The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Mike Adamle

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Mike Adamle »

Here are my Adamle Original 2013 Survivor Series Ratings:

Pre-Show Match- The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston **1/2
Match 1- 10 Man Tag Elimination Match- The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, & Seth Rollins) & The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger) vs. The Rhodes Brothers (Cody Rhodes & Goldust), Rey Mysterio, & The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso) ****1/4
Match 2- WWE Intercontinental Title Match- Big E Langston (C) vs. Curtis Axel **
Match 3- 14 Woman Tag Elimination Match- The Total Divas (Natalya, The Bella Twins (Brie Bella & Nikki Bella), Planet Funk (Cameron & Naomi), Eva Marie, & JoJo vs. The True Divas (AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes, Aksana, & Summer Rae) **1/2
Match 4- Mark Henry vs. Ryback *
Match 5- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match- John Cena (C) vs. Alberto Del Rio ***3/4
Match 6- Tag Team Match- CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family (Erick Rowan & Luke Harper) ***
Match 7/Main Event- WWE Title Match- Randy Orton (C) vs. Big Show **

This show is passable. The Pre-show match was a good intro. The opener was great and an awesome way to start the show. Big E and Axel then killed the crowd with their snoozer. The diva's match started out pretty shitty but got decent towards the end. Was happy to see Mark Henry back, but man Ryback sure does suck. Cena and Del Rio had another good match, although I feel like it was the same exact one they had at HIAC. Punk & Bryan vs. The Wyatts wasn't bad, wasn't really great either though. And Orton vs. Show was as good as it could've been. Why they are main eventing 2013 Survivor Series doesn't really makes sense to me but whatever, I'm just glad it's over with.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

Survivor Series was another poor show. WWE have really fallen off the wagon since Summerslam, is that when the creative guy who was supposedly coming up with all the good stuff left?

Anyway my match ratings:

Rhodes Family/Usos/Mysterio vs. Shield/Real Americans - ***3/4
Langston vs. Axel - **
Diva's Match - **
Henry vs. Ryback - *1/2 (Henry's back though!)
Cena vs. ADR - ***
Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatts - ***1/4
Orton vs. Big Show - 1/2*

Opener was sweet, everything else ranged from bad to okay with the main event being awful. Not looking forward to the Unification match at TLC either.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WWE have really fallen off the wagon since Summerslam, is that when the creative guy who was supposedly coming up with all the good stuff left?
Yes.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

While they aren't as good as they were in the summer, the wrestling is still great. The Tag Team Division is top notch at the moment. Rhodes', Real Americans, GOATs, Usos, Wyatt Family and Shield are having MOTN after MOTN.

The RTWM should be bossy as hell. REIGNS PUSH, returns of Christian, Sheamus, Lesnar, Taker, Bryan's pay-off to his Solid B+ storyline and lots of things to look forward to.
MOOSE!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'm looking forward to the Slammys as the majority, if not ALL, of us here in the 206 chant "Daniel Bryan" and "Let's go Seahawks!" during the go-home Cena/Orton/Authority segment.

Also, maybe Seattle can get blamed that night when Cowboys vs. Bears crushes Raw in the ratings, just like somehow it's our fault WM19 got a bad buyrate.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

Well if you would chant someone else's name then none of this would happen!

At least the negative fan reaction got them to drop the Wyatts kidnap Daniel Bryan story. Now if they would take the next step and give us what we want. Be real interesting to see who wins the Royal Rumble. I keep having this nightmarish vision of Cena or Orton winning it again.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DieHard wrote:While they aren't as good as they were in the summer, the wrestling is still great. The Tag Team Division is top notch at the moment. Rhodes', Real Americans, GOATs, Usos, Wyatt Family and Shield are having MOTN after MOTN.

The RTWM should be bossy as hell. REIGNS PUSH, returns of Christian, Sheamus, Lesnar, Taker, Bryan's pay-off to his Solid B+ storyline and lots of things to look forward to.
ohhhhh how cute, you really think there will be a pay-off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Recall

Post by Recall »

Just finished watching the Money in the Bank Anthology boxset.

Key:
* = Nothing Match
*1/4 = Horrid
*1/2 = Awful
*3/4 = Poor
** = Below Average
**1/4 = Satisfactory
**1/2 = Average
**3/4 = Decent
*** = Good
***1/4 = Quite Good
***1/2 = Very Good
***3/4 = Great
**** = Excellent
****1/4 = Amazing
****1/2 = Outstanding
****3/4 = Near Perfect
***** = Perfection

Straight to the Top: Money in the Bank Ladder Match Anthology.
DISC 1
1) Wrestlemania 21 (3rd April 2005) – Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane ****1/2
2) Wrestlemania 22 (2nd April 2006) – Matt Hardy vs. Ric Flair vs. Finlay vs. RVD vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Shelton Benjamin ***
3) Wrestlemania 23 (1st April 2007) – Jeff Hardy vs. Booker T vs. Finlay vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge ***3/4
4) Wrestlemania 24 (30th March 2008) – Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Carlito vs. CM Punk vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy ****
5) Wrestlemania 25 (5th April 2009) – CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Christian vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Mark Henry ***1/2

DISC 2
6) Wrestlemania 26 (28th March 2010) – Kane vs. Christian vs. Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntrye vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler ***
7) Money in the Bank 2010 (18th July 2010) – Big Show vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Code Rhodes ***3/4
8) Money in the Bank 2010 (18th July 2010) – Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne vs. Mark Henry vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz vs. Ted DiBiase ***1/4
9) Money in the Bank 2011 (17th July 2011) – Kane vs. Sin Cara vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater ****1/4

DISC 3
10) Money in the Bank 2011 (17th July 2011) – Rey Mysterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Alex Riley vs. Evan Bourne vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger ***
11) Money in the Bank 2012 (15th July 2012) – Christian vs. Sin Cara vs. Santino Marella vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Tensai vs. Damien Sandow ***1/4
12) Money in the Bank 2012 (15th July 2012) – John Cena vs. Kane vs. Big Show vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz ***1/4
13) Money in the Bank 2013 (14th July 2013) – Cody Rhodes vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Wade Barrett vs. Damien Sandow vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Fandango ***1/2
14) Money in the Bank 2013 (14th July 2013) – CM Punk vs. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Christian vs. RVD ***3/4

Overall: What made for a quality Money in the Bank match wasn’t the spots, as after watching all the matches you really begin to see diminishing returns but what made an impact was the build up or more importantly how those spots were set up along with the psychology, in what helped divide the entertaining and the genuinely great. Some matches were horrendously sloppy with everything just going wrong, matches 10 and 11 were extreme candidates of this but even with the fuck ups the crowd were entertained and there was still something enjoyable to take from them be it the finish or some big bumps.

As a box set it sort of kills the entire thrilling nature of the match as you’ve literally seen it all. Regardless it was a fun watch and easily worth a pick up if you haven’t seen many Money in the Bank matches or want to have them all in one collection. Just try and space out the viewings as watching through them all in one sitting ruined the spectacle.
In your honour.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
DieHard wrote:While they aren't as good as they were in the summer, the wrestling is still great. The Tag Team Division is top notch at the moment. Rhodes', Real Americans, GOATs, Usos, Wyatt Family and Shield are having MOTN after MOTN.

ohhhhh how cute, you really think there will be a pay-off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, it seems like Shield attacked Punk for talking trash to HHH, and the Bray is obviously working with the Authority somehow. It makes sense. Probably Bryan vs Punk or Bryan vs HHH at WM.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

PWInsider is apparently reporting that Adam Pearce is going to be a guest trainer at the WWE Performance Center sometime soon. Hopefully this leads to bigger things for him. I still don't understand why TNA didn't pick up Pearce when they had the chance with his GutCheck Appearance. Missed out on a great talent.
JSP

Post by JSP »

DieHard wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:

Well, it seems like Shield attacked Punk for talking trash to HHH, and the Bray is obviously working with the Authority somehow. It makes sense. Probably Bryan vs Punk or Bryan vs HHH at WM.
Never doubt WWE's ability to fuck up a sure thing. How you think they've handled Bryan's story anywhere close to decent is crazy to me.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

The RTWM should be bossy as hell. REIGNS PUSH, returns of Christian, Sheamus, Lesnar, Taker, Bryan's pay-off to his Solid B+ storyline and lots of things to look forward to.[/quote]
ohhhhh how cute, you really think there will be a pay-off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Well, it seems like Shield attacked Punk for talking trash to HHH, and the Bray is obviously working with the Authority somehow. It makes sense. Probably Bryan vs Punk or Bryan vs HHH at WM.[/quote]

Never doubt WWE's ability to fuck up a sure thing. How you think they've handled Bryan's story anywhere close to decent is crazy to me.[/quote]
Never said it.....
MOOSE!
JSP

Post by JSP »

Okay then, since you're apparently unable to infer, let me re-state: How you can be optimistic for that storyline after WWE has given Bryan absolutely nothing since Summerslam is crazy to me.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I predicted that Cena would somehow be the top guy to end this story after Summerslam. For good reason I don't watch. [cornette]
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

I tried the whole "wait and see" attitude post-SummerSlam, but Hell in a Cell and the months of putrid booking leading up to it showed me that I once again had WAY too much faith in WWE creative by giving them the benefit of the doubt.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DieHard wrote:Bray is obviously working with the Authority somehow.
If this is what ends up happening, it would completely kill Bray as a character. It really wouldn't make sense for him to take orders from a higher power. HE should be the higher power, thats why he has his followers.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Agree with the thought that Bryan has been wasted since Summerslam. Hard to believe it could have been cocked up so badly, actually.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston **1/2

The Shield & Real Americans vs. The Usos, Rhodes Brothers & Mysterio ***1/2

Big E Langston vs. Curtis Axel **1/4

Total Divas vs. True Divas *3/4

Mark Henry vs. Ryback *1/2

John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio ***1/2

Wyatt Family vs. Bryan & Punk ***1/2

Randy Orton vs. Big Show **

Very lackluster PPV.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Bryan will win the Royal Rumble.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

It's between Bryan, Punk and Lesnar for me.