The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Montana

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Montana »

Dont look now, but tonight is Bryan Daneilson vs. El Generico vs. Claudio vs Kevin Steen in the elimination chamber.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Wouldn't dream of looking because Elimination Chamber is a ridiculously horrible match concept and they're always convoluted messes.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Money in the Bank is such a ridiculously bad concept.

Almost as ridiculously bad as putting ANY title on The Miz, let alone a world title. John Morrison would be better off with a scarecrow for a tag team partner because Miz can't work at all.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I don't know if it's just the bias for the SD elimination chamber guys.... but i thought that match was excellent... and i'd probably go close to 5 stars for it. Yes, it's a an overly gimmick concept; and i wouldnt put it 1 month before wrestlemania; but i typically like the EC matches. Having the matches once a year; make them seem semi-special. Like it better than like a 1 on 1 match, where you typically know whos going to win. Like HIAC, MITB, Royal Rumble, ETC as well.

I also like the money in the bank concept; as a fan or booker; because it gives you options. Miz is the ideal MITB holder; as he's a chicken heel. The MITB contract adds another element to think about how/when it will be cashed in.

As for the Miz winning; i'm fine with it; other than he;s just going to lose it. He cuts a better promo than 95% of the wrestling world... and Raw has been extremely boring for months to me. I like Drew; think hes a great champ; but just kinda boring. not sure if that's his fault, or how hes booked. Quite sure Miz isn't holding it into Mania. For me, Morrison doesnt really add much to the Miz or the WWE product. He's got some cool moves; but find his character cheesy. At least Miz gets serious from time to time.

For my WWE entertainment, i prefer the promos , storylines, gimmicks, entertainment side of wrestling. For ROH; its more just the traditional foundation of wrestling, building wrestlers, creating feuds, build emotions that lead to matches where the pay out is.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I didn't watch Elimination Chamber this year but I have never seen a passable Elimination Chamber or TNA King of the Mountain match. They're just horrible clusterfucks.

Money in the Bank devalues the belts entirely. Every title change should be special. Now they're meaningless. Even more meaningless than your average WWE title change.

The Miz is a horrible wrestler. Among the worst world champions in WWE history, right up there with Khali and Jinder and Thwagger and Ziggler and Vince. He cuts one good promo per year and then does nothing but have bad matches. He's entirely one note.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

All I saw of Raw tonight was two gifs.

One was Shane McMahon playing hopscotch.

One was Shane McMahon dumping a bucket of Nickelodeon slime on Braun Strowman.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Also the WWE title match for Mania is a retread of TNA 2016
Montana

Post by Montana »

I can't fathom why they let Shane destroy Braun Strowman... other than Braun is going to throw Shane off something really tall in a WM Stunt. Even still... that's just a bad idea for booking imo. What they should have did.... was Shane shoot like a bear tranquilizer onto Braun then humiliate him. The way they did it, make Shane look way too strong; and Braun way too weak.

I don't have a problem with Lashly and Drew at WM. #1, it's two full time wrestlers. People always complain it about part time talent taking those slots. Plus if not them... you'd have either Orton/Bray involved; which would be equally bad. You got Miz/Sheamus in that picture as well... so like who really would you want out of those guys in the title match. I assume Roman Reigns vs. Edge and/or Daniel Bryan would be the main event.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:58 am I can't fathom why they let Shane destroy Braun Strowman... other than Braun is going to throw Shane off something really tall in a WM Stunt. Even still... that's just a bad idea for booking imo. What they should have did.... was Shane shoot like a bear tranquilizer onto Braun then humiliate him. The way they did it, make Shane look way too strong; and Braun way too weak.
Or maybe, and stay with me here because it's gonna sound crazy, but maybe the out of shape 51 year old non-wrestler son of the boss should fuck off and not have a match.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:24 pm
Montana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:58 am I can't fathom why they let Shane destroy Braun Strowman... other than Braun is going to throw Shane off something really tall in a WM Stunt. Even still... that's just a bad idea for booking imo. What they should have did.... was Shane shoot like a bear tranquilizer onto Braun then humiliate him. The way they did it, make Shane look way too strong; and Braun way too weak.
Or maybe, and stay with me here because it's gonna sound crazy, but maybe the out of shape 51 year old non-wrestler son of the boss should fuck off and not have a match.
This is my favorite post in a very long time.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Pre- Wrestlemania thoughts.

Certainly interest is down this year; and think this is one of the least anticipated mania's in a while. I like the title matches; but not much else excites me.

Night 1 seems pretty lackluster, and less excited with Sasha Banks and Bel Air main eventing. I fully expect it to be a great match; i just think Drew and Lashley should have got the main event spot. Think the build to Lashley/Drew was better, and it's simply the bigger match in my opinion.

Women's 4 way tag; not really mania worthy... should have just did this on SD.

New Day vs. AJ Styles / Omos... should be an alright match, but my excitement level is low for this.

Seth Rollins vs. Ceasaro .... this match NEEDS to deliver, for this show to be decent.

Braun vs. Shane in a cage... C'mon WWE. This is why people like Andrade leave; so Shane can wrestle at mania. No excitement for this.

Miz/Morrison vs. Bad Bunny/Priest - This this will be mildy entertaining... but yeah... not netting many stars.

Night 2

Clearly Roman vs. DB vs. Edge is main eventing; should be a solid main event. I think Roman goes over tonight. No reason to have Edge/DB go over now imo.

Riddle vs. Sheamus - Should will probably be really good, if given enough time.

Steen vs. Generico ... can't complain with getting this match, despite almost to build until a week or two before the show.

Big E vs. Crews .... Solid build... should be an OK match.

Fiend vs. Randy Orton ... can't imagine this being that much different than any of their other matches; but solid build up to the match. Seems like the match is missing something.

Womens tag... ehhh

Women's championship match should be good.

While i really enjoyed the two nights last year... i think with fans it doesn't work as well. WWE needs these matches to deliver.. and while i think giving them more time should help; there just isn't much at stake. Like these cards could literally be any random PPV throughout the year. Nothing will change much based on the results of this PPV. Now i don't want part timers coming back to steal the spotlight...but WWE needs to make guys like Drew & Lashley superstars. I think them going on first is partially why wwe is in the position it's in.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I ain't watching this garbage. I get Peacock for free, still not worth the time.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

We're FINALLY getting the Steen vs. Generico singles chapter on the grandest stage... and Bryan Danielson is headlining it once again...

Yet I don't give a fuck anymore, especially with the contamination of pandemic restrictions (ie, NOT having the luxury of a packed house.)
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I've been watching boxing all day (with a few UFC fights thrown in during the breaks) and I regret nothing.

DAZN had two cards going at once this morning. Had one going on the smart TV app with the other on the laptop. Then I watched the ESPN undercards on ESPN+, now I'm watching the Showtime card, and after the Showtime card I'll go back and watch the ESPN main card on the DVR.

Ancajas vs Rodriguez was a great fight just now and this morning the ladies had a war in a title fight. Still another title fight later on with Joe Smithr Jr vs Maxim Vlasov.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:07 pm I've been watching boxing all day (with a few UFC fights thrown in during the breaks) and I regret nothing.

DAZN had two cards going at once this morning. Had one going on the smart TV app with the other on the laptop. Then I watched the ESPN undercards on ESPN+, now I'm watching the Showtime card, and after the Showtime card I'll go back and watch the ESPN main card on the DVR.

Ancajas vs Rodriguez was a great fight just now and this morning the ladies had a war in a title fight. Still another title fight later on with Joe Smithr Jr vs Maxim Vlasov.
You’ll definitely need to watch the Smith v Vsalov fight. Great fight through 11
Montana

Post by Montana »

supersonic wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:07 pm We're FINALLY getting the Steen vs. Generico singles chapter on the grandest stage... and Bryan Danielson is headlining it once again...

Yet I don't give a fuck anymore, especially with the contamination of pandemic restrictions (ie, NOT having the luxury of a packed house.)
For some reason i thought they faced off at mania before....BUT they were in a ladder match together and in a tag match together..but your right. Never a singles match. My expectations are low; considering they likely wont get more than 10-12 minutes. Now that i think about it, pretty shitty build for their first mania singles match.

Ceasaro had a nice breakout performance on Night 1.

For the most part Night 1 was about as expected. I think they delivered an enjoyable 3 hour show. Nothing iconic/must see...but solid all the way around. Think the matches they needed to deliver, did enough... and i'd say this was far from a trainwreck.... which had potential on paper.

I did notice how some/most of the wrestlers, aren't used to having fans back. Most didn't play to the crowd much.. and were more focused on the match. Not a bad thing, and think it actually helped.... Just surprising as i thought we'd see more. Nice to see WWE trying to use mania to make some stars as well. They still got a ways to go; but i appreciate the better effort the past year or so.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shane McMahon and a rapper on the card

"enjoyable"

this is why we can't have nice things
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yes, i've accepted that WWE is Entertainment... and i'm not bitter about it. No one is forcing you to watch, or post on here how you don't like it. Why bother trying to ruin someone else's enjoyment? Vince & WWE isn't changing so no sense wasting your time complaining about it. That's like Honorable Mention coming to ROHworld to complain about ROH.

Bad Bunny actually had what most people believe the best celebrity match of all time.

Shane McMahon... as expected did a unsafe dive off the cage. While i don't agree with the booking, that match was OK. Nothing special.

Guess what.... i'll probably enjoy night 2 as well.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You should have higher standards for the biggest show in the entire industry. Everybody should expect an entire card of great matches with great builds and satisfying payoffs. There shouldn't be anything on the card that you have to rationalize or convince yourself wasn't really all that bad. It doesn't have to be like a Ring of Honor show but it should at least be good.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:41 pm Yes, i've accepted that WWE is Entertainment... and i'm not bitter about it. No one is forcing you to watch, or post on here how you don't like it. Why bother trying to ruin someone else's enjoyment? Vince & WWE isn't changing so no sense wasting your time complaining about it. That's like Honorable Mention coming to ROHworld to complain about ROH.

Bad Bunny actually had what most people believe the best celebrity match of all time.

Shane McMahon... as expected did a unsafe dive off the cage. While i don't agree with the booking, that match was OK. Nothing special.

Guess what.... i'll probably enjoy night 2 as well.
That is how the IWC is. Most have to shit on WWE if they don’t like it and those that like WWE have to shit on the rest. If you like WWE and want to watch Mania go for it. Who cares what everyone else says.