The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by famicommander »

So far none of Summerslam, Takeover, Raw, or Smackdown at Barclays has sold out.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Only one truly sexy top match on any card, lack of NXT buzz, overall product over saturation. SmackDown hierarchy is also out of sync as long as Mahal is top champion, plus a guest referee stealing the thunder from the brand's two best workhorses hurts. Don't forget the mind boggling quantity of healthy scratches (Zayn's third consecutive of the Slams/Manes events, this time not even on the preshow), which is another painful side effect of Mahal's push.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per Meltzer on tonight's Observer Radio, Shelton Benjamin is returning soon.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I knew this SummerSlam card was bad, but man.. it's even worse than i was expecting thus far. Don't think there's even been a 3 star match in the first two hours.

Update: Well at least the tag title match was good.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

You know the media and the WWE can spin bullshit all day about Jinder Mahal and his global reaching span into the India market. The fact of the matter is Vince still has a hard on for muscle bound steroid guys. Jinder Mahal didn't do jack shit his first time around, had to get fired, work a bunch of no name indy dates because no one fucking wanted his ass, and then got desperate with the juicing. His work rate sucks ass. Vince can stick his fucking chest all day about this media publicity, but it's just absolute horseshit. No one likes this guy. He's fucking terrible in the ring. The sheep that eat this up are exactly the brainless idiots that Vince has made a fortune of off. Nakamura(who has been going through the motions since his debut match with Zayn), Styles, Owens, are 3 fucking guys right off the top of my head that can take a shit in the ring and still produce a better match on Smackdown than Mahal. I would have put Zayn on the list, but Vince has put him in purgatory for being vocally anti-Trump.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, i don't hate with Mahal, with so much passion, but the Mahal vs. Nakamura match didn't really scream blockbuster main event. Guess it didn't need to with the four way but still. I think Mahal vs. Cena was the easy/safe choice. I also think creative likes mahal, because it's the standard anti-american heel. Easy booking.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Just watched John Cena vs. Samoa Joe at a house show...I can't believe the first times this match is happening in the company are on house shows in three towns with a population of less than 100,000 people (Carbondale, IL, Jonesboro, AR, Tupelo, MS).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Getting their chemistry figured out for a Raw match in the hopes of not getting ratings shit pushed in by MNF.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I was wondering why WWE put together their two biggest first time blockbuster matches in Lesnar/Strowman and Reigns/Cena at F'n No Mercy. This screams WM to me. Why at No Mercy?!? My thoughts...

- to get network subscribers back
- help improve raw ratings
- Cena/Brock could be leaving for a while, and/or Taker could come back
- (Supersonic's point) Monday Night Football could further hurt the ratings/product.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Also STAPLES Center. BRIGHT LIGHTS BIG CITY.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Regarding the 2018 Hall of Fame in New Orleans, one name floated to us as a possible headliner would be Bautista. Obviously Undertaker would be the headliner if he so chooses and The Rock will be the headliner whenever he so chooses
Whether this happens or not, the current plans are for the U.K. show to begin before the end of this year. Original plans were to start taping in June and now we’re almost in September and a first date for a taping still hasn’t been announced. There are a lot of things to work out, including that the original U.K. championship tournament was apparently a big money loser
Regarding Corbin and his losing the briefcase and having the lackluster match with Cena, that had nothing to do with Cena, well, the match had to do with Cena as his dance partner, but his fortunes falling temporarily was not Cena related. It also had nothing to do with Twitter, although the Twitter stuff did him no favors, particularly with a lot of the wrestlers because it’s considered bad form to go on a blocking spree of your fellow wrestlers. It was an entirely different situation outside the ring that happened a few weeks ago that happened
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Good to see that. The Flair vs. Steamboat Trilogy from '89 is still my all time favorite series of matches.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

supersonic wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am Also STAPLES Center. BRIGHT LIGHTS BIG CITY.
That would be my guess because it's LA.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Goldberg should headline this upcoming Hall of Fame. Had the Sting type run for a few big matches to say goodbye. Induction is only fitting in 2018.
In no way should Taker's HOF year be in New Orleans where he lost the Streak.
Guess Batista would be alright but if they want to tie an inductee in with the last NOLA Mania it should be Bryan...who was that Mania buit on? Dave played a huge part but it was on Bryan's back.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They probably don't want to put Danielson in the HOF if he's really going to leave and show up in NJPW/CMLL/ROH next year.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Goldberg can headline when the Falcons host.

I'd have Mahal already dethroned and has no official WM34 match. He's pissed and "interrupts" Mania, laying down an impromptu open challenge to any American that has ever been World Champion.

Goldberg answers the open challenge. This is the end of Mahal as being anything more than a completely irrelevant jobber.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Goldberg or Rock...even Hogan would work there with Mahal...I like that idea.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I stick with Goldberg. Fresher in-ring threat, won't require 10+ minutes of talking, and no racism baggage either.