The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
TreeOfWHOA!

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Anyways...Chris Jericho tonight? RAW mystery man i'm pretty sure it is him (Y)ear 2012 (2)nd day (J)anuary Y2J !! Now if he feuds with Punk i think it has the potential to be one of the best feuds the WWE has had in a long time. Thoughts?
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

^ If it is Y2J, that'd be great and his feud with Punk would or SHOULD be amazing. But I'm kinda hoping its Skip Sheffield coming back as his Ryback character. That IMO would be beast! :D
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

FairPlay wrote:^ If it is Y2J, that'd be great and his feud with Punk would or SHOULD be amazing. But I'm kinda hoping its Skip Sheffield coming back as his Ryback character. That IMO would be beast! :D
I think you may be the only one hoping for this!! But hey can't say the crowd would see that coming though LMAO!
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

^ A guy can hope can't he? :P
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Hasn't Ryback worked a few dark matches for WWE recently? I do think we will see Skip Sheffield back in the WWE at some point this year.
cviens

Post by cviens »

If it's Skip Sheffield I'll be severely disappointed and probably throw something at the TV.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

It's somebody that's going to SHOCK the world! It's none other than... the SHOCKMASTER!
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:It's somebody that's going to SHOCK the world! It's none other than... the SHOCKMASTER!
This probably moves the dial more than a Chris Jericho or Ryback would. I heard today from someone fairly in the know that the locker room had talked about Jericho coming back and not being the people in the video. The people in the video are rumored to be Shane and Stephanie McMahon. That's likely not going to happen but was something someone in the WWE locker room had relayed to a friend.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Hasn't Ryback worked a few dark matches for WWE recently? I do think we will see Skip Sheffield back in the WWE at some point this year.
Yeah he has and I sure hope so. I feel like he has a lot of potential going all the way back to when he was on Tough Enough. #justsayin'. :P
cviens wrote:If it's Skip Sheffield I'll be severely disappointed and probably throw something at the TV.
Well then you better have something handy to throw cause I'm thinking its him.

P.S. - I most likely am dead wrong but oh well, its all fun and games...and HOPEFULLY someone doesn't get hurt. ;)
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Kharma.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

In the continuing epidemic of poor booking they're giving away Punk/Ziggler on free television. Terrible decision.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

JSWO wrote:In the continuing epidemic of poor booking they're giving away Punk/Ziggler on free television. Terrible decision.
Well, no one is really going to pay to see Ziggler/Punk, so it's OK to have that one on free TV.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

syxxpakk wrote:
JSWO wrote:In the continuing epidemic of poor booking they're giving away Punk/Ziggler on free television. Terrible decision.
Well, no one is really going to pay to see Ziggler/Punk, so it's OK to have that one on free TV.

Nobody is going to pay to see anything they do, that's the point.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Well that was the most anti-climactic bullshit I've ever seen.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

JSWO wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:

Nobody is going to pay to see anything they do, that's the point.
I thought you made a big point about how WWE fans don't care about what they watch and will pay for it anyway?
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

syxxpakk wrote: I thought you made a big point about how WWE fans don't care about what they watch and will pay for it anyway?

The same 100,000 marks will pay for it, they don't grow the audience because they give everything away for free on television. And Chris Jericho, LOL, what a waste.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Well, again, no one was going to pay for Ziggler vs. Punk regardless. So I don't think it's that big of an issue. If they gave the Rock vs. Cena away on free TV, I think you would have a better case.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

syxxpakk wrote:Well, again, no one was going to pay for Ziggler vs. Punk regardless. So I don't think it's that big of an issue. If they gave the Rock vs. Cena away on free TV, I think you would have a better case.

Take the biggest star of the last 15 years in Rock vs. the biggest name now, of course it's going to sell to two different generations of fans. But if current fans are to be trained by WWE(just like the previous ones were) to buy into the product, they have to promote matches like Punk/Ziggler that are main event level as ones that belong on PPV. They don't do that and the same 100,000 fans buy the same bad shows with recycled matches shown on TV.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

But, again, even if they did - fans aren't going to spend money on Ziggler or Punk.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

Its now going to be Punk vs. Ziggler at The Rumble for the title. I'm pretty sure SOMEONE out there will be "paying" to see that match on PPV. #justsayin'.