Jim Crockett Promotions

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
tlova86

Jim Crockett Promotions

Post by tlova86 »

Did you watch?
What is your favorite storyline?
Least favorite storyline?
Best Match?
Worst Match?
BrandenScott

Re: Jim Crockett Promotions

Post by BrandenScott »

I have been watching the old shows that were just uploaded to WWE network and I love it. I always was a fan of the horseman and how the babyfaces would chase after them and Flair for the belts. I hope to see more old NWA added to the network as it is an easy and fun watch.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Yes , I watched JCP. There were two periods in the 80's. The George Scott era and the Dusty Rhodes era. The Scott era really pushed Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair. . Steamboat and Jay Youngblood feud with Jack And Jerry Brisco was epic . Their feud with Sgt.Slaughter and Don Kernodle . Of Steamboat singles matches with Ric Flair in the late 70's and early 80's were classics. Flair also had quite the series with Wahoo McDaniel. Of course who can not love the Roddy Piper vs. Greg Valentine wars.

Scott went to the WWF along with Steamboat , Valentine , Slaughter , Piper , Bob Orton , JR and the Brisco Brothers. Dusty bought in his crew . Terry Allen , Manny Fernandez , Road Warriors ,, Ron Garvin , Jimmy Garvin , Barry Windham , , Ric Rude , Lex Luger , the Russians and both Express teams . Really two different promotions Ric Flair was the one constant in the promotion.

The Terry Allen vs. Tully Blanchard I quit match was the best match from the Dusty era. Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham was great. Any tag match with the Midnight Express, Rock N; Roll Express , Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard , Ric Rude and Manny Fernandez , Ron Garvin and Barry Windham and Tommy Rogers/ Bobby Fulton were must see. Some of the greatest wrestling ever.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

JCP era NWA is my all-time favorite wrestling promotion. My brother and I could not wait for 6:05 every Saturday night on TBS. I don't think we missed a single episode.

Favorite storyline is hard. ONe that jumps to mind immediately, though it came close to the end when JCP sold to Turner, was the Original Midnight Express attacking the Midnight Express on TV. With no "dirtsheets" that we knew of then, and no internet, it was a huge surprise to see OME show up on NWA. Besides that, the Magnum TA feuds with Tully and Nikita were epic. But to pick one, I'll go with the Horseman/Dusty long storyline that eventually brought us Wargames.
Least Favorite would probably be Jimmy Valiant v. Paul Jones, only because it seemed to go on forever. Both had to leave town, both had their heads shaved, Valiant lost his beard, and yet they kept feuding forever with no real true ending that I can recall. It wasn't horribly bad, just never seemed to end.

Favorite Match? Real hard to pick one. I quit match at Starrcade 85. Wargames the first. I always loved the TV title unification match from Starrcade 87. Pretty much any Barry Windham v. Ric Flair match was great, including the 45 minute TV match they had. I also always enjoyed, for whatever reason, Ronnie Garvin's in ring work. Couldn't pin point a specific show date, but do remember a really awesome Arn Anderson v. Brad Armstrong World TV title match on Saturday night where I was CERTAIN Brad was going to win the belt.

Least favorite match? Hard to say. I honestly can't recall a really bad match. As a kid, I loved it all. Well, except for Baron Von Rasche. We hated him with a passion, simply because he looked so damn old. So any match he was in. Pick one. That's my least favorite.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

tlova86 wrote:Did you watch?
What is your favorite storyline?
Least favorite storyline?
Best Match?
Worst Match?
I didn't watch it live as it aired, but have seen lots of footage through dvds and the such and it was an awesome promotion!
Anything involving the Horsemen was gold.