CZW

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
donkitrk99

CZW

Post by donkitrk99 »

Anybody have their record of star ratings for CZW this year? I watched a good portion of the pre Wrestlemania stuff but couldn't keep up after that. I'm not a fan of slice and dice stuff, but guys like Busick and Gulak deserve to have eyeballs on them, and I usually enjoy Chris Dickinson too. I'd like to be able to catch up on the good stuff before the new year
DXvsNWO1994

Re: CZW

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I really don't pay attention to CZW that much at all. I bought Cage of Death XV from last December because it actually had a very good card, although I think people saying that Cage of Death XV was better than Final Battle 2013 (which were, of course, on the same day) is completely ridiculous. Regardless, I'd recommend that show.

As far as 2014 goes, again, I haven't seen anything from this year. I know Drake Younger won the annual Best of the Best Tournament. If you're really into the Gulak/Busick Matches (which are always great), you can get those shows, but I've honestly haven't really been paying attention.

Speaking of Drew Gulak & Biff Busick, they were in the Cage of Death Match this weekend. Never thought those guys would be in the Cage of Death.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Pro Wrestling Ponderings has quite a few CZW reviews from this year (with star ratings).

The matches that have been recommended (****+) to me from 2014 which I'll get around to watching at some point are:

Drew Gulak vs. AR Fox - Mar 14
Drew Gulak vs. Biff Busick - Apr 14
Drew Gulak vs. Biff Busick - Sep 14
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I just saw some of the stuff posted on Highspots TV. Watched nearly everything with Gulak, Busick, Fox, and starting to become a fan of the Beaver Boys and Juicy Product. Also would give mention to Cole +Jessicka Havok vs. Callihan and Lufisto as being my arguably favorite intergender match of all time. Actually it's just a great match period. It was at the 14th anniversary show
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

CZW announced that The Young Bucks will be at their next show. They will be challenging OI4K (formerly known as Irish Airborne) for the CZW World Tag Team Titles.

This should be interesting.
Brada

Post by Brada »

CZW is garbage.....used to be pretty good about 4-5 years ago....now..........blah.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Brada wrote:CZW is garbage.....used to be pretty good about 4-5 years ago....now..........blah.
What were they doing 4-5 years ago that they aren't doing today? Please do tell.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Brada

Post by Brada »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Brada wrote:CZW is garbage.....used to be pretty good about 4-5 years ago....now..........blah.
What were they doing 4-5 years ago that they aren't doing today? Please do tell.
lol...good point. Let me re-phrase. At least a number of years back they had talent......Moxley, Callihan, etc...
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Looking over their roster page I wouldn't even say they don't have a ton of talent (maybe not like the used to but still) there is just something about CZW that doesn't work. Plus the absolute lack of buzz around the promotion can't help.
GardenStateSaint

Brada wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:
lol...good point. Let me re-phrase. At least a number of years back they had talent......Moxley, Callihan, etc...
Biff, Gulak etc.

That was easy. 8-)
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

lariat_tubman wrote:Looking over their roster page I wouldn't even say they don't have a ton of talent (maybe not like the used to but still) there is just something about CZW that doesn't work. Plus the absolute lack of buzz around the promotion can't help.
Their Best of the Best are usually worthwhile. I'm not a deathmatch guy, so I can do without all that, but a number of their matches tend to be good. But there also tend to be some godawful ones as well. As someone else mentioned, Biff, Gulak, and even some like Juicy Product and Dickenson are usually worth watching. I saw my first Team Treemendous match against Irish Airborne (or whatever they call themselves now) and enjoyed it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

This is an actual tweet regarding the CZW Show from tonight:
@CZWFans · 3h 3 hours ago
A bunch of fans just spit in Buxx [Belmar]'s hand, he drank it all, Bill Carr shoot threw up and Buxx school boyed him for the win
Brada

Post by Brada »

I wonder if the "This is wrestling" chants started after that?
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Buxx Belmar is a very interesting wrestler
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Buxx Belmar is an idiot. He deserves whatever diseases he's got coming to him.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Best of the Best roster is out now. It's the one time of the year I'm genuinely interested in a CZW card. Not as up on it as in previous years, but I'll reserve judgement until the card has come and gone. Lee, Everett. Gresham and End are the guys that catch my eye.

From Pwponderings:

2015 CZW Hall of Famer Ruckus
CZW Wired Champion Joe Gacy
‘CZW16’ Qualifying Match Winner “Speedball” Mike Bailey
‘CZW16’ Qualifying Match Winner Buxx Belmar
‘Cage of Death’ Qualifying Match Winner Jon Gresham
Tommy End
Caleb Konley
Aaron Williams
Trevor Lee
Joey Janela
Andrew Everett
Tracy Williams
Currently, two first round matches are confirmed:
Joey Janela vs. Joe Gacy vs. Ruckus
Tommy End vs. Aaron Williams vs. Caleb Konley
Tim

Post by Tim »

I saw the last show on VOD, and let me tell you, Carr wasn't the only one throwing up. That was the most repulsive thing I have ever seen in a wrestling ring.

I for one am really really looking forward to Best of the Best. Obviously Trevor, Everett, Speedball,Gresham, and End are all awesome, but there are a couple others I'm intrested in as well. I've become a big Joe Gacy fan, he has really busted his ass in the last year and is becoming a very solid worker... same with Konley. I am also pretty intrested in seeing "Hotsauce" Tracy Williams, he is a guy who is just getting his name out there, and has been in Evolve and is booked for AIW in the near future.

And Biff is not in CZW right now, I was talking to him in Reseda last month, he told me he is taking time off from CZW because he feels like he isn't respected there. Not sure if he meant by DJ or the fans, but he is definatly not over with that crowd. He hasn't wrestled there since COD.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

id speculate it was the fans since Biff was champ recently but that just a guess. i see him plenty of other places so its not a big deal to me but it sucks that guys like him,Fox,Juicy Product and Strickland arent around for the most part. those guys were a big part of what draws my interest.
GardenStateSaint

Plenty of good wrestling matches last night. Why aren't guys like End, Bailey or Gresham in ROH? :?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

End: Because he lives in Holland.