Lucha Underground thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Recall

Re: Lucha Underground thread

Post by Recall »

So I finally caught the cage match and I think its a serious 4 star match. Just all-round excellence and they actually used the cage to the fullest and it made sense for the story, it wasn't just a random match that happened in a cage.
In your honour.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

So that casket match from this week......Too sweet.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are my quick star ratings for the Main Events of the last two episodes:

- Steel Cage Match - Johnny Mundo vs. King Cuerno: ****

- Graves Consequences - Mil Muertes vs. Fenix (with Catrina): ****1/2

I'd definitely agree with Recall's comments. The Steel Cage Match was a great match. Grave Consequences was just insane!! Awesome Match!! Probably the best Casket Match that's been done.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Since the two promotions are connected and I couldn't find a Triple A thread. RIP Perro Aguaio Jr.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I haven't had much time but it sounds like I've got to give this promotion a shot.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sandy Fork wrote:Since the two promotions are connected and I couldn't find a Triple A thread. RIP Perro Aguaio Jr.
I heard about this but I'm still a bit foggy on the details. What exactly happened? I heard got hurt on a 619 from Rey Mysterio?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Took a double dropkick from Rey into the ropes (set up for the 619), crushed his trachea on the rope and got whiplash which worsened it.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:Since the two promotions are connected and I couldn't find a Triple A thread. RIP Perro Aguaio Jr.
I heard about this but I'm still a bit foggy on the details. What exactly happened? I heard got hurt on a 619 from Rey Mysterio?
it was not AAA it was the Crash Lucha Libre!
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Pogo wrote:
it was not AAA it was the Crash Lucha Libre!
Never said that the match took place in AAA. But Perrito was a AAA star. No need to make a thread for Crash if this is what they are going to be famous for.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

RIP PERRITO.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Why the fuck did nobody stop that match?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

jordidebaas wrote:Why the fuck did nobody stop that match?
They were probably doing the finish when it happened. Probably thought he was fine at first so they improved it without him. It turns out he wasn't fine though.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's what Meltzer said about the incident:
Perro Aguayo Jr., one of the biggest stars in Mexican pro wrestling, shockingly passed away after a match in Tijuana last night at the age of 35.

The son of one of Mexico's all-time most charismatic performers, Aguayo Jr. had started wrestling as a teenage and became an immediate star, and was AAA's top heel performer. Aguayo Jr. was the top heel as well during CMLL's last big run in the Mistico era.

There has been footage that has surfaced leading to the death last night of Perro Aguayo Jr. in a match in Tijuana with Rey Mysterio Jr. & Extreme Tiger (Tigre Uno in TNA) vs. Manik (T.J. Perkins of TNA) & Aguayo Jr.

Aguayo Jr. had gotten back in the ring after taking a spinning head scissors where he bumped to the floor from Rey Mysterio Jr. Mysterio Jr. gave him a low dropkick to the back to set up the 619. It is not clear whether Aguayo Jr. was selling or not when he first hit the ropes to get ready for the 619. He may have already been injured falling on the ropes, or, while selling, and being positioned badly, when Manik fell into the ropes to set up a double 619 spot, that was when the ropes whiplashed him, although it was likely the first spot immediately.

Sources who were at Hospital del Prado in Tijuana have said that the initial cause of death was cervical spine trauma coming from when the ropes snapped his neck.

He was already out when Mysterio went for the 619 and Mysterio Jr. saw he was in trouble and didn't hit him. The belief was he was knocked out and they continued the match, although went right to the finish.

Konnan, at ringside, was trying to revive him and they eventually carried him out and paramedics arrived to the show, before he was rushed to the hospital.

The death will surely get significant media publicity in Mexico where he has been one of the top wrestling stars for nearly two decades, but with a lot of footage already out, it will probably get covered in the U.S. media as well. While not the same circumstances, the death is very eerily similar to that of Mitsuharu Misawa in the ring in Japan in 2009.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

dhads7161 wrote:
jordidebaas wrote:Why the fuck did nobody stop that match?
They were probably doing the finish when it happened. Probably thought he was fine at first so they improved it without him. It turns out he wasn't fine though.
If you look at the footage, you can already see TJ Perkins was looking at him before the 619, so I think he noticed something there already. Then after the 619, the referee went to check on him, and just walked away again, while the guy was obviously unconscious, or worse (as we now know, it was even worse).
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

This is sad news. My sympathies to all involved in this tragedy. It's times like this we're reminded of the fine line between safety and disaster of the sport we love.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Perro Aguayo Sr. has not been told about his son's death, because of concerns about Perro Sr's health. http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?stor ... op&cc=5200
Oh man
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So this happened at tonight's Jersey All Pro Wrestling (JAPW) Show tonight...
@voiceswrestling · 46m 46 minutes ago
Jersey All Pro:"Chris Dickinson interrupted a 10 bell salute for Perro. He said, “disrespect is my middle name”

ffs. Where do I even start?
Would it be fair to say that Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic has already been wrapped up for this year? But seriously, what a classless move.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Are you kidding me? There's a million ways to get heat. That was a bullshit, low class Russo tactic. It was completely brainless.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Apparently he came out after the salute so that's not as bad IMO.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

And people want Dickinson in ROH....