The Wrestle-1 Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Re: The Wrestle-1 Thread

Post by Chris20000 »

jordidebaas wrote:Maybe people would respect your opinions if you would stop presenting them as facts and shoving them in everybody´s faces every single time you get the opportunity.
I don't think I have presented them as facts, too me they are factual but I didn' say, Oh this is fact
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Not saying that something is a fact is not the same as not presenting something as a fact. You think the things you say are facts, and you notice. If you'd just tell us once that you don't like certain guys, and you do like other ones, fine, but your overly repeating of who does this to much, who doesn't do this enough, presenting those opinions as facts, and not accepting the fact that anybody has an other opinion about it, that is why people dislike you.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

jordidebaas wrote:Not saying that something is a fact is not the same as not presenting something as a fact. You think the things you say are facts, and you notice. If you'd just tell us once that you don't like certain guys, and you do like other ones, fine, but your overly repeating of who does this to much, who doesn't do this enough, presenting those opinions as facts, and not accepting the fact that anybody has an other opinion about it, that is why people dislike you.
Let's get back to Wrestle 1, we can debate that other team another time and my lack of respecting ppls views according to you and others.

When comes to Wrestle 1, I see Muta, a guy who knows the industry, he has talented guys like Sanada to come back.

Sanada is a really good wrestler. He is small, but he is classy, I liked the blue attire he had in TNA, like a cosplay outfit. Yes make wrestlers look different.

Look at the difference it made to that bland dude Balor from NXT, his entrance and makeup he had on, made the difference.

People wanna see larger than life characters. Ryota Hama, again, what more can I say, #legit beast

Wrestle 1 isn't just about gymnastics, its about giving bigger guys a chance, storytelling.

And that is why I am behind it
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Wrestle-1, aside from Dragon Gate, is the promotion in the US where the juniors are the highest up the card. So out of NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Zero1, W-1 and BJW, it's the least about "giving bigger guys a chance". Nice try though.

Oh, and Devitt being bland :D
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

Chris20000 wrote: Sanada is a really good wrestler. He is small, but he is classy, I liked the blue attire he had in TNA, like a cosplay outfit. Yes make wrestlers look different.

Look at the difference it made to that bland dude Balor from NXT
Jesus Christ, Seiya Sanada is 6 foot, 220 lbs. for God's sake.

Also...
Congratulations on being the first dude on the planet to label Prince Devitt as "bland".
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

K.O. wrote:
Chris20000 wrote: Sanada is a really good wrestler. He is small, but he is classy, I liked the blue attire he had in TNA, like a cosplay outfit. Yes make wrestlers look different.

Look at the difference it made to that bland dude Balor from NXT
Jesus Christ, Seiya Sanada is 6 foot, 220 lbs. for God's sake.

Also...
Congratulations on being the first dude on the planet to label Prince Devitt as "bland".
When I say big I mean big, big dudes with muscles man, ass-kickers.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I sort of, in a perverse sense. Wish that Chris was still around so I could see his reaction to Hama being jobbed out like a geek to Hideki Suzuki in a less than ten minute long title match.

But I'm not that cruel to this forum.

Hideki has zero fucks to give about the W-1 roster. What a fucking ace
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

New Wrestle-1 CEO is
Sanshiro Takagi
Big Boss of DDT.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

That Takagi as the new CEO is definitely a weird one.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Mutoh is a savvy businessman if anything. Let's see how much money/press he gets out of this.

Meanwhile:
LOOK AT THIS MID CARD GEEK!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From The Wrestling Observer:
Wrestle-1, the Japanese promotion owned by Keiji Muto and now run by Sanshiro Takagi, is doing a five date East Coast tour late this months with APWA out of West Virginia.

We had reported a few months ago on the tour but they officially announced these dates today:

6/23 in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena

6/25 in Belle Vernon, PA at the Rostraver Ice Arena

6/26 in Parkersburg, WV

6/27 in Shelby, NC at the site of the old Crockett TV tapings

6/28 in Atlanta

Tickets go on sale at the 2300 Arena tomorrow (Monday) for the first show.
There you have it! Wrestle-1 is coming to America.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

well hell, I'll give the rostraver show a try. Not like I'm not familiar with the area. :)

EDIT: So they are calling it the 'American Pro wrestling Alliance' on the Rostraver oage. Also They say TNA will be having a show there Sept 19 as well.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Takagi already hard at work.

Suzuki coming to the states :D

Suzuki vs Busick or Gulak pls
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

He's getting around of late: from the APWA (promotion working with World -1 in the US) facebook page
Just added to all 5 events, AAA Lucha Libre Bronze Medal Winner as he returns to the APWA, member of Mass Destruction and Former Atlanta Falcon for the NFL Moose!!!!!!
Also it seems like Minoru Tanaka and Masayuki Kono are coming over. Actually interested in seeing Tanaka as I was a fan of his in his prime.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Glad to see Moose getting work different places. He's slowly becoming more well rounded and working different promotions will only help him develop. Good thing he just recently signed a new ROH deal so we as Ring of Honor fans get to reap the benefits awhile longer at least.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Some notes on the Rostraver show:

If you want to meet Muta, Kevin Sullivan, Barbarian, and Funaki as well as the rest of the roster it is $100. For the $100 you get a general admission ticket, poster, 2 items of your choosing signed, pictures with the roster, and a digital download.

Or you can pay $50 and get a GA ticket, poster, digital download, and autographs from everyone but Muta, Sullivan, Barbarian, and Funaki.

Otherwise tickets are $15 rows 2-4

or $10 for GA.

I will be checking this out. Sad that you only get GA tickets for the $100 but a chance to meet Muta is priceless. Sucks that 0 matches have been announced as of yet too.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BigTChamp wrote:Glad to see Moose getting work different places. He's slowly becoming more well rounded and working different promotions will only help him develop. Good thing he just recently signed a new ROH deal so we as Ring of Honor fans get to reap the benefits awhile longer at least.
Wait, Moose is booked for this tour?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Wait, Moose is booked for this tour?
Yep, he's being billed as an ROH/AAA/DGUSA star and they even mention his bronze medal status from that tournament he did in Mexico.

Since I couldn't make the NJPW Philly show (originally couldn't get the day off, but got a GI bug anyway so would have missed it no matter what), I'll have to settle for this. It's a lot closer, at least, and it's still a bunch of guys I'd like to see live even if they are past their prime.

No, I didn't mean Kevin Sullivan.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently all five shows on this tour will be available on iPPV via Go Fight Live.

DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Well, all 5 shows just got cancelled. I was really looking forward to it, too. I have had the worst luck when it comes to seeing Japanese stars on US soil.

https://www.facebook.com/apwawrestling