA (all ticket prices increase $5 on the day of the show). 1st row gets a $10 merch credit and 2nd row gets a $5 merch credit (must be used at WWN table that night). Tickets go on sale at www.DGUSA.tv at noon today.

February 16th: The main event will be EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong, but there's much more to it. For the first time in EVOLVE history, this match will take place in a STEEL CAGE! There must be a winner. This contest will be non-title since Strong is not ranked. The feud between Galloway and Strong has become red hot. You can watch their first bout at EVOLVE 35 for free here. The rematch at EVOLVE 36 saw a wild no contest that included a brawl out to the streets of Ybor City, FL. Now the third match comes to Long Island and there will be a winner in the unforgiving steel cage!

February 16th: We'll have more major match announcements for EVOLVE 38 on March 8th in the upcoming days. Already confirmed for EVOLVE's return to the New York market are:

-DGUSA Open The United Gate Champions Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley of The Premier Athlete Brand
-Trent Baretta of The Premier Athlete Brand
-AR Fox
-Chris Hero
-Biff Busick
-Drew Gulak
-Plus more to be announced!

February 16th: EVOLVE 38 will be on live iPPV at www.WWNLive.com. It will be available for pre-order soon.

February 16th: FTW will hold a card featuring an appearance by Kevin Nash at 5pm at The Sportatorium on March 8th. Go to www.FTWProWrestling.com for info.

Sucks that it is in Deer Park, NY on a Sunday. pretty much guarantees a lot of the NYC crowd probably won't go.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

I'm assuming it's the NYWC Sportatorium. I live on Long Island, but I don't drive and live about 2 hours away. Looks like I may have to miss this one.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Main Event is intriguing enough to sell me on the iPPV/VOD. Galloway & Strong seem to have really good chemistry, and I can't wait to see what they can do in a Steel Cage Match.

Still, I think the fact that this was only announced today, just under three weeks out, is going to hurt the attendance. Does anyone know what the NYWC Sportatorium is like? How many people could they fit in there for an Evolve Show?
isles11

Post by isles11 »

I have been there when I was in school and was closer. It holds around, if I remember correctly, 250-300. It's in a place that has a bunch of other things. Its like a shopping center, but without the shops if that makes sense. Its a little dark in there, but its an Indy Wrestling venue.

Actually they have a working relationship with CZW, and CZW held Cerebral there.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

If it only fits 250-300, and there's a steel cage match, I'm sure they'll do fine. Should be a really good match, too.
Captain44

Post by Captain44 »

From the pictures on the NYWC website and their instagram they even have pictures of a cage match and plenty of room.
cornettefan90

Post by cornettefan90 »

Pumped for the news of the local for the March 8 show , most likely going to be my first time attending an evolve /dragon gate use show

For the questions of capacity , as an attender of shows there , if they alow standing , over 600 can be cramed into the building
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

More matches added to Evolve 38, 39, and the WWN Supershow:
Evolve 38
AR Fox vs. Trent Baretta

Matt Cage (Endorsed by Uhaa Nation) vs. Tony Nese

Evolve 39
Ricochet & Uhaa Nation vs. Caleb Konley & Brian Cage with So Cal Val
Can Ricochet & Nation build momentum towards 3/28 vs. a hungry, new Premiere Athlete Brand

WWN Supershow
PJ Black (FKA Justin Gabriel) vs. AR Fox
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ladrao12 wrote:More matches added to Evolve 38, 39, and the WWN Supershow:
Evolve 38
AR Fox vs. Trent Baretta

Matt Cage (Endorsed by Uhaa Nation) vs. Tony Nese

Evolve 39
Ricochet & Uhaa Nation vs. Caleb Konley & Brian Cage with So Cal Val
Can Ricochet & Nation build momentum towards 3/28 vs. a hungry, new Premiere Athlete Brand

WWN Supershow
PJ Black (FKA Justin Gabriel) vs. AR Fox
Some really good matches. Awesome to see Matt Cage getting an opportunity in a bigger promotion.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah 250-300 people sounds right,its in an industrial park. it was real steamy during the summer, i hope itll be nearly as toasty on the 8th. NYWC works with a bunch of other promotions.
joshkyleo'reillyfan

Post by joshkyleo'reillyfan »

Do y'all think there will be an oppurtunity to meet some of the wrestlers at EVOLVE 38 in NY?
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

joshkyleo'reillyfan wrote:Do y'all think there will be an oppurtunity to meet some of the wrestlers at EVOLVE 38 in NY?
Yes, they're always at merch tables.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Drew Gulak & Ethan Page (endorsed by Johnny Gargano) have been added to the WWNLive Experience in San Jose! Awesome News! Looks like Gabe's crew is going to be putting on some really good shows in San Jose.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

So Rich Swann is out of action?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

LJimmy wrote:So Rich Swann is out of action?
He was stripped of the FIP World Title during their iPPV this weekend, so it looks like he's out. Heard it's some type of knee injury.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Two more matches added for March 8th:

- Chris Hero vs. Drew Gulak
- Title Shot On The Line - Biff Busick vs. Caleb Konley
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

Looking forward to Evolve 38, as it is not far from me at all and the main event sounds really good.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Last time we saw Chris Hero in EVOLVE in August, he hit Drew Gulak with a cheap shot at the end of the Style Battle tournament. It will be Hero vs. Gulak at EVOLVE 38 on March 8th on live iPPV at http://www.WWNLive.com in HD! This promises to be a pure wrestling, hard-hitting encounter.

Caleb Konley missed out on his title match at the last set of shows due to an injury. Biff Busick looks to be #1 in the next ratings after going 2-0 at the last EVOLVE weekend. Both can claim rights to a title shot. It will be Konley vs. Busick on March 8th in Deer Park, NY with the winner getting the right to book themselves in any title match they want!

Team Tremendous of Dan Barry & Bill Carr have been gaining a strong following. They will make their EVOLVE debuts on March 8th in Long Island.
DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano has endorsed Ethan Page. "All Ego" has been signed for the EVOLVE cards and WWN Supershow in San Jose!

Drew Gulak is also confirmed for both EVOLVE events and the WWN Supershow in San Jose.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Damn, March 8th is a Sunday. As long as I don't work, I may just order that.

Are WWNLive iPPV's usually pretty good?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote: Are WWNLive iPPV's usually pretty good?
Are you referring to the stream quality? If so, I'd say it's pretty good. I've had very few issues since they made the move to HD.