The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Wilson

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Wilson »

Hall of Pain

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-of-fa ... 8-inductee
Henry’s appetite for destruction brought him one of sports-entertainment’s top prizes – the World Heavyweight Championship, which he won by defeating Randy Orton at Night of Champions 2011. As The World’s Strongest Man’s career approached the two-decade mark, rumors of Henry’s retirement began to travel through the WWE Universe. Henry even played into the rumors, appearing on Monday Night Raw in June 2013 for what appeared to be a tearful retirement speech as John Cena watched on, though he shocked everyone by nearly driving Cena through the mat with his World’s Strongest Slam, boldly declaring “I’ve got a lot left in the tank!”

Henry continued competing with WWE through WrestleMania 33, while also taking on a new role as a talent scout and mentor, helping to prepare competitors like Braun Strowman, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews and Bianca Belair for the rigors of the squared circle.

For the devastation he caused inside the ring, as well as the work he does to help the next generation of Superstars, there is no bigger honor for Mark Henry than to become The World’s Strongest Hall of Famer.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mark Henry sucks and has always sucked. Seems like a genuinely cool person but I never bought him in the ring or on the mic. And his finisher sucked.

Very, very low bar for the HOF. Of course, Godfather and Jim Duggan and Koko B Ware and Greg Valentine are in there too. Not to mention the freakshow celebrity wing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I believe Henry pulled strong ratings during his 2011 peak, and his fake retirement a couple years later is a segment I'll never forget, a performance far superior to the majority of his peers, resulting in my pick for his greatest match too.

Circling back to his 2011 peak, I was really impressed by his series with Big Show. It was everything that I had hoped for from Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WM20: two beefy motherfuckers knocking each other around and even adding some psychology.

I know some also really glowed about his match against Mysterio in January 2006, although I never saw it due to my viewing of that period being really inconsistent because of how much I hated Edsploitation.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

To me there's just nothing Henry does as well as or better than any of the contemporary strongmen/giants of his time.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

famicommander wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Very, very low bar for the HOF. Of course, Godfather and Jim Duggan and Koko B Ware and Greg Valentine are in there too. Not to mention the freakshow celebrity wing.
Hoo boy....

Anyway, Henry at least gets props for his perseverance. A decade of injuries and awful storylines before finally emerging as a main-eventer.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Last edited by Reaper G on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Give me Styles vs Bryan in the main event of Wrestlemania 35
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Nakamura v Bryan at Summerslam plz. I still hope he leaves for NJPW/Indies though.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Jeff Hardy was training at the Performance Center this past week. That would indicate they are expecting him back shortly and his DUI arrest is not factoring into things.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/excl ... g-schedule

Interesting notes from the schedule leak:

Money in the Bank is now part of the Big 5 with a Takeover the day before, but is still clearly #5 on the priority chart as Chicago is NOT hosting the follow-up episodes of Raw and SmackDown. Perhaps this is because attendance could be absolutely dreadful to expect 4 consecutive days of commitment on Father's Day weekend.

International TV dates don't appear to be listed. Per Ticketmaster, Montreal is hosting TV on April 30 and May 1; Toronto is hosting TV on August 27 and 28. There's no listing yet for November 5 and 6 which tends to be in the UK region.

On September 1, the same day as All In, WWE has an event at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai. Potential WWE Network sabotage broadcast?

SmackDown 1000 is in Washington, DC. Perhaps someone that is a DC native, SmackDown legend, and current Guardian of the Galaxy is tentatively negotiating to return on this show?

There is no listing for SmackDown on December 11, which is the go-home week for San Jose's Clash of Champions event. Raw on December 10 is listed for Las Vegas so a West Coast/Southwest location is obvious.

There are no listings for the TV on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day. Chicago and NYC have events listed for December 26.

There are no listings for the TV on New Year's Eve 2018 and New Year's Day 2019. In fact, no events are listed at all from December 31 to January 6.

Both TV dates for the Royal Rumble 2019 go-home week are in Dallas. This makes me even more confident that my prediction will be confirmed that week, which is that AT&T Stadium will host WrestleMania 36 in 2020. (Prediction based on the assumption that Ronda Rousey is signed on a 3-year deal that ends on WrestleMania 37 weekend, which is when both new stadiums in Las Vegas and Los Angeles will be ready to host WrestleMania.)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
With Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day falling on Monday and Tuesdays, they are going to be taping those four shows ahead of time. At this point it looks like 12/17 in Sacramento and 12/18 in Fresno will be double tapings. It looks like 12/29 in either Buffalo or Pittsburgh and 12/30 in Tampa will be tapings for the next weeks' Raw and Smackdown. There will be a 1/21 and 1/22 taping both in Dallas. The schedule is really sketchy when it comes to house shows as far as late in the year and next year, and most dates listed are PPV shows, Raws, Smackdowns, Takeovers and NXT tapings, so it's not clear whether they will come back with a Starrcade show over Thanksgiving weekend in the Carolinas.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

POTENTIAL WRESTLEMANIA 36/37 SCOOP

DESKTOP - http://www.startribune.com/who-s-in-the ... 478360243/

MOBILE - http://m.startribune.com/index.php/who- ... 478360243/
Here’s a sample from the MSFA’s year-round report, with client and guest, affiliation and reason...

Curt Hawkins & others, World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Potential WrestleMania in 2020 or 2021.
Wrestlenomics Radio time stamp 1:33:14.

Wrestlenomics Radio discusses the following topic - "WrestleMania coming to Minnesota?"

https://audioboom.com/posts/6765299-wre ... lw-tv-deal
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WWE is really driving this Steen/Generico fired storyline home as they've allowed the re-launch of Kevin's PWT store.

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/steen
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/new ... untys.html
WWE is planning the host cities for the event between 2021 through 2025, but the best chance to land the event may be 2023 or 2025, based on the convention center's availability, Jason Siegel, CEO of the Central Florida Sports Commission, told county leaders at the April 9 meeting.
KingOfHinor

Post by KingOfHinor »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 pm WWE is really driving this Steen/Generico fired storyline home as they've allowed the re-launch of Kevin's PWT store.

I love it, let them make a little extra on the side, and push Kayfabe too.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

KingOfHinor wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:23 am
dhads7161 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 pm WWE is really driving this Steen/Generico fired storyline home as they've allowed the re-launch of Kevin's PWT store.

I love it, let them make a little extra on the side, and push Kayfabe too.
The Panda Bear Kevin Steen Enthusiast shirt is available for purchase again which is why I love this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »