The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
lariat_tubman

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by lariat_tubman »

So good show tonight. Loved Cesaro/Ziggler and the main event, everything else was good.
chaos X effect

Post by chaos X effect »

No complaints from me, either. Looking forward to Bray explaining himself tomorrow.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'm in the middle on this one. Some stuff was good, but there were a few things that weren't as good as they could be.

-I really liked Cesaro/Ziggler. Awesome stuff, and the first fall was the type of wrestling we don't usually get to see in WWE. It was a great match but didn't reach it's potential since it didn't go to the third fall, which is disappointing. I think another 5-10 min third fall could have put it in discussion for MOTY, but unfortunately that didn't pan out.

-Nikki vs Brie was quite enjoyable. It's nice to see the vast improvement the Bellas have made over the past year in regards to actual wrestling.

-Cena vs Orton was about what I expected, and what we've seen before. The match was fine, and Cena winning is logical given the finish of his last title attempt. It really didn't need to be in a Cell though. Without the Cell it would not of had to live up to the higher expectations, and having this type of match in there devalues the HIAC stip as a whole.

-Rollins vs Ambrose had quite a few cool things, and I liked a lot of it. I'm not a huge fan of doing huge spots right off the bat though. Nothing else in the match can live up to what we already saw at the start of the match. I thought this would cap off their feud, but with the bizarre ending it left an unsatisfying outcome to their feud once again and was a bit anti-climactic from that standpoint. Seriously awesome special effects though!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

All right! Time for the strap to go back on Cena!

(The only way I'll accept this is if Rollins cashes in right away and wins.)
I am cosmetically pleasing.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

I feel that enjoyable is a good way to describe WWE PPVs lately. Like they are pleasant to watch but they aren't anything I'll remember by the time the next one rolls around.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

That's what happened when you have similar cards PPV after PPV and multiple versions of the same match on TV before said PPV. Lately :

- AJ vs. Paige
- A random mix of Cesaro, Miz, Sheamus, Ziggler for the midcard belts
- Rusev vs. American of the month
- The tag champions vs. challengers of the month
- Some kind of Bella twins match
- Some kind of Ambrose vs. Rollins "match"/segment
- Some kind of Cena vs. The Authority/Lesnar match
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

That Taker/Sting promo. Oh my fucking God. omgomgomg
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I made the mistake of watching PWG all day and then turned into the PPV for the main event. I was seriously underwhelmed. The ending totally broke my ability to say anything nice about the main event. I kinda feel like WWE style is just guys lying around waiting to hit their next spot.
boourns

Post by boourns »

you mean selling?
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

I think WWE outdid PWG in no-selling last night. Two guys fell 20 feet off a cage through tables and were fighting a match 5 minutes later, it was amazing.
chaos X effect

Post by chaos X effect »

Randy Orton looked awesome in the opening segment tonight.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

lariat_tubman wrote:I think WWE outdid PWG in no-selling last night. Two guys fell 20 feet off a cage through tables and were fighting a match 5 minutes later, it was amazing.

Yeah, that was my problem, too. The selling in the main event wasn't really selling...no matter what move was hit, there was 5 minutes of lying around until the next move. Falling off the cage should have ended the match, but 5 minutes later both guys were up like nothing happened. It's kinda boring.

The thing that really pissed me off is both Ambrose and Rollins have produced much, much better matches. Ambrose in particular should have thrived in the cell. But it was just kinda boring up until the shit finish.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Rollins has to be down for MVP of the WWE right now.

The "weak link" of the shield has been thriving and grown leaps and bounds. The amount of improvement in such a short time is astounding. Talk about taking the ball and running with it. The show is practically written around him right now. He must be gaining fans backstage
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Rollins has been severely toned-down in the ring and if he's going to continue to cut main event length promos, I believe he'd be best suited as "Diet Punk," an arrogant prick that has a chip on his shoulder, but without the longwinded ranting and attempts to be really psychological. The guy was already established as a phenomenal in-ring troll during the Shield, talking shit during matches like he was Richard Sherman.
boourns

Post by boourns »

lariat_tubman wrote:I think WWE outdid PWG in no-selling last night. Two guys fell 20 feet off a cage through tables and were fighting a match 5 minutes later, it was amazing.
Wasn't there a thumbtack sueprkick and a 450 splash on a trash can against the WINNING team of the tag title match at Eleven?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

supersonic wrote:Rollins has been severely toned-down in the ring and if he's going to continue to cut main event length promos, I believe he'd be best suited as "Diet Punk," an arrogant prick that has a chip on his shoulder, but without the longwinded ranting and attempts to be really psychological. The guy was already established as a phenomenal in-ring troll during the Shield, talking shit during matches like he was Richard Sherman.
Despite being "toned down" I personally feel that his heel matches have been all real good - stellar. And I see much of the same being said on other forums. Rollins is wrestling like a heel should. He's the HBK of this era.

In my own humble opinion of course.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The pacing has really slowed especially in the first 2/3 of his matches.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

Rollins' star has been in the rise since the Shield face turn vs. Evolution. I felt like Rollins was the odd wheel in the Shield, and was treated as an "also-ran" within the faction, and didn't have too much of a character - whereas Ambrose was labelled "unstable," and Reigns was the "juggernaut." But, Rollins stepped out of the shadow of his arguably more popular teammates during the Shield's teased break up. The promo where Rollins brokered peace between Ambrose and Reigns was really the start of his rise, imo.

'Course, the guy has always been a solid, all-around wrestler. He works extremely well as the smarmy, spoiled brat of the Authority, and no one else in the Shield could have pulled that off.

The sky's the limit for Rollins.

Aside: I wish the Ambrose/Rollins match at HIAC had a real ending. The feud was built up as so deeply personal the feud deserved to be resolved.
supersonic wrote:The pacing has really slowed especially in the first 2/3 of his matches.
They probably don't want him to fuck himself up. Rollins always went full-tilt. They might as well protect him if he continues to be the center of attention.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I was presuming that Rollins is probably really hurting. I'm expecting some insanity from him at Levi's Stadium. One can be a spectacular athlete and still rub some people the wrong way, you can simply look at the QB who calls that stadium home. Other examples include Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, and Bryce Harper.