The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

My resolution for 2012 will be to not watch ANY wwe. On a side note, the last few months people have been looking forwards to Cena vs Rock. Since June the match I was looking forward to was Richards vs Edwards 3.
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool »

rohfanAnthony wrote:My resolution for 2012 will be to not watch ANY wwe. On a side note, the last few months people have been looking forwards to Cena vs Rock. Since June the match I was looking forward to was Richards vs Edwards 3.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Cena vs. Rock has the potential to be one of the worst technical wrestling matches of all time.

Combined, they know about eight moves!
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

It's not going to be about how technically sound they are as wrestlers. It's going to be about the spectacle and atmosphere of today's biggest star wrestling one of the biggest stars in wrestling history. The match is going to be a lot like the Rock vs Hogan match at WrestleMania X8 where they will have the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands. Sure, it may not be technical masterpiece, but it's not meant to be.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

About the same number of moves between Punk and Cena these days and that didn't stop MITB from being all kinds of awesome.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Cena vs. Rock has the potential to be one of the worst technical wrestling matches of all time!
Then its a good thing they aren't shooting to have a technical match then isn't it? :p
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Deadpool wrote:
rohfanAnthony wrote:My resolution for 2012 will be to not watch ANY wwe. On a side note, the last few months people have been looking forwards to Cena vs Rock. Since June the match I was looking forward to was Richards vs Edwards 3.
What's the matter? My not watching wwe in 2012 gives you a headache? It will make me happy, that's what matters.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

WWE has been pretty great this past year aside from a bit of downfall in these last couple of months.

Why would you want to miss out on that?
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

syxxpakk wrote:WWE has been pretty great this past year aside from a bit of downfall in these last couple of months.

Why would you want to miss out on that?
I think the last few months have been pretty good too. 2011 was a good year for the WWE, and I'm really looking forward to both Raw and Smackdown (best wrestling show on tv today bar none) this week.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Major LOL at the last two posts. The company could book goats being milked and fans would schlurp it up. It doesn't matter who's "wrestling" who or what sort of political burial jobs are going on some people including it appears posting in this thread will still love it.

I'll be at Wrestlemania to see the last guy in this business that actually mattered, The Rock. Other than that it's going to be another show based on political back stabbing and muscle heads fumbling around the ring in an attempt to have a match.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

JSWO wrote:Major LOL at the last two posts. The company could book goats being milked and fans would schlurp it up. It doesn't matter who's "wrestling" who or what sort of political burial jobs are going on some people including it appears posting in this thread will still love it.

I'll be at Wrestlemania to see the last guy in this business that actually mattered, The Rock. Other than that it's going to be another show based on political back stabbing and muscle heads fumbling around the ring in an attempt to have a match.
Fair enough Jeff, you don't like WWE. That's your own choice.

But, there are several of us still out here who do. Please be curtious enough to us where you don't need to come into this thread and shit on us.

Thank you.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I stopped watching WWE because they have no respect for their fans. Well, that and the fact that it was boring me to death.

I completely understand why people watch WWE, they're the best at what they do. It's just that what they do is not my cup of tea at all.

But hey, it's nowhere near as bad as TNA!

PS: JSWO just won my 'Post of the Forum' award!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

JSWO wrote:Major LOL at the last two posts. The company could book goats being milked and fans would schlurp it up. It doesn't matter who's "wrestling" who or what sort of political burial jobs are going on some people including it appears posting in this thread will still love it.

Quit talking down to people.

Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't mean shit.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Hammond Eggar wrote:

But, there are several of us still out here who do. Please be curtious enough to us where you don't need to come into this thread and shit on us.

Thank you.

So if I don't like something I can't comment on it? What is this communist North Korea? Does Kim Jong Un run this thread?
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

syxxpakk wrote:

Quit talking down to people.

Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't mean shit.

Nobody is talking down to people, but thank you for proving my point that the WWE is a sheepherder and fans like yourself are sheep.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:I stopped watching WWE because they have no respect for their fans. Well, that and the fact that it was boring me to death.

I completely understand why people watch WWE, they're the best at what they do. It's just that what they do is not my cup of tea at all.

But hey, it's nowhere near as bad as TNA!

PS: JSWO just won my 'Post of the Forum' award!

Thanks dude, just speaking my mind and point that WWE and their fans prove for me on the reg.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

JSWO wrote:If I don't like something I can't comment on it?
No one said that. I think they're just saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all/if you come into a thread JUST to bash it/talk bad about it, don't come into it in the first place...
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

JSWO wrote:
Hammond Eggar wrote:

Thank you.

So if I don't like something I can't comment on it? What is this communist North Korea? Does Kim Jong Un run this thread?
Yes actually... I'm the ghost of Kim Jong.

Your clearly more than entitled to your own opinions. However, if you don't like WWE, it'd be an easy assumption that you don't watch the product. If you don't watch something, how can you have an opinion? it's like with you an ESPN... The blog was interesting. I don't understand it, but since you don't watch the product anymore, it's all good.

Coming into a thread clearly for WWE discussion and shitting on the fans of them is clearly a dick move dude. There is no reason for it other than to stroke your own ego and make you feel better about yourself.

I'm asking you nicely dude. Please don't come in here and attack us for liking something you don't like.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Let the mods handle it, guys.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Hammond Eggar wrote: Yes actually... I'm the ghost of Kim Jong.

Your clearly more than entitled to your own opinions. However, if you don't like WWE, it'd be an easy assumption that you don't watch the product. If you don't watch something, how can you have an opinion? it's like with you an ESPN... The blog was interesting. I don't understand it, but since you don't watch the product anymore, it's all good.

Coming into a thread clearly for WWE discussion and shitting on the fans of them is clearly a dick move dude. There is no reason for it other than to stroke your own ego and make you feel better about yourself.

I'm asking you nicely dude. Please don't come in here and attack us for liking something you don't like.

I don't have an ego, this is a wrestling message board and not a self-esteem booster. What I am doing is speaking to an opinion that makes sense out in the real world, not inside the WWE Universe(TM).

I'm not sure what my disdain for ESPN and it's agenda has to do with thinking a wrestling product is aimed at people that refuse to think for themselves and children. I do watch some of the WWE product, especially what comes recommended but it's complete rehash of the same lame talents every single week. It deserves to be criticized and the audience deserves to be held accountable for not holding the so called best wrestling promotion on Earth to a higher standard.

Compare 2002-2011 to 1990-2001, it's not even funny how much better the product used to be. They much like every other promotion out there, ROH included are out of ideas on how to evolve into something new. There's no depth in the main event, politics and stereotypes are dominating the WWE product more so than ever before. They had the Punk angle and cut its legs off immediately. Why? They did it because they know they'll always have your dollars no matter what they do. They do not care about their audience, never have and never will because they know you'll always be there ready to buy the next PPV featuring the next terrible storyline.

When a guy like Colt Cabana who has all the talent in the world to be the next Dusty Rhodes type worker, can't get a job there because he's "too Jewish" or guys are judged on their size and not their talent so pushes aren't allowed are just two examples of how far off base they've become. No, I will not listen to the Danielson example since he's now champ until Orton is healthy again. Randy Orton & John Cena are revoltingly stale. It's only getting worse, and they've got zero idea how to fix it. Fans don't care though, they'll just get their hard earned money out and purchase that next WWEshop.com item.