The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Brada

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Brada »

Smackdown is clearly outperforming RAW. Just a better product overall.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

If they wanted to put the belt on Naomi so badly wouldn't it have been better to build up to her winning the title in her home town?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Really glad to see Bray win the title. I loved the guy since his NXT days, and his start to the Main Roster was really entertaining. Unfortunately, John Cena happened. But he managed to bounce back, and I'm so glad he finally gets what he deserves. It's not enough to get me to watch again, but I'm happy to see him succeed.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:Smackdown is clearly outperforming RAW. Just a better product overall.
Yeah, I agree. Wish they would feed American Alpha another team besides the Usos though. I like the women's roster better on Smackdown. Plus, you got AJ Styles who makes everyone better.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Man, sometimes I really shake my head at the booking on RAW.

So, lets have Charlotte drop the title again on free tv, so we can pad her PPV stats and keep her undefeated.

At this rate, Charlotte is going to be a damn 20 time champion by Mania next year.

You just completely just crapped on the entire Bayley realizes her dream at Mania story that you had been building too, for her to win an unadvertised match on RAW.

No buildup. No nothing, just wins it on RAW.

Bet your ass Charlotte wins that belt back on PPV, maybe at Fastlane, but definitely by Mania.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I thought the timing of finally splitting Owens and Jericho was an interesting choice. The execution of the angle though was spot on by both of them.

It does make fastlane completely predictable though.

The company has zero confidence in putting Owens-Jericho in the main event spot at Mania, so they will have Jericho gain his revenge by somehow costing Owens the title at Fastlane, putting Goldberg and Lesnar in the main.

Then Owens slides down the card for a US title match with Jericho, which will be FAR more entertaining in my opinion.

I am curious to see what they do with Joe should Rollins be able to face Triple H.

They have to find Joe a match in my opinion, but against who? Please don't do something stupid like have him mow over everyone in the Andre battle royal. I really don't want to see that.
Brada

Post by Brada »

So Orton bows to Wyatt last night and says he won't face him for the title....now there is going to be a battle royal to determine Wyatt's challenger at Mania.

This has got to all be a ruse. Orton at some point snaps, RKO to Wyatt, then cuts a promo while Wyatt is laying on his back staring at the lights. Orton tells him that it will all be over that quick at Mania.....

That's my guess.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:So Orton bows to Wyatt last night and says he won't face him for the title....now there is going to be a battle royal to determine Wyatt's challenger at Mania.

This has got to all be a ruse. Orton at some point snaps, RKO to Wyatt, then cuts a promo while Wyatt is laying on his back staring at the lights. Orton tells him that it will all be over that quick at Mania.....

That's my guess.
I'm just hoping that Luke Harper wins the Battle Royal, and we end up getting a three-way at 'Mania, because it'd be a shame if Harper was left off the card, especially considering he's a big part of the whole storyline surrounding The Wyatt Family in the last few months.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Harper should definitely win the Battle Royal to set up a triple threat. If WWE really wanted to turn some heads, have Harper go over at Mania.
Brada

Post by Brada »

DDP to the Hall of Fame.

Very cool and deserving.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
A lot of times people talk about how there’s no long-term planning but the WrestleMania 34 main event for April 8, 2018, which obviously could change, is set for Lesnar vs. Reigns for the Universal title.
.Right now the plan is for Nakamura to debut on the main roster very shortly. I’m not sure what date it will be, but the likely scenario is he loses to Bobby Roode at Takeover and starts immediately after, with Raw after WrestleMania being a good bet. There are others who may be brought up as well. Asuka is likely not one of them because the posters for the U.K. tour are built around Roode, Asuka, Kassius Ohno, Dillinger, Aleister Black and Sanity [Note: every indivudal listing for this summer's UK tour has Nakamura currently advertised]
There has been a lot of talk around wrestling over the past few weeks that Jim Cornette will be the one to induct the Rock & Roll Express into the WWE Hall of Fame on 3/31. Some will be surprised about Cornette being at a WWE function, but I’m not in the least as he wasn’t going to turn down being part of honoring the team. Neither the WWE nor Cornette would confirm or deny the story
WWE announced a show called “United Kingdom Championship Live,” which will actually be taped, with the tapings taking place on 5/6 and 5/7 at Epic Studios in Norwich, England, a 900-seat building. The timing of the shows work well for WWE, since they are touring the U.K. at the time, meaning the entire crew is there and will be doing television on 5/8 and 5/9 from the O2 Arena in London. So taping at that time saves a lot of money, particularly since the plans for the tapings are to use both the U.K. talent under contract like champion Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Wolfgang, Tyson T-Bone, Sam Gradwell, James Drake, Joseph Conners, Dan Moloney and Saxon Huxley, as well as WWE cruiserweight talent like Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa, T.J. Perkins, Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese. All of those wrestlers were being brought in for television, but may not have had other house show work as it’s most likely that the Raw crew tour will include Neville vs. Austin Aries title matches, so they wouldn’t be available for these tapings.

At this point, nothing has been said as to where the shows would air. WWE was looking at local television for a weekly U.K. series as opposed to it being on the WWE Network, since the idea is to create stars off television and run house shows off it.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

My interest in this product is suffering again. Arguably the best wrestler in the world right now, AJ Styles, is going to wrestle Shane at the biggest show in the world. It's one thing when Shane O'Mac wrestles The Undertaker, a part timer, but Styles? Really? In a cruel twist of irony, the greatest wrestler of the 21st century had to fire the best wrestler currently in the world. Fate has robbed us of seeing what those 2 guys could do in front of WrestleMania. Instead, Styles has to work his ass off to make it even look convincing that Shane can even be in the same ring with him. I fucking hate this storyline more than anything else in wrestling right now.
marcgeo13

Post by marcgeo13 »

No matter how hard I try RAW is just painful to watch. Needs AJ styles
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The company announced a 7/9 Raw PPV, Bad Blood for the XL Center in Hartford, which would be the first PPV in the city in 17 years.
Summer Rae, who has been out of action since August with a shoulder injury, has been at the Performance Center training. There is talk of adding her to the Smackdown women’s title match.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The site of WWE's Battleground PPV, which will be a SmackDown show, will be the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

Tickets for Battleground are available right now for a pre-sale using the code "WWEPHILLY."
Current PPV schedule through next year:

WrestleMania 33 - Orlando, FL - April 2, 2017
Payback 2017 (Raw) - San Jose, CA - April 30, 2017
Backlash 2017 (SmackDown) - Chicago, IL - May 21, 2017
Extreme Rules 2017 (Raw) - Baltimore, MD - June 4, 2018
Money in the Bank 2017 (SmackDown) - St, Louis, MO - June 18, 2017
Bad Blood 2017 (Raw) - Hartford, CT - July 9, 2017
Battleground 2017 (SmackDown) - Philadelphia, PA - July 23, 2017
SummerSlam 2017 - Brooklyn, NY - August 20, 2017
Survivor Series 2017 - Houston, TX - November 19, 2017
Royal Rumble 2018 - Philadelphia, PA - January 28, 2018
WrestleMania 34 - New Orleans, LA - April 8, 2018
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Everyone's getting sappy. Fuck that shit, he's no Bryan Danielson.

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.co ... ndertaker/
SCG Radio #95 - The Trial of the Undertaker
August 25, 2016

We're back in court! Join us as the Prosecution of Liam O'Rourke and Karl Jones face the Defence team of Luke Edwards and Matt Holt, as Judge Chase presides over The Trial of The Undertaker! Both Taker and WWE are up on the charge of Misrepresentation of Stature, and Fraud in overstating his success and impact on WWE. We take your "witness statements" on the charge, and debate the first Decade of Destruction, the Biker/Deadman Part Deux years, as well as his time as a Special Attraction with his famed WrestleMania streak. A debate that covers every facet of Undertaker's WWE career, this was a tremendously spirited debate, check it out!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Well... that crowd was atrocious. If I was Vince, the moment that beach ball came out I would have had the guys in the ring just go-home via small package then had the production truck run a "Best of The Undertaker" playlist for the networks while sending the two greenest NXT guys I could find out to the ring to give the live crowd ninety minutes of headlocks. But not. Instead they PUT THE CROWD OVER FOR COMPLETELY IGNORING THE SHOW.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:Well... that crowd was atrocious. If I was Vince, the moment that beach ball came out I would have had the guys in the ring just go-home via small package then had the production truck run a "Best of The Undertaker" playlist for the networks while sending the two greenest NXT guys I could find out to the ring to give the live crowd ninety minutes of headlocks. But not. Instead they PUT THE CROWD OVER FOR COMPLETELY IGNORING THE SHOW.
Yeah, that was bullshit. I hate when a crowd tries to get themselves over. I totally agree with you what Vince should have done. The problem was they started the show off with Reigns and it dictated the rest of the show. Perhaps if they started off with Lesnar they might have not lost control. Instead, Reigns seemed overwhelmed by the crowd and didn't know what to do, they smelled blood, and that was it. Crowd empowered.

Side note: I totally marked out for The Revival.