The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Mike0284

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Mike0284 »

boourns wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAhxhIHdpM

Great video about Connor "The Crusher" Michalek, the young Daniel Bryan fan that recently passed away.
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

Am I the only one that noticed QT Marshall as the guy in the rainbow wig during Adam Rose's debut? It was hilarious.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

ROHIsWrestling wrote:Am I the only one that noticed QT Marshall as the guy in the rainbow wig during Adam Rose's debut? It was hilarious.
Haha, yes. He was at ER too.

MOOSE!
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

DieHard wrote:
ROHIsWrestling wrote:Am I the only one that noticed QT Marshall as the guy in the rainbow wig during Adam Rose's debut? It was hilarious.
Haha, yes. He was at ER too.

That's fantastic! lol Did he sign a developmental deal with WWE?
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

So it wasn't just me.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Dean Ambrose vs. Ryback vs. Curtis Axel vs. Alberto Del Rio ***

Fun match, with the heels looking better than they usually do.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Haha okay if QT is going to start popping up on WWE TV randomly I have to start paying closer attention!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

This stood out in today's Observer, and it's incredibly obvious that Batista leaks info:
There were stories going around that Batista didn’t want to put Bryan over because of his size, but I don’t know if that’s the case, because that would contradict his feelings on the guy from the start. When Bryan was first in WWE and he was getting squashed by the top guys most of the time (not all the time), Batista was supposed to squash him on Raw, and insisted on giving Bryan a lot of the match and letting him look great. He refused to squash him because he saw the guy had talent.
boourns

Post by boourns »

supersonic wrote:This stood out in today's Observer, and it's incredibly obvious that Batista leaks info:
There were stories going around that Batista didn’t want to put Bryan over because of his size, but I don’t know if that’s the case, because that would contradict his feelings on the guy from the start. When Bryan was first in WWE and he was getting squashed by the top guys most of the time (not all the time), Batista was supposed to squash him on Raw, and insisted on giving Bryan a lot of the match and letting him look great. He refused to squash him because he saw the guy had talent.
Batista said this in an interview with a magazine months ago. Doesn't sound like a leak really.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

boourns wrote:
supersonic wrote:This stood out in today's Observer, and it's incredibly obvious that Batista leaks info:
Batista said this in an interview with a magazine months ago. Doesn't sound like a leak really.
Meltzer & Alvarez go really soft on him at times, spinning things in his favor, so that makes it obvious.
boourns

Post by boourns »

I dunno if it makes leaks obvious if their info is from a magazine from March. Maybe Batista isn't as bad as people think?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

boourns wrote:I dunno if it makes leaks obvious if their info is from a magazine from March. Maybe Batista isn't as bad as people think?
That's impossible, Batista sucks and we should all hate him very much and only say bad things about him.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

jordidebaas wrote:
boourns wrote:I dunno if it makes leaks obvious if their info is from a magazine from March. Maybe Batista isn't as bad as people think?
That's impossible, Batista sucks and we should all hate him very much and only say bad things about him.
He's so terrible, he'd pull over to help someone with a flat, then put bullets in the other three tires.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Batista saw me walking with a limp before I went to play a game of basketball and he told me to "break a leg."
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

TYFDK wrote:Batista saw me walking with a limp before I went to play a game of basketball and he told me to "break a leg."
Hah! That's pretty funny. Dick move, but funny.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

Does Randy Orton ever wear pants?
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Speaking of Batista, I saw the match listing for his new DVD/blu-ray. It looks great IMO. But I'm also a sucker for unreleased matches on home video.

Yeah, I know most of the matches are probably not that good. I just love when DVDs only have a few repeats on them.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I'm of the opinion that if a DVD is a person's career anthology, it should have their most famous bouts on it, repeats be damned. Hart vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 13, for example, should have been on Stone Cold's 3 disc set from a few years back even though it was already on the Hart DVD. Most people don't buy enough DVD sets for repeat matches to be a huge issue.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Hornswoggle vs. El Torito **1/2
Way too much fun. I almost feel guilty, but I really enjoyed this.

Jack Swagger vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro ***
Swagger looked like the star here to me. I really like him, and hope he stays featured. I think Cesaro is better, but Swagger should still be featured in a strong upper midcard position. Or another tag team.

Alexander Rusev vs. Truth & Woods *
Solid extended squash. I'm still undecided on Rusev. Not keen on the going so Russia vs. USA with him when he's not even Russian.

Good promo by Evolution. I think Evolution reuniting has been great for all three.

Big E vs. Bad News Barrett **1/2
Remember when Big E was getting/looking like he was going to get a huge push around the change of year. That died. Match was solid, if not spectacular.

Evolution vs. The Shield ****
Definitely my personally most anticipated match of the show. It delivered. Really, really great, adding to another string of tremendous matches Shield has been having as of late. I'd say it was probably a shade blow their match with the Wyatt's from Main Event, but that just shows how damn good The Shield's quality of matches have been so far this year. If I was being really picky, I'd say that the crowd could have been better. They were decent, but I'd have hoped for them being great.

Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena **
Man they've completely ruined this feud. Cena made Wyatt look so weak here, even in victory. If you'd have had Wyatt go over Cena clean in this one you have an immediate validated contender for Bryan. As it is you have Cena taking a "loss" yet looking stronger than ever, and Wyatt, the guy who this feud is supposed to be building up to a main event star, looking like a chump. Cena always says he loves working with young guys, but every up and coming heel he's worked with over the last few years has killed all their momentum. Miz, R-Truth, Del Rio, Ziggler and Ryback, all just in the last few years. They go into their feud really hot, then sink down afterwards. Wyatt seems to be the next on that list. Bryan and Punk are the exceptions. At this point in his career, Cena doesn't need wins to look strong. He doesn't need to win every feud.

Paige vs. Tamina Snuka *3/4
Fine for the time given, but nothing great.

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan ***3/4
Good brawl, and a better match than I expected. Flaming table wasn't something I expected to see, so that was cool. It's about as good a match as you can hope for from Kane at this point in his career. It was good, and a solid main event, but a rematch really isn't needed.

Overall it was a solid show. Bryan-Kane and Evolution-Shield were very good, WeeLC was a lot of fun, and the three way was good, but the rest was skippable. The crowd could have been better too.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

BigTChamp wrote:I'm of the opinion that if a DVD is a person's career anthology, it should have their most famous bouts on it, repeats be damned. Hart vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 13, for example, should have been on Stone Cold's 3 disc set from a few years back even though it was already on the Hart DVD. Most people don't buy enough DVD sets for repeat matches to be a huge issue.
I respect that. When it comes to Randy Ortons DVD set, I really felt it missed a very important match from his career. His first world heavyweight title win from Summerslam 2004. The opponent was Benoit, so that explains it. Such a shame.