New Jarrett promotion?

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: New Jarrett promotion?

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So GFW used a four-sided ring tonight.

Also, this happened...

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Game changed.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Went to the WI show. A lot of the roster seemed to be phoning it in. It was a fun show, but should have been much better given the talent involved. Baseball stadium set-up obviously didn't help at all, but that is what it is.
Even though it was a GFW show, I was still surprised at the amount of people that legitimately seemed to be huge Jeff Jarrett fans.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

supersonic wrote:Game changed.
Jeff Jarrett vs Eric Young will draw all the money.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Went to the WI show. A lot of the roster seemed to be phoning it in. It was a fun show, but should have been much better given the talent involved. Baseball stadium set-up obviously didn't help at all, but that is what it is.
Even though it was a GFW show, I was still surprised at the amount of people that legitimately seemed to be huge Jeff Jarrett fans.
How was the attendance for the show?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

It was hard to tell because everyone was so spread out; I didn't try counting. I went with my cousin who used to work there for the baseball games and he thought it was just shy of 1000 based on the parking lot, though personally I think that estimate is a little high.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Global Force Wrestling announced today that they will have four different championships and that tournaments for all four titles will begin at the 7/24 tapings in Las Vegas at the Orleans Arena.

The main singles title will be the GFW Global championship, where TNA's Bobby Roode has been announced as one of the competitors.

A secondary singles title will be caleld the NEX GEN title, which will be a title for younger wrestlers on the way up. It's takeoff on the X Division title which his father named for TNA, but without copying the terminology.

There will also be a tag team title and a women's title tournament.

The release indicated the tournaments would begin at the first tapings, but didn't announce when they would conclude, past announcing follow-up dates on 8/21 and 10/23 in the same arena for TV tapings.

At this point, there has been no announcement of a television deal or where these tapings would land.
Remember when ROH hot-shotted the ROH Title, Tag Titles, and Pure Title all in one swoop?

Oh wait, that's a TNA move.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

GFW have announced their four titles, which will be the GFW Global Title, GFW Women's Title, GFW Tag Team Titles & GFW NEX*GEN Title.

Here's the full set of matches for the first Amped TV Tapings next weekend:

- GFW Global Title Tournament - Brian Myers vs. Chris Mortedzky (Chris Masters)
- GFW Global Title Tournament - Bobby Roode vs. TBA
- GFW Global Title Tournament - Nick "Magnus" Aldis vs. Kongo Kong
- GFW Tag Team Title Tournament - Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA vs. Reno SCUM
- GFW NEX*GEN Title Tournament - "Darewolf" PJ Black vs. Seiya Sanada
- GFW NEX*GEN Title Tournament - Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt
- GFW Women's Title Tournament - Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei'D Tapa
- Six-Way Match - Bestia 666 vs. Blood Eagle vs. Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star vs. Zokre vs. Misterioso Jr.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Reno Scum vs. Sabin & KUSHIDA (Motor City Splitters?)

I have trouble hating Jeff Jarrett right now.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I have a few questions that hopefully someone will answer.

1. Is Chris Sabin still hurt ? If not is he working for ROH or Jarrett ?

2. This NEX * GEN belt is for newcomers ? Well Jigsaw and Sonjay Dutt have been working for over ten years and PJ Black is just coming off a WWE run. These guys are not up and coming stars , they been around for a while. You would think that people like Trevor Lee, Tracy Williams, Conner Claxton and David Starr would be in this division , not seasoned mid-card workers .

Otherwise I am glad to see talent like the Reno Scum and Jigsaw get booked by Jarrett . There is a lot of talent out there that just deserves a break.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Memphis Mark wrote:I have a few questions that hopefully someone will answer.

2. This NEX * GEN belt is for newcomers ? Well Jigsaw and Sonjay Dutt have been working for over ten years and PJ Black is just coming off a WWE run. These guys are not up and coming stars , they been around for a while. You would think that people like Trevor Lee, Tracy Williams, Conner Claxton and David Starr would be in this division , not seasoned mid-card workers .
The Nex Gen title is Jarrett's idea of the X Division. Nothing more. The name means nothing.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The NEX * GEN maybe is cruseweith/X division belt with a name who sound like NXT(Jarett is gona make the actually belt look 50% 1st TNA X division -50% NXT Heavyweight Championship)....
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Jarrett is just going to buy the TNA belts off of Dixie once TNA tanks and say the X in X division stands for NEX
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From the TV Tapings last night. Looks like they didn't use the full venue (see the 2nd photo).

Keith_from_MN

Post by Keith_from_MN »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:From the TV Tapings last night. Looks like they didn't use the full venue (see the 2nd photo).

Seems like a pretty big crowd even if they had to block off part of the building. Did they actually sell tickets for this show or was it mostly papered?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Keith_from_MN wrote: Seems like a pretty big crowd even if they had to block off part of the building. Did they actually sell tickets for this show or was it mostly papered?
I'm guessing they may have, since this show had been advertised for months (I saw someone on Twitter mention that they saw a big billboard in the Las Vegas area advertising the show), but I'm sure someone like Meltzer will have the full details at some point.

Regardless, still a really good crowd for their first TV Taping (still no TV Deal by the way...).
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

It was a pretty strong show all around. Kushida vs. Virgil Flynn was match of the night.

I paid, if a discounted ticket from the FSW promoter who helped Jarrett with the show counts.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Andrew Everett & Trevor Lee have been added to GFW's UK Tour at the end of October.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I'm having a hard time getting into this promotion for one reason and one reason alone. Jeff Jarrett's self gratifying insertion into the Bullet Club. Completely unnecessary and fucking stupid.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I'm having a hard time getting into this promotion for one reason and one reason alone. Jeff Jarrett's self gratifying insertion into the Bullet Club. Completely unnecessary and fucking stupid.

I agree with you . I am not getting into this promotion. This GWF looks to be a vehicle for Karen Jarrett to become a TV star. The GFW wrestlers seemed to supporting characters for the Jaretts. Wrestling does not need another Dixie Carter or Vince Russo type trying to be the star of a reality series . The fans just want to watch good wrestling not see Karen Jarrett or Dixie Carter on the TV screen