New Jarrett promotion?

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Thelone

Re: New Jarrett promotion?

Post by Thelone »

Can't wait for Jarrett to beat Magnus (or whatever his real name is) on a random indy show because he's leaving for NXT or TNA.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

GFW has announced their first shows of 2016, which are taking place this January in New York & New Jersey. Specifically, they are running the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York on January 22nd & a joint-show with Pro-Wrestling Syndicate (PWS) on January 23rd at the Rahway Rec Center in Rahway, New Jersey, which will feature a number of GFW vs. PWS matches. Announced so far are Bobby Roode, GFW NEX*GEN Champion Sonjay Dutt (who won the title from PJ Black at a recent WrestleCade show, because PJ Black is apparently now signed to Lucha Underground), Jeff Jarrett & Karen Jarrett. Brian Myers & Colt Cabana were also featured on the announcement graphic, so I assume those two will be on these shows also.

The dates are interesting because Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows are working the ROH shows that weekend, and they were a big part of a lot of GFW's ballpark shows this past year. I guess ROH booked them first.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

id consider going to the Poughkeepsie, New York show if it wasnt a ticketmaster venue.
Last edited by dark patriot on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Spoiler: show
Kevin Kross is also in LU(Powerhouse with MMA experience,)
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

So GFW co-promoted a show with PWS last night in Rahway , NJ . Well it not PWS anymore , now it is Wrestlepro . I can not find any results and /or attendance numbers for this show.

It reality it looks to be a Pat Buck show. Buck just booked Jarrett and his old lady plus , Mickie James , Nick Aldis and Sonjay Dutt. They also booked free agents Pepper Parks and Cliff Compton to fill the GFW roster .
The PWS/ Wrestlepro promotion have a more impressive list of talent than Jarrett.

Also the show was not filmed for DVD and/or VOD release. So no one will ever know anything that happen last night. I am guessing that GFW is really just the Jarretts , James , Aldis and Dutt using this GFW gimmick to get indy booking around the world. There is no footage available to watch and no TV deal appears to be on the horizon.

If nothing changes , Dutt , Aldis and James will grab the first life line available . Then GFW will be just the Jarretts and their pipe dream . Am I right or wrong ?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I am shocked GFW is even still acknowledged.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Yeah I don't see why anyone cares anymore.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

GFW is partnering with a company called TNT Pro to run a show in Tennessee on March 11th.

https://twitter.com/triedntruepro

Rebel,James Storm,Magnus,Gunner,Samuel Shaw,Crimson and Jocephus Brody.Only one of the 4 champions.....
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

They just randomly started following me on Twitter, and that lead to me finding out they're going to be touring the UK the first weekend of March
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Every GFW title is on a former RKK/TNA employee at this point and the stuff they taped months ago is horribly outdated already. I can't imagine a guy like Magnus staying for much longer if nothing is moving forward and the others are Jarrett's lackeys and/or off the radar so they're not going anywhere.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I am shocked GFW is even still acknowledged.
I just find the whole GFW deal to very entertaining. GFW has no one under contract , no TV deal , no DVDs , no VOD service , no IPPv's , no PPV's and they do not even promote there own house shows. In reality, GFE has a website that sells a few gimmicks and has held 4 TV tapings that are not available for fans to watch.

However , Jarrett is going around the world getting indies to co -promote shows with GFW . GFW is only providing 5 or 6 talents for these co -promotions. Somehow Jarrett is taking his failed pipe dream and using it to secure bookings. The whole thing is both sad and brilliant at the same time.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I agree with everything you said. Jarrett is a complete mark for himself. My God, in TNA his best of DVD was 5 discs for fuck's sake.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I agree with everything you said. Jarrett is a complete mark for himself. My God, in TNA his best of DVD was 5 discs for fuck's sake.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently Christina Von Eerie is selling the GFW Women's Title on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121894134132
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Who the fuck is going to blow 2K for such a prestigious piece of shit ?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Well, she's not selling it herself, but I guess that might be even more telling
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crJTPND_Ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTVjZztpGok

Nex*Gen & Women's Title belts are changed with new versions.They are selling the old ones....
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's the list of upcoming GFW shows:

- April 8th, 2016 - Clarksville, Tennessee (partnered with Tried-N-True Pro Wrestling)
- April 22nd, 2016 - Hamburg, Germany (partnered with wXw)
- April 23rd, 2016 - Oberhausen, Germany (partnered with wXw)
- May 13th, 2016 - Joppa, Maryland (partnered with Maryland Championship Wrestling)
- May 14th, 2016 - Penn Laird, Virginia (with NOVA Pro Wrestling)
- May 15th, 2016 - Hickory, North Carolina (with AML Wrestling)
- June 3rd, 2016 - McKeesport, Pennsylvania (with Pro Wrestling Express & RWA Pro)
- June 4th, 2016 - Scranton, Pennsylvania (with Grand Slam Wrestling)
- July 1st, 2016 - Marion, Illinois

I find it fascinating that GFW is running Scranton, which is basically my backyard.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

thanks for the list,at least they are trying to stay a little bit relevant
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Mike0284 wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I agree with everything you said. Jarrett is a complete mark for himself. My God, in TNA his best of DVD was 5 discs for fuck's sake.
Dude, just look at the merchandise page on the GFW website. It's all either shirts with the GFW logo or autographed photos of Jeff & Karen Jarrett.

Disgusting.