The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DieHard

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by DieHard »

WWE SIGNS TOP WEST COAST TALENT
By Mike Johnson on 2014-05-19 08:49:00

WWE has signed Willie Mack (real name Willie McClinton Jr.) to a developmental deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.
Mack has been a regular on the California independent scene since 2006, most notably wrestling for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. He's got a ton of charisma and is really entertaining. This is a great signing in my opinion.
Good for Mack. Hopefully that means Steen has a chance too.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Good for Willie Mack!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Feed him to Rusev.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Cesaro vs. Sheamus ***
Enjoyable stiff brawl, despite the non-finish. Exactly what you'd expect from these two.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mike Johnson retracts Willie Mack report.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Minnesota's new stadium, set to open for the 2016 NFL season, has been selected to host Super Bowl LII. I suspect that site will be picked for WrestleMania XXIII so WWE can have the bragging rights of its show being there first.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

supersonic wrote:Minnesota's new stadium, set to open for the 2016 NFL season, has been selected to host Super Bowl LII. I suspect that site will be picked for WrestleMania XXIII so WWE can have the bragging rights of its show being there first.
Well I live about 10 minutes from where the new stadium is going up so I'd be more than up for that!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Minnesota's new stadium, set to open for the 2016 NFL season, has been selected to host Super Bowl LII. I suspect that site will be picked for WrestleMania XXIII so WWE can have the bragging rights of its show being there first.
lol that was in Detroit. Close though (same NFL Division).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

Great news. Willie Mack is fantastic. Curious to see how that ends up.

Kind of bitter about Drake Younger being a referee. I get why, but I still dislike it.

As for Steen, the guy deserves it. He's been among the hottest guys on the indy scene for years. The guy has everything to make it.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

I hope we get a Super Bowl played in snow. I love those games.

The years I've followed the NFL, I've noticed the Super Bowl tends to be played in a hotter climate.

The games played in the freezing cold are so awesome. I would love to see a Super Bowl played in these conditions.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHdk wrote:

The years I've followed the NFL, I've noticed the Super Bowl tends to be played in a hotter climate.

The games played in the freezing cold are so awesome. I would love to see a Super Bowl played in these conditions.
Not go off topic, but the new Vikings Stadium has a roof. It's an indoor stadium.

Back to WWE, I actually like the stipulation they added to Evolution vs. The Shield at Payback.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ROHdk wrote:

That'll never happen. It's about creating an overall neutral environment for teams from any market, and also creating a vacation for both tourists and the media.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

I suspected that. :( If the Super Bowl is in a freezing cold city, fans will not go as much out as they would in a city where the weather is good. And if fans stay at the hotel, they'll spend less money etc. I can see if the NFL would fear that. But still a shame IMO.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer wrote:The deal with Kurt Angle and WWE, and this is why there was no response from WWE to him the last time his contract was due, is that after being scared in 2006, Vince McMahon made the call that no matter what, there was not going to be an Olympic gold medalist dying on WWE’s watch. It perhaps was overblown when people said he was on death watch, but even before Benoit, and far more since, the issue has been, even if the chance was slim, this, at least a few years ago, was simply a risk McMahon wasn’t willing to take. They were already starting to push Angle’s comeback on Impact this week, saying it’s a five month countdown which would be mid-October. That would be after his deal expires, so maybe they’ve made the call they’ll keep him, figuring if they don’t sign him he may end up with Jeff Jarrett. Then again, given how they pushed Hogan and Styles at the end and didn’t sign them, especially Styles, what would be considered basic pro wrestling television logic doesn’t exactly apply here.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For what it's worth, apparently WWE is interested in Kota Ibushi...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

According to which credible reporter?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:According to which credible reporter?
The place I saw it reported from had the Observer listed as a partial source though it could be totally wrong since where I got it from has thus far been the only place I've seen it...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer reported it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So no worries then. It's a valid report.