The WWE Network Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
boourns

Re: The WWE Network Thread

Post by boourns »

The Daniel Bryan Road to Wrestlemania special was pretty cool. Some ROH stuff mixed in, and pretty much all new interviews with Bryan, Brie, Rollins, Cesaro, Cena, Austin and others. Just a really great special that makes you love Bryan even more.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

But WWE is where wrestlers go to kill their souls, brother.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Sting showed up on the Ultimate Warrior Special on the WWE Network tonight. Guess this means he's indeed signed to WWE in some form.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Clashes are being posted.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Clashes are being posted.
Which Clashes are "the ones" to watch?
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

The first Clash of Champions was awesome. Watch it if you haven't. It happened on the same night as wrestlemania 4 and most wrestling fans will tell you that the Clash was the much better show.

I'm not feeling Legends House like I thought I would.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Every Clash is available.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

First Clash was indeed the best, and even better if yo got to see the build for it. ^_^ Not all of the Clashes were great, but they always had some good matches on them (later on they would have some squash introductions and filler matches as well) The matches I remember off the top of my head Clash in the spring of 89, Steamboat Flair 2/3 fall was a great one, though long, as you might expect.

Off the top of my head, these still stuck with me.

Clash Champions IV , Fall Brawl or Seasons Beatings with the Midnight Express vs Flair and Windham, suprisingly enjoyable Fantastics vs Eddie Gilbert and Ron Simmons US TT final, Dusty going crazy on Road Warrior Animal as a build into Starrcade.

Clash from 6/92 first round of the NWA Tag Team Tournament with : Steiners vs. Dr Death and Gordy, Liger/Pillman vs. Benoit/Wellington in a show stealer, Steamboat/Koholff vs. Dean and Joe Malenko, Hace and Nogomi, Rude/Austin, Windham Rhodes, etc. Lot of star power and I think Arn pulled double duty as a masked Headhunter in one of the matches.

Clash XV Steiners vs. Chono & Hase for the IWGP Tag Titles. Chono kicked Rick Steiner hard enough in the head to break his headgear. Also Scott was still real mobile back then.

Bah, got to cut it short. I have an old listing of the matches and can recommend others later.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I love Clash of Champions. So glad they put them on there. I've been a fan of Paul Heyman ever since the Paul E Dangerously days and he is on a lot of these shows from the late 80s-early 90s.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Just got the Network. It seems awesome. Only negative is my disappointment in what seems like a severe lack of NWA stuff. I'm guessing they'll put it up eventually though.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

supersonic wrote:Every Clash is available.
I haven't checked all of them but a lot of the original entrance themes are still there.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Anyone else still having issues with buffering and errors while trying to watch the old PPV archives? It's not a huge issue like it was around launch time, just enough to be annoying. I know it's not my connection because newer Network stuff and my other streaming services work just fine.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

BigTChamp wrote:Anyone else still having issues with buffering and errors while trying to watch the old PPV archives? It's not a huge issue like it was around launch time, just enough to be annoying. I know it's not my connection because newer Network stuff and my other streaming services work just fine.
I have some problems when I use my laptop, but my PS3 is flawless.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

After I cancelled my cable, I made the choice to subscribe to the WWE Network. While watching Raw, NXT, and Smackdown, are factors in this decision, it was more the ability to watch Ye Olde WWF/E pay-per-views. The first PPV I ever bought was Summerslam 1996, so I was 11. At 29, nostalgia has become a big deal for me, especially after my grandmother passed away earlier this year (genuinely not seeking sympathy).

So, the first thing I watch is the event my grandmother took me to: Royal Rumble 1997. I had only seen it twice - live, at the Alamodome, and on a rented VHS - so this seemed like the go-to choice.

With the benefit of hindsight, I was struck by how WWF was inching ever closer to the Attitude Era, and Bret Hart's slow burning heel turn that would culminate in the reformation of the anti-American Hart Foundation.

Aside: When my grandmother used to take her sons to wrestling shows in San Antonio (that usually featured Jose Lothario), there was an attendee at these events: an elderly woman named "Hatpin Hatty," who used to stab all the bad guys with her hatpin. (No word on if she was a stunt-granny or not.)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Watching the Monday Night War documentaries has made me realize what the perfect American scene would be:

WWE vs. WCW for supremacy and very, very rarely doing business together

ECW vs. ROH as #3 and battling as "king of the indies" including the greatest interpromotional feud ever
boourns

Post by boourns »

Anyone know how soon NXT Takeover will be viewable on the network after the live show? Is there usually a day or two waiting period?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I think it's usually immediate.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The first replay airs at 11:00 PM tonight.
boourns

Post by boourns »

I have been enjoying the Monday Night Wars show, but I didn't like the Bret Hart one that much. They focused so much on his feud with HBK, they left out a lot of the things that he did to help usher in the attitude Era. His early flip out on Vince from Feb 1997, his Austin match at WM 13, the Austin/Hart ambulance fight which was the first of its kind on RAW and a few other things. I also don't think Bret would have had a hard time transitioning to the attitude era.