WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Chris Hero is confirmed for both EVOLVE events and the WWN Supershow in San Jose. We want to point out that we have lowered ticket prices from last year. There are also improved discounts and perks with the Total Experience packages.
EVOLVE 36 - Ybor City, FL - January 9th - 9pm EST - www.DGUSA.tv
FIP kickoff show at 7pm - Get both shows with one ticket!

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Caleb Konley with Su Yung

Non-Title Grudge Match
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong

Two Top Ranked Wrestlers Collide!
Ricochet vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Challenge Match
Biff Busick vs. Trevor Lee

Plus more to be announced with Rich Swann, AR Fox, Uhaa Nation, Anthony Nese with Su Yung, The Bravado Brothers and others!
EVOLVE 37 - Winter Park, FL - January 10th - 9pm EST - www.DGUSA.tv
Special double header with Full Impact Pro at 6pm - One ticket gets you both shows!

EVOLVE Title Match
Drew Galloway defends vs. Ricochet

Special Challenge Match #1
Roderick Strong vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Challenge Match #2
Uhaa Nation vs. Biff Busick

Special Challenge Match #3
AR Fox vs. Trevor Lee

Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley with Su Yung will defend the Open The United Gate Titles!

Plus more to be announced with Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano, Rich Swann, The Bravado Brothers and others!
We have heard you ask about the status of Dragon Gate USA. Here is a simple version of what is going on. DGUSA is currently on hiatus. It is not dead, but we are going to emphasize EVOLVE and the WWN Supershow concept now. Basically, as many of you know, we had visa issues last year. By the time they were worked out, Dragon Gate had to move forward with their business in Japan. As a result, no DGUSA weekends were scheduled. This is understandable. The only available weekend was when we had the WWN tour of China. We will still recognize and keep alive the DGUSA Titles and some concepts. We hope to have DGUSA back one day. Our relationship with Dragon Gate remains strong. Thank you for your support of DGUSA. We look forward to a huge 2015 with EVOLVE, WWN Supershows, SHINE, FIP, King Of Indies, Kaiju Big Battel and who knows what else.
The cards for the January Shows look pretty intriguing so far.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Thanks for the Christmas present Gabe. Really remember liking this one
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I love that building so much. Just watched that, great match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So back during the Black Friday Sale, I picked up 3 Shows: Enter The Dragon 2010, Mercury Rising 2013, and Evolve 32. The Evolve Shows weren't supposed to be ready to be shipped out until December 19th (per their website & news alerts) so I wasn't surprised that I only got it today. I got the first two, but instead of the Evolve 32 DVD, I got this message:
"We had hoped that the EVOLVE preorders would be completely by 12/19. Unfortunately, they were not. We will ship them out to you separately ASAP"
On the bright side, I have Roku now, so I can at least watch stuff on their Roku Channel when I'm home from college.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
"We had hoped that the EVOLVE preorders would be completely by 12/19. Unfortunately, they were not. We will ship them out to you separately ASAP"
Yeah, they didn't have my Evolve 1 either, but at least I got Enter '10 (good choice, BTW)
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Finally got around to watching this the other day.

EVOLVE 32

Drew Galloway vs. Anthony Nese ***1/4
This was a good opener, and about the level of indy Drew matches you’d expect at this stage. He’s still got to take time to adjust.

I’ve been watching EVOLVE for two shows, and can already tell 0 people care about Su Yung being the focus of a storyline.

James Raideen vs. Drew Gulak **
Raideen isn’t very good at the best of times, and Gulak is a bad match up for him. As a result, this wasn’t too good.

Biff Busick vs. Timothy Thatcher ***1/4
In general I find Thatcher a bit dry, but Busick is just about the perfect opponent for him. He’s good enough to keep up with his grappling, but is flashy enough to make it entertaining.

Caleb Konley vs. Johnny Gargano ***1/2
Good but very “indy” match. Could do without the screwy finish and the trading of superkicks/bicycle kicks. Still a lot of fun though.

Chris Hero vs. Ric Swann **3/4
Hero’s pointless flippy shit just looks dumb. I just didn’t feel this match at all. Chris doesn’t work in the big man role, but his size at this point forced him into it.

Ricochet vs. Matt Sydal ***3/4
Very enjoyable high flying match, although it did feel to me like they went home just when it was getting really good. This was my second favourite post WWE Sydal match, ahead of all his ROH stuff so far.

A pretty solid show, but nothing blow away.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Card for Evolve 36:
Open The Freedom Gate Championship Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Open The United Gate Champion Caleb Konley w/Su Yung

Non-Title Grudge Match
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong

Two Top Ranked Wrestlers Collide!
Ricochet vs. Timothy Thatcher

NEW MATCH - Stipulation To Be Announced Next Week
Rich Swann vs. Anthony Nese w/Su Yung

NEW MATCH - Grudge Tag Team Match
AR Fox & Uhaa Nation vs. Harlem & Lancelot Bravado

Special Challenge Match
Biff Busick vs. Trevor Lee
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Robareid

Post by Robareid »

EVOLVE 33

Ah, the infamous outside arena.

Anthony Nese vs. Lince Dorado *
Was going on fine, then Nese slapped on a single leg crab out of nowhere after three minutes and won. Weird.

Chris Hero vs. Caleb Konley ***
A good match, but nothing really memorable.

James Raideen vs. Timothy Thatcher *1/2
Raideen can't wrestle a Thatcher match, so this was bad.

Damn it's getting dark on the hard cam.

Biff Busick vs. Drew Gulak ***
Enjoyable, but definitely not one of their better outings.

Ricochet vs. Drew Galloway ***
Galloway literally threw Ricochet into a brick wall in this one. Another solid match, but felt rushed. Ricochet barely got any offense in.

Rich Swann vs. Johnny Gargano ***3/4
Good main event with some good inventive spots well utilising the unique surroundings. Probably my favourite match of the weekend.

Overall this was an okay show, but didn't have a great top to bottom show or a must see match, although the main was very good. That's got me to the end of my first weekend of EVOLVE, and I can't say I'm too impressed, but I'll stick with it and give EVOLVE 34 and 35 a watch and see if they're any better.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Robareid wrote:EVOLVE 33

Overall this was an okay show, but didn't have a great top to bottom show or a must see match, although the main was very good. That's got me to the end of my first weekend of EVOLVE, and I can't say I'm too impressed, but I'll stick with it and give EVOLVE 34 and 35 a watch and see if they're any better.
I actually really liked the Gargano/Swann Evolution's End Match from Evolve 33. Evolve 32 was the best show of that weekend in my eyes.

I would definitely watch Evolve 34 & Evolve 35. The former was great, the latter was fantastic.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

What was the Thatcher/Busick 'Strike Heard 'Round The World'?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

EVOLVE 34

Anthony Nese vs. Johnny Gargano ***
Good but very indy opener. Could do without the trading of superkicks/bicycle kicks.

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher ***3/4
I’ve said in the past that Busick is Thatcher’s perfect opponent. I was wrong, it’s Sabre. This was simply fantastic technical wrestling.

Roderick Strong vs. Uhaa Nation ***1/4
Good match, but I hoped for a bit more physicality.

Caleb Konley vs. Ricochet ***1/4
Fun match, although the crowd just doesn’t buy Konley.

AR Fox vs. Moose **
Moose is green. Fox is flippy.

The Colony vs. Bravado Brothers **1/2
Very, very disappointing. Flat finish and crowd just didn’t really care.

Rich Swann vs. Drew Galloway ***
Galloway isn’t ready for main eventing yet. He’s still adjusting to the indies.

Another solid show, but again nothing special.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

EVOLVE 35

Heard a lot of good things about this show, so really hope it delivers far more than any of the four previous Chapter 2 EVOLVE shows.

Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak ***3/4
Amazing opener. Beautiful flowing counter wrestling. I'd have never have pegged these two as two who'd have great chemistry, but damn they just meshed perfectly. My favourite match of Chapter 2 so far.

Tracey Williams vs. Timothy Thatcher **3/4
Nice little Thatcher showcase.

Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong ***3/4
Great physical match. Not a fan of Drew seemingly using a Cradle Piledriver as a signature non-finisher though, but still my favourite Drew 2014 match.

Biff Busick vs, Zack Sabre Jr. ***3/4
Another awesome match for Sabre in his US tour and this EVOLVE show. While I don't think this one was executed quite as well as his match with Thatcher, I definitely prefer this style to what he wrestled the previous night.

Bravado Brothers vs. Premier Athlete Brand vs. Fox & Swann ***3/4
Holy shit, what a damn match. Sure it was a spotfest, but hey it was a really great one. Shame about the tag legalities, even under Dragon Gate rules, but this was just one metric fuckload of fun. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Uhaa Nation vs. Ricochet ***3/4
Not quite as good as their Dream Gate match from earlier this year, but still a great match and a good main. The early knee work played well into the finishing stretch, which is always nice to see. Would have probably been 4 stars if Ricochet had sold his neck after the big piledriver.

Damn, what a show. I'm only the second person I've seen not go over **** for any of those matches, but don't get me wrong, this was a fantastic show. Legit non-NJPW show of the year contender. Very rarely does a show have five great matches.

EVOLVE Chapter 2 Top Matches:

1st - Bravado Brothers vs. Premier Athlete Brand vs. Fox & Swann - Elimination - EVOLVE 35 ***3/4
2nd - Ricochet vs. Uhaa Nation - EVOLVE 35 ***3/4
3rd - Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak - EVOLVE 35 ***3/4
4th - Rich Swann vs. Johnny Gargano - EVOLVE 33 ***3/4
5th - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher - EVOLVE 34 ***3/4
6th - Ricochet vs. Matt Sydal - EVOLVE 32 ***3/4
7th - Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong - EVOLVE 35 ***3/4
8th - Biff Busick vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - EVOLVE 35 ***3/4
MHDogg

Post by MHDogg »

A new match was added to Evolve 37 recently:

NEW MATCH - DGUSA Open The United Gate Tag Title Match - Last Shot For The Bravados
Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley with Su Yung vs. Harlem & Lancelot Bravado

Last edited by MHDogg on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I find it interesting that Johnny Gargano & Rich Swann (both title holders) still have no announced matches for Evolve 37. I'm guessing they'll tag against The Juicy Product or something...
MHDogg

Post by MHDogg »

That would make sense since they have the FIP show prior to Evolve 37 and they wouldn't want to overload the show with two more singles matches.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Konley is off the shows due to injury. Replacements for the DGUSA title match and for Nese's tag defense will be made.

Also. So Cal Val is coming to Evolve to be a manager
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think this would be a good time to elevate The Juicy Product. They're on the FIP Pre-Shows in both cases. I would throw in JT Dunn to take on Gargano on Evolve 36. Not sure what they would do for Evolve 37. I guess introduce a new member into The Premiere Athlete Brand?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think this would be a good time to elevate The Juicy Product. They're on the FIP Pre-Shows in both cases. I would throw in JT Dunn to take on Gargano on Evolve 36. Not sure what they would do for Evolve 37. I guess introduce a new member into The Premiere Athlete Brand?
Dunn isn't a big enough name to be granted a title match from the word go. Not with the current ratings set up that Evolve uses to determine contenders. I would put the JP up against the Bravadoes on 37 tho. Maybe as a FIP tag titles match to showcase FIP some.
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Post by OnlyTheStrongSurvive »

Been hearing that people who ordered the preorder Evolve dvds got the rest of there order with a note apologising for not sending them as there not ready. I don't think the DVD problem will ever be sorted in WWN.