The Wrestle-1 Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
BrandenScott

Re: The Wrestle-1 Thread

Post by BrandenScott »

I had a feeling this would happen. Don West is known for not paying talent and/or venues. If you research this he actually didn't pay for the Atlanta venue and was scrambling to find another place to run. I had 9 people I was going to bring to this show all paying $100 and I told them we should hold off because the guy is a known scam artist. I hated being right on this one as I would have loved to see Muta and the rest of the talent live.

DB I am not sure if you knew or not but in August at Consol Stadium they are having a show with Samoa Joe, Jake the Snake, Mickie James, Snuka, Shane Douglas, Rhyno, and Too Cool. Interesting to say the least. It is being booked by Matthew Justice.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Masakatsu Funaki is leaving W-1 to work as a freelancer.
And TAJIRI is going to work part time going forward as he will be working abroad outside of wrestling.
EmptyCity

Post by EmptyCity »

Had to respond to this post. I'm from West Virginia and Don West is a shit money mark promoter. He has the reputation of paying talent w/ pharmaceuticals. As soon as I heard APWA had booked a tour with wrestle1 I was bemused. Every show APWA runs is about don west and or his wife. They have absolutely no homegrown talent. I couldn't figure out how or why Muta would book a show with this awful promotion. I once saw Johnny Gargano wrestle for APWA and he wasn't even on the advertised card. Despite Gargano injuring his neck and opening the show, he had the match of the night. Anyways Don West is a worthless "promoter" . He books terrible shows that the locals will pay to see because he manages to book a mid card TNA talent or a former WWE wrester. You get your typical main event that lasts 10 minutes with 5 minutes of the heel doing laps around the ring running from the face. Simply put fuck that guy. He's a dirt bag and a shitty promoter. This place use to be some what of a wrestling hot bed and now we are left with Don West-esque promoters and Billy Gunn/Kip James main eventing shows.