The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by supersonic »

WM33 card so far per the Observer:
Rollins was getting an evaluation on the knee on 2/1 in Birmingham and the early word was that he’d be out about eight weeks, meaning that Mania was possible but not definite. Obviously he’ll want to do it under any circumstances when it’s that close of a call but WWE these days, for legal reasons, is far more cautious about throwing talent back into the ring before they are ready than has been the case historically.
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H (up in the air)
Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles (not confirmed yet)
Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal
Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Jax vs. Banks (Raw Women's Title)
The Miz & Maryse vs. John Cena & Nikki Bella
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton (WWE Title)
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (Universal Title)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Regarding Balor and talks of him being in the Rumble, he had an evaluation over the past week and was not cleared. I don’t know that he was ever considered for the Rumble in the first place as his target return was always said to be late February or more likely early March. But he expected to be on the WrestleMania show in some form
Over the past few weeks, the company has been calling a lot of the women from the past and told them they wanted them for WrestleMania
Foley got his health insurance approved, which means he will be getting his right hip replaced soon. While he hasn’t been told anything, Foley has surmised that this could be the end of his General Manager role on Raw, since once he gets the surgery, he’ll be out of action for a minimum of six weeks and they may go in a new direction. He isn’t under any contract and only agreed to do the job on a verbal agreement and has been in excruciating pain traveling every week, particularly going through airports
WWE has contacted talent in Asia looking for passport details and other info regarding an Asian tournament, similar to what was done in the U.K. They appear to be speeding up the process in response to the WCPW World Cup tournament. To make sure there is no confusion, the talent being contacted has been outright told no outside bookings if signed in the U.S, U.K. or Japan
Brada

Post by Brada »

I hope they put Balor in a match at Mania. Time to put him back in the spotlight on the biggest stage. Find a way to get him in the Triple H-Rollins mix should Seth not be able to go.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Nevermind hes not
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote:WM33 card so far per the Observer:
Rollins was getting an evaluation on the knee on 2/1 in Birmingham and the early word was that he’d be out about eight weeks, meaning that Mania was possible but not definite. Obviously he’ll want to do it under any circumstances when it’s that close of a call but WWE these days, for legal reasons, is far more cautious about throwing talent back into the ring before they are ready than has been the case historically.
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H (up in the air)
Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles (not confirmed yet)
Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal
Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Jax vs. Banks (Raw Women's Title)
The Miz & Maryse vs. John Cena & Nikki Bella
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton (WWE Title)
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (Universal Title)
A basketball player, a mixed gender tag match, a 47 year old executive vs AJ Styles, a 39 year old part timer headlining against a 50 year old part timer who hasn't really wrestled in 12 years and wasn't all that great in his prime.

That is one awful card. Especially with Tyler Black now hurt.

Steen had better go over Jericho.

I wouldn't watch a Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt match if you paid me to.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'm certainly not holding back any tears about skipping Orlando and saving for NOLA.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jesus. Seeing Shane in WrestleMania is fucking terrible. Why not use the spot for guys on the roster that deserve it? Man that has to be so disheartening for the talent.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Jesus. A Card like that is reason why I stopped watching over a year ago. WWE fucking blows.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Actually fuck off. Surely none of us would salivate for these Styles opponents on the grandest stage:

Finn Balor
John Cena
Randy Orton
Undertaker
Brock Lesnar
Seth Rollins
Triple H
Shinsuke Nakamura

If you're not down with Shane 'O Mac, then bottom line, you're truly whack.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Actually fuck off. Surely none of us would salivate for these Styles opponents on the grandest stage:

Finn Balor
John Cena
Randy Orton
Undertaker
Brock Lesnar
Seth Rollins
Triple H
Shinsuke Nakamura

If you're not down with Shane 'O Mac, then bottom line, you're truly whack.
The world would be a much better place if we could get Styles/Balor at WrestleMania.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Brada

Post by Brada »

Well deserved. I will be interested in seeing who inducts them.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:Well deserved. I will be interested in seeing who inducts them.
Ricky Morton sold like a mother fucker. When he made the hot tag to Gibson the arena exploded. To this day the Rock n' Roll Express/Midnight Express matches are still some of the best I have ever seen.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Erick Rowan has started training at the Performance Center to get ready for a return after rotator cuff surgery. If Wyatt is going to have a back-up, Rowan would fit into the slot since Orton and Wyatt seem to be headed for a split and Harper just split with Wyatt
While details have been kept sketchy, Seth Rollins (Colby Lopez) suffered a torn right MCL in a 1/30 angle when his legs were dangling as Samoa Joe pulled him down for the choke.

On the 2/6 Raw show, the injury was covered but with nothing definitive said past teasing the idea he would miss WrestleMania. Right now, the company is going with the idea that he will be able to wrestle and that the match with HHH is still on.
Austin Aries, 38, has been cleared to wrestle after his orbital bone break. While this is not a confirmed done idea, it has been talked about a Neville vs. Aries title match at WrestleMania. On Raw this week, you could see the beginnings of the tease for it.

If that’s the case, it makes sense for Aries not to wrestle until then, and nobody discussing the idea of him wrestling until the angle is shot. Aries doing those interviews in the ring with the different cruiserweights makes me feel that they are setting him up for that position so that when they do the angle off an interview it doesn’t look so contrived. The show build is similar to the great 1981 angle in Georgia with Roddy Piper (in the role of Aries) vs. Bob Armstrong, although the dynamic was different since Armstrong was a babyface and Piper a heel.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Aries/Neville would be a great kick off show match at Mania. Hope to see it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Green Bay and Chicago
Bill Goldberg has been added to both the 2/27 and 3/6 Raw shows. He would be expected on 2/27 since that's the Fast Lane go-home show and he's headlining that card. The 3/6 show is the day after, the first show with the hard push for Mania, and he and Brock Lesnar are the key match on that show.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Glad to see Bray win the strap last night. I am hoping they actually have him go over Orton and give him an established run. Dude deserves a shot to run with the ball.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I thought the Elimination Chamber match last night was great. I wasn't sure about the new structure, but it really worked out well. The action was great, and the booking of the match (particularly the eliminations) was very good. Honestly, it was one of the best Elimination Chamber matches ever (I would have it as the 2nd or 3rd best out of the bunch).