The wXw thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Thelone

The wXw thread

Post by Thelone »

http://www.wxw-wrestling.com/pages/intro.php

Didn't find a thread for this promotion so there.

I have tickets for the whole 16 Carat Gold tournament and the first night is pretty stacked :

Absolute Andy vs. Sha Samuels
Andrew Everett vs. Ricochet
Axel Dieter Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher
Axel Tischer vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Cedric Alexander vs. Marty Scurll
Daisuke Harada vs. Kim Ray
Sasa Keel vs. Uhaa Nation
Tommy End vs. Chris Sabin

+ WCTT.

That should be great :)
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Robareid

Re: The wXw thread

Post by Robareid »

As much as the field is stacked this year, there's not too many first round matches there I'm super hyped for. The following rounds could well be amazing though. And you can't complain about Ricochet vs. Everett and part of it may be me not being overly familiar with two many of the natives body's of work.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I don't know much about the local talent either, but I doubt they bring in scrubs for this tournament so I'm optimistic.

Booked everything (train, hotel) and even found a seat for Night 3 instead of the GA ticket I bought first. Can't wait :P
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

So Tommy End won this thing against Axel Dieter Jr. Best match was ZSJ vs. Axel Tischer from Night 1 (easily MOTYC) and best show overall was tonight. I'll do something more in-depth tomorrow when I'm back home and not on my crappy netbook (remember these things ?) with a tiny keyboard.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

It's been getting a lot of live twitter hype. They even went and got my friend Alan to do English commentary for them which will be available on their VOD service.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Well, it's billed as "the biggest wrestling tournament in Europe", so it makes sense to have English commentary for this.

Night 1

Ricochet couldn't make it, so the opener became a qualifyer for his spot.

Robert Dreissker vs. Da Mack vs. Michael Dante vs. Mike Schwarz - **
Not much to see here, but it wasn't going to be much when the winner is wrestling another match later. Dreissker won.

Marty Scurll vs. Cedric Alexander - ***
First time seeing Scurll and I love this Villain character. Cedric looked good here but tapped out at the end.

Absolute Andy vs. Sha Samuels - **1/2
It was alright, not much to say about this one.

Axel Dieter Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher - NR
I get where they were going with all the mat wrestling and submission work, but it never clicked for me and I didn't really care to be brutally honest, which is why I'm not grading this one

Tommy End vs. Chris Sabin - ***1/2
I know people think that Sabin is bland and isn't worth much on his own, but I wouldn't mind him in ROH based on what I saw of him. He's obviously not going anywhere big anytime soon, has some name recognition and can still work.

Sasa Keel vs. Uhaa Nation - ***
Uhaa sure is impressive and has tons of charisma.

Daisuke Harada vs. Kim Ray - ***1/2

Andrew Everett vs. Robert Dreissker - ***1/2
Simple and effective "power vs. speed" match with Everett bumping around for the much bigger Dreissker, then hitting his big high-flying spots for the win. Everett looks like a less buff Adrian Neville btw.

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Axel Tischer - ****1/2
Match of the weekend and quite the display for both guys.

World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice Lerae and Joey Ryan) vs. Melanie Gray & Karsten Beck - ***1/2
The announcer billed this as an intergender match, then basically said it was only a mixed tag match and the crowd chanted bullshit. Anyway, they didn't care about the rules behind the referee's back with Beck hitting Candice a bunch of times and Joey hitting the Boobplex on Gray for the win.

Night 2

World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice Lerae and Joey Ryan) vs. Da Mack & Kay Lee Ray - ***
KLR wasn't advertised so that was a nice surprise. The announcer made the same mistake for some reason. No intergender shenanigans this time and WCTT with the win.

After the match, they asked for a match against the tag champions so they can finally have a true intergender match, and someone agreed to do it for the last day.

Tommy End vs. Andrew Everett - ***1/2
Pretty much the same match from Everett but this time, it's End who goes over.

Axel Dieter Jr. vs. Marty Scurll - ***
A very good match with a weird finish, although I don't think I saw it right. Let's just say I was a bit surprised when the Ghostbusters rip-off started after the bell.

Michael Dante vs. Aaron Insane vs. Robert Dreissker vs. Sha Samuels vs. The Rotation vs. Timothy Thatcher - **
Eh, just a six way to give a moment to the Rotation guy (he's from their wrestling school) before he's speared to death by Dante.

Ilja Dragunov vs. "Bad Bones" John Klinger (c) - ***1/2
It was for Bad Bones' Shotgun title and under Vladivostock Rules (because Dragunov is the evil soviet with flag waving and stuff) which I didn't get because my German is pretty much non-existant, but I guess it was only pin or submission from what I saw. The rules didn't matter much though except for two chair spots and some brawling outside.

Absolute Andy vs. Sasa Keel - *
This match bored me to no end and I can't really explain why. It just felt like stuff was happening.

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Daisuke Hamada - ****
More awesomeness from ZSJ with a guy he works with in NOAH.

After the match, Sabre put Hamada over, then he just said "Danke schon".

Axel Tischer vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Uhaa Nation vs. Chris Sabin - ****
Even outside of ROH, Cedric can't seem to catch a break because he also ate the pin here.

Big Daddy Walter vs. Karsten Beck (c) - NR
I watched ten minutes and left because it was boring and my legs were killing me. From what I got the next day, Beck kept his title after Dreissker turned on BDW.

Night 3

Axel Dieter Jr. vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - ****
Tommy End vs. Absolute Andy - ****
Great stuff from the semi-finals.

Kay Lee Ray vs. Melanie Gray - ***
It was basically a transition between the semi-finals and the rest of the card, but it did its job.

"Bad Bones" John Klinger vs. Daisuke Hamada vs. Kim Ray vs. Timothy Thatcher - ***1/2
Ray heeling it up was fun while the other three were babyfaces.

World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice Lerae and Joey Ryan) vs. French Flavour (c) (Lucas Di Leo and Peter Fischer) - ***1/2
The announcer decided to troll the crowd (I hope so anyway) and billed this as a mixed tag match even though it obviously wasn't. Pretty much exactly what to expect with Candice kicking ass and doing the Ballsplex to one of the French guys, then they low-blowed her and hit their finisher to retain.

Axel Tischer vs. Ilja Dragunov (c) - ***1/2
First successful defense for the young russian.

After the match, they did a long segment because it was the last match of Tischer before he goes to the US apparently.

Robert Dreissker vs. The Rotation - Squash
After the match, Big Daddy Walter came out and said some stuff before Dreissker and his new manager bailed, then Beck and Samuels came out to beat up BDW some more, then Mike Schwarz (he's a local guy) also came out to even the odds which obviously led to...

Big Daddy Walter & Mike Schwarz vs. The Piledrivers (Karsten Beck and Sha Samuels) - ***
Angle advancement match I assume to set up something else for later.

Marty Scurll vs. Chris Sabin - ***1/2
After the match, Scurll cut a promo saying that he changed quite a lot since the last time he was there, but he's back for good now.

Da Mack & Uhaa Nation vs. Andrew Everett & Cedric Alexander - ****
They did a little dance-off at the beginning and the crowd chanted "Holy shit" and "This is wrestling". Cedric ate the pin once again because why not :lol:

Tommy End vs. Axel Dieter Jr. - ***1/2
They brawled quite a bit around the place, then they hit the big moves when they came back to the ring.

After the match, End put over Dieter Jr. huge saying that he was the future of the company. It was a bit surprising live, but then I realized that he won everything in wXw and since he's starting to get bookings in the US now, maybe he's not going to be there as much from now on.

Overall, I had a blast doing this.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Sounds like those were great shows.

On a side note, I just saw wXw has a weekly TV show on their YouTube channel, does anybody know if it's worth checking out?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Latest episode of Shotgun, recapping the Carat Gold shows. Also features the End vs Everett match.

End is going to have a big year in 2015.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

GODDAMMIT, WHY ARE YOU TEMPTING ME LIKE THAT ?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

For anyone who still has some spare time left, wXw's weekly youtube show is also available in English since a few weeks now.

You can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/wXwGER/videos
I was in the front line when we battled page 15