Lucha Underground thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
jordidebaas

Re: Lucha Underground thread

Post by jordidebaas »

Cage vs. Puma was a perfect example of that bad booking I referred to earlier...
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Yeah I just watched that episode now and have to agree with you on that. I was really looking forward to that match and the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I think the new belt is kick ass looking though and thought Patron/Texano was good. I confess to not seeing much of Matt Cross since his ROH run and was pleasantly surprised how much he's improved since then.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

jordidebaas wrote:Cage vs. Puma was a perfect example of that bad booking I referred to earlier...
It was good booking .Konan looks strong now!!!!W-WAIT A MINUTE, WAIT A MINUTE!!!
Prince Puma is the actual champion,a face champion who wins the belt by interference.....Way to go Konan,way to go!!!! :shock:
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Puma is just out of this world, so amazing.

Good show this week, the booking the second & last matches was meh but still great matches.
MOOSE!
Brada

Post by Brada »

Caught a couple of episodes....I think you can see the reality type flavor of Burnett....but all in all..not bad. Vampiro was better than I thought he would be...
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Wait, you don't think Vampiro is horrible?
bslythegamerguy

Post by bslythegamerguy »

While I am a die hard ROH fan and live and die by ROH being the true essence of the sport of pro wrestling, I have had the privilege of watching white a bit of Lucha Underground and I've highly enjoyed what I've seen. These guys but on great matches and everything they do feels important and well thought out. Hopefully within the next year or so they start traveling and doing house shows around the country to further promote the company as they have a true product to sell. Lucha Underground is the only other promotion I even consider watching aside from ROH and for me.....that's not something said lightly.

Lucha Underground is unique in that it's both a TV show and a wrestling promotion, which causes me to ask the question about what happens if El Rey decides to stop airing it? Personally, I think the company would be able to survive by selling tickets and touring both in Mexico and the U.S, as well as selling DVD's and iPPV's, but it's such an interesting hybrid that it scary to think about its future should TV not work out.

AAA would be wise to keep it going as it's grown quite a bit and have created a solid and dedicated group of fans. What do you guys think?

Anyhow, just re-watching Puma vs Mundo from episode 1, which was a fantastic main event. Puma had a rough start with taking some loses early on in his LU career but now I feel as if he's come into his own and has earned his Lucha Underground Championship. He's held the belt a while now and is definitely a defending champion and is quickly bringing respect to the title in such a short time, I'm hoping he continues on as champion for the foreseeable future.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Lucha Underground is safe on El Rey. The great film director Robert Rodriguez I believe not only is an executive producer on Lucha Underground, but also owns El Rey in some capacity. I enjoy the product as well despite some questionable booking decisions.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

bslythegamerguy wrote:everything they do feels important and well thought out
You really think that? These are probably the last things that would come to my mind when describing LU
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
bslythegamerguy

Post by bslythegamerguy »

I just rewatched the Pentagon/Drago/Fenix triple threat match from last October for like the 10th time and it never gets old. What a bout, truly an LU classic! Matches like this make me wonder why people watch WWE, where they don't employ "wrestlers"....they employ "superstars". Seriously, this triple threat bout was spectacular and the first LU match that really showcased what this company is all about. A solid 4 3/4 star match if I do say so myself.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I here I was thinking it was just a fun ***1/4 spotfest. The beauty of subjectivity.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

I don't care how many times they do it in LU, diving from that flat roof surface to the ring is incredible.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

The ME was amazing. The second best match in LU history right after Fenix/Mil.
MOOSE!
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

DieHard wrote:The ME was amazing. The second best match in LU history right after Fenix/Mil.
Do you mean the 3-way match or the suprise no-DQ match, or both?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

lariat_tubman wrote:
DieHard wrote:The ME was amazing. The second best match in LU history right after Fenix/Mil.
Do you mean the 3-way match or the suprise no-DQ match, or both?
Both
MOOSE!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Second season confirmed by Univision.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Are you sure? If you're referring to confirmation that came out last night that was a jump of the gun, and was a page that's been like that for ages without an update.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

What Rob said ^
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

What kind of taping schedule does LU employ? Can anyone point me to a list of taping dates and corresponding episodes for the first season?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »