New Jarrett promotion?

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
ADouble

New Jarrett promotion?

Post by ADouble »

Anyone been hearing this rumor going around about Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett supposedly setting up a new promotion to air on CMT? Even Meltzer started mentioning it finally, and he's been vague about this rumor for a month now. I guess the two things you need to start up is money and TV time, and if Toby Keith is on board, you'd think they'd have both of them with his net worth and connections at CMT.

Probably going to fade out like every new big shot organization, but worth a discussion. Jarrett re-signing from TNA is a strong hint he's up to something.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: New Jarrett promotion?

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Heard that Toby Keith was a key player in one of the groups that was in the lead to buy TNA. This is the first time I'm hearing of this particular rumor. I wonder how they'd get that to work exactly, if true. Is it a whole new promotion, or are they taking an existing one & rebranding? Where do they get the talent from?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Heard that Toby Keith was a key player in one of the groups that was in the lead to buy TNA. This is the first time I'm hearing of this particular rumor. I wonder how they'd get that to work exactly, if true. Is it a whole new promotion, or are they taking an existing one & rebranding? Where do they get the talent from?
I'm hoping it's just a new promotion, and the roster includes mainly southern type wrestlers, and they tour in the south.

I would love to see a 4th major promotion in wrestling. I really hope this comes to fruition and actually happens. What would CMT have to lose?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

TYFDK wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Heard that Toby Keith was a key player in one of the groups that was in the lead to buy TNA. This is the first time I'm hearing of this particular rumor. I wonder how they'd get that to work exactly, if true. Is it a whole new promotion, or are they taking an existing one & rebranding? Where do they get the talent from?
I'm hoping it's just a new promotion, and the roster includes mainly southern type wrestlers, and they tour in the south.

I would love to see a 4th major promotion in wrestling. I really hope this comes to fruition and actually happens. What would CMT have to lose?
They could bring Hermie Sadler in as well. :)
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Where do they get the talent from?
I imagine it would look similar to the roster from that Ring Ka King group Jarrett started. TNA tried to spin it like they had something to do with it, but it was a Jarrett venture. They just used some TNA midcard talent. Unlike TNA, they'd have the money to sign ex-WWE wrestlers. So something along the lines of the type of workers Tommy Dreamer uses. MVP, Luke Gallows, Carlito, John Morrison, Chris Masters. People like that. Maybe the reason AJ Styles suddenly stopped talking to TNA was because Jarrett had resigned from TNA a few days before. Jarrett has strong ties with AAA, the UK and Mutoh's group, so he'd be able to set up talent agreements.

And looking at how many people TNA have let go this last year, maybe guys like Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode wouldn't be sticking around TNA if there was another group willing to give them enough leverage. Guys like Joe, Storm and Roode as so desperate for a change of scene.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

Seems to be moving along.
During last night’s MLW podcast, Konnan spoke about a recent conversation that he had with Jeff Jarrett. Konnan said that they discussed Jarrett’s TNA departure, and that Jarrett said TNA was in bad shape and that he doesn’t care if it makes it out of the year.

Konnan then stated that Jarrett told him he will be making a big announcement this week regarding a new project, and that it’s likely to be a new wrestling promotion with partner Toby Keith. Keith was one of the names rumored to be interested in purchasing TNA.

This has led to rumors that Jim Ross may be involved. Last week, Ross noted that he had a meeting with a “major sports concern.” To further fuel rumors regarding Ross was the following Twitter post…

“@Judge1979: @JRsBBQ Meeting with Toby Keith eh? Maybe him and @JeffJarrettTNA have an offer you can't refuse? #conspiracytheory” Hmm.

— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) January 1, 2014
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Hope it works out for them if they decide to do it. Another place for wrestlers to make money and hopefully get exposure at some point would be great.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ADouble wrote: I imagine it would look similar to the roster from that Ring Ka King group Jarrett started. TNA tried to spin it like they had something to do with it, but it was a Jarrett venture. They just used some TNA midcard talent. Unlike TNA, they'd have the money to sign ex-WWE wrestlers. So something along the lines of the type of workers Tommy Dreamer uses. MVP, Luke Gallows, Carlito, John Morrison, Chris Masters. People like that. Maybe the reason AJ Styles suddenly stopped talking to TNA was because Jarrett had resigned from TNA a few days before. Jarrett has strong ties with AAA, the UK and Mutoh's group, so he'd be able to set up talent agreements.

And looking at how many people TNA have let go this last year, maybe guys like Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode wouldn't be sticking around TNA if there was another group willing to give them enough leverage. Guys like Joe, Storm and Roode as so desperate for a change of scene.
So basically most of the roster from FWE & HoH? I doubt Gallows will be used now since he won the IWGP Tag Titles with Karl Anderson as part of the Bullet Club. I can see guys like MVP, Carlito, Morrison, Masters, and other ex-WWE talent being used. Those ties with international promotions would obviously add to the promotion.

Also, I wonder if Jarrett, if he's indeed starting a new promotion, tries to steal away talent from TNA, especially if TNA is in as bad of shape as Jarrett claims (and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case).
bik100

Post by bik100 »

So is AJ going to put this company on his back? I'm more than down for that.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

a quick internet search revealed that Toby Keith has a $320 million dollar net worth.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

dark patriot wrote:a quick internet search revealed that Toby Keith has a $320 million dollar net worth.
Jeez, the power of Country music!
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

Thats a rising sum, too. He had $63 million in 2013 alone.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Really interested to see what Jarrett's planing. Hope we get an announcement soon. Apparently Homicide posted on his Facebook that he's known about Jarrett & Keith working on something for weeks now.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

It's coming apparently
http://instagram.com/p/j7wFBfFdlO/#
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Their's a new video out. Apparently the first major announcement will be April 7, 2014 which is the night after WrestleMania XXX.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

It's here...

Pretty shitty name and logo if you ask me ;)
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

And the website is down for me :
ImageImage
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Same here, not a great start! on a sidenote - the name just reminds me of a shitty Power Rangers spinoff.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well here's the official press release:
JARRETTS UNVEIL NEW WRESTLING PROMOTION: JOIN THE FORCE!

NASHVILLE -- After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing ... IT IS HERE!

Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.

"Because of new media, new technology and more ‘in-tune' fans than we've ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s," Jeff Jarrett said. "What we're going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they've never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for."

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

"Jeff was born into this business," Karen Jarrett said. "It's his life's passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that."

Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.

"The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.

Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Honestly, I'm actually fairly looking forward to this. There's a chance for it to be what TNA was and where TNA was heading when Fourtune was on top, before it all went downhill.