The WWE Network Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
jordidebaas

Re: The WWE Network Thread

Post by jordidebaas »

Hulu isn´t available in Europe, but just google it and you´ll find a site with streams/replays
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
SM22

Post by SM22 »

The stream seems to work on my desktop, minus some occasional buffering, but I have a bigger issue with my laptop. Right now, I can only watch the live programming on my laptop. If I watch any on demand footage, the 5 second rating clip plays, than the grey box pictured below pops up on my screen. After I click "Dismiss All", I just see a black screen that continuously buffers. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? Do I need to update my Flash Player? I'm not very tech savvy, and would appreciate any help. Thanks!
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

You tried continue? Otherwise trying another browser might always help too, though I wouldn't count on it this time.
SM22

Post by SM22 »

When I pressed "continue", the box would go away, and come back up. I think the problem is fine now. I don't know what happened, but I just clicked on 3 different PPV's, and I got picture, and sound for all 3. I'm going to watch a complete one now, and see how it plays.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Mine is working, with interruptions, on my computer. However, when I attempt to log into the app for both Xbox and Android it won't take my username or password.. which I double and triple checked and verified was still working on the website itself. Apparently I'm not the only one with XBox sign in issues either
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think I figured out my issue. For Apple Laptops, the WWE Network requires 10.7 or higher. My laptop is 10.6 (It's an older laptop). I went to one of the many computers labs on my college's campus and used one of the Mac Desktop Computers and it worked flawlessly. It also works on my iPhone, but only for live-streaming shows (Can't watch PPV's for some reason).
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Anyone know if NXT is still going to be put up on Hulu (the free version) a week after it airs like it is right now? Or is NXT now a Network exclusive?
JSP

Post by JSP »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think I figured out my issue. For Apple Laptops, the WWE Network requires 10.7 or higher. My laptop is 10.6 (It's an older laptop). I went to one of the many computers labs on my college's campus and used one of the Mac Desktop Computers and it worked flawlessly. It also works on my iPhone, but only for live-streaming shows (Can't watch PPV's for some reason).
Pretty sure that's the way it is on a phone for everybody. Not entirely sure but I've heard that other places as well.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JSP wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think I figured out my issue. For Apple Laptops, the WWE Network requires 10.7 or higher. My laptop is 10.6 (It's an older laptop). I went to one of the many computers labs on my college's campus and used one of the Mac Desktop Computers and it worked flawlessly. It also works on my iPhone, but only for live-streaming shows (Can't watch PPV's for some reason).
Pretty sure that's the way it is on a phone for everybody. Not entirely sure but I've heard that other places as well.
Actually just checked now and streaming PPV's on my iPhone works now!! Just clicked a few random shows and it's working well!
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Anyone know if NXT is still going to be put up on Hulu (the free version) a week after it airs like it is right now? Or is NXT now a Network exclusive?
I think this last episode before NXT ArRIVAL is the very last to be uploaded to Hulu, but don't quote me on that. I'm more excited for that show than Wrestlemania so far.

Just got done watching WCW Wrestlewar '89. Was the first full VOD show that I've been able to watch. Might watch Capital Combat next to gawk at Robocop [cornette].

Anyone know if there is a way to search all PPVs for a company, chronologically? I know I can search Bash at the Beach from first to last, but not found a way yet to search the entire library of PPVs.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JSP wrote:People think Wrestlewar is the best. Chi-Town had a screwy finish. Wrestlewar was clean as a whistle.
Nah, Chi-town was better (Actually the 2/3 fall Clash of Champions VI match they had in between the PPVs was the best) Not a single move felt like it was wasted in the entire thing, and the entire build was as perfectly done as possible. It wasn't even that long, but it was that good. Still, you can't go wrong with them any of Flair Steamboat matches, but there was a *lot* of blase matches on the Music City one. Chi-Town cadrdwas all around better

My personal choices were:

Great American Bash 92: The NWA Tag Team Tournament was great. Liger and Pillman, Doc and Gordy, Windham and Dustin Rhodes, Rude and Austin, even a young Hashimoto and Hase were in it. Vader and Sting for the belt as well. No real duds to speak of.

Halloween Havoc 89: Lot of tag teams in their prime, and highlighted by Flair Sting vs Muta Funk in a cage

Halloween Havoc 92: Steamboat Pillman nearly stole the show for me. Also had Rude and Chono, A rare team up of Steve Austin and Dr Death against Windham and Dustin Rhodes and a good 6 man with a returning Shane Douglas.

Anything with a Wargames match, the earlier the better. Watching the Bash 89, with Doc gorilla pressing Gordy into the top of the cage 7 times is still the most impressive feat of strength I've ever seen

Starcade 87, even the opener with a young Sting in a 6 man was good. Terry Taylor when he wasn't a joke, And Lex got Dusty, so it was about the heat and not the technical aspects ^_^

Starcade 89 had a round robin with Flair, Muta, Sting, and Luger, and a tag team one with at the time a rare Steiners vs Warrior, as well as the SST and Doom

Starcade 92, an all around good card and a superior, smaller version of the Lethal Lottery. Chono and Muta have a singles match for the NWA title on it as a bonus. and Pillman and Windham were a surprisingly good tag team.

There are others, but those were part of the glory days between both older guys and newer ones that went on to be bigger stars
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

DBSommer wrote:
JSP wrote:People think Wrestlewar is the best. Chi-Town had a screwy finish. Wrestlewar was clean as a whistle.
Nah, Chi-town was better (Actually the 2/3 fall Clash of Champions VI match they had in between the PPVs was the best) Not a single move felt like it was wasted in the entire thing, and the entire build was as perfectly done as possible. It wasn't even that long, but it was that good. Still, you can't go wrong with them any of Flair Steamboat matches, but there was a *lot* of blase matches on the Music City one. Chi-Town cadrdwas all around better ...
The Music City Wrestlewar ('89) is indeed kinda a dud except for Flair vs. Steamboat, which while a tad long, is still an absolutely classic encounter. This show also promises us JYD vs. Muta (which I would have loved to have seen) and a hair vs. hair match, neither of which take place.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Tenryu's Perm wrote:
The Music City Wrestlewar ('89) is indeed kinda a dud except for Flair vs. Steamboat, which while a tad long, is still an absolutely classic encounter. This show also promises us JYD vs. Muta (which I would have loved to have seen) and a hair vs. hair match, neither of which take place.
Having been around then, the one thing I remembered about the PPVs was they were determined to have a *everyone* they could fit on the card, which made for some random matches, though many of them were short. They had Tommy Rich vs. Harley Race once and it wasn't built as a 'Legends' match. :) Race wasn't even wrestling then.

I forgot to add, any match with the Midnight Express is worth watching. They had some classics all the way up to the end of the team, especially with Pillman and Z-Man, and Douglas and Ace. You don't have to watch an entire card to see the good stuff, after all.
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

DBSommer wrote:
Tenryu's Perm wrote:
Having been around then, the one thing I remembered about the PPVs was they were determined to have a *everyone* they could fit on the card, which made for some random matches, though many of them were short. They had Tommy Rich vs. Harley Race once and it wasn't built as a 'Legends' match. :) Race wasn't even wrestling then.

I forgot to add, any match with the Midnight Express is worth watching. They had some classics all the way up to the end of the team, especially with Pillman and Z-Man, and Douglas and Ace. You don't have to watch an entire card to see the good stuff, after all.
I didn't get into WCW until around '97 or so, so I have a ton of great stuff to catch up on! But I love watching the entire card for older shows. The atmosphere and crowds alone are usually worth the time, and I love classic encounters almost as much as crapfests, so it's fun to see what worked and what didn't :D

Had I just watched Flair/Steamboat from Wrestlewar '89 I would have missed the 2 minute classic TV Title bout between Sting and Sheiky Baby. Also, the post match beatdown after Flair vs. Steamboat is definitely worth watching. Terry Funk is incredible. And Dick Murdoch vs. Bob Orton Jr. is supremely entertaining, in a trainwreck sorta way [cornette]
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So who else is excited for NXT ArRival live tonight on the WWE Network? Really excited to see the Adrian Neville/Bo Dallas Ladder Match. Cesaro/Zayn should be fantastic as well.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hate you all because you can watch it and i don´t :lol: enjoy the show!
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Cesaro/Zayn MOTYC. Guaranteeing it will be better than their first, as they'll get more time.
Paige/Emma will be great. Expecting a big spot in this one.
Neville/Bo is a bust if Neville doesn't do the Red Arrow off the ladder.

BIG CASS AND ENZO ARE CONFIRMED!
GIMME BREEZE AND THE ARTIST AND THIS IS SHOW OF THE YEAR
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

187_Joeism wrote:I hate you all because you can watch it and i don´t :lol: enjoy the show!
Just watch it somewhere online.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Anyone else having trouble watching NXT arrival?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Tenryu's Perm wrote:
Had I just watched Flair/Steamboat from Wrestlewar '89 I would have missed the 2 minute classic TV Title bout between Sting and Sheiky Baby. Also, the post match beatdown after Flair vs. Steamboat is definitely worth watching. Terry Funk is incredible. And Dick Murdoch vs. Bob Orton Jr. is supremely entertaining, in a trainwreck sorta way [cornette]
They actually built those two crap matches you mentioned, BTW. Though Murdock was out the door shortly thereafter (maybe it was a last gasp to see if they could put him over), and Orton was around for like a total of 3 months. The Shiek got a big to do when he popped up, which was why it shocking he was put down so quickly. He then petered out after an abortive attempt to make him, Ron Simmons, and the Cuban Assassin into a stable on TV. Eventually they worked the turned Simmons into a tag team under a mask as Doom, which did work, so it wasn't all for nothing.

And yes, Funk was gold then.