The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
bik100

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by bik100 »

I couldn't stop laughing at how much of a chump Bray Wyatt looked like last night.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Fuck Triple H.

That is all :D
brian

Post by brian »

:lol: they are pretty much giving Generico's gimmick to two other guys
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE RIGHT.

Both gimmicks say "Ole!". This is awful. How could they do this to Generico. It's total plagiarism.
brian

Post by brian »

settle down, I don't even care, I just find it funny that so many people got so worked up when they repackaged him and here we are several months later and there are two guys that have 3 staples of that gimmick (mask, mexican, ole).
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Sin Cara is Mexican and wears a mask. Did they steal from Generico for him too?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Jeremy wrote:Sin Cara is Mexican and wears a mask. Did they steal from Generico for him too?
I'm pretty sure they both stole everything from Matt Classic. I believe he was the first true luchadore, since he was wrestling in Mexico before it declared its independence.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

They didn't outright say they're Mexican. Toreros are more popular in Spain, although it does exist in Mexico. I like comedy gimmicks but I just think it sucks they take Puerto Ricans and do that type of gimmick just because they speak Spanish. It bothers me when the WWE misrepresents cultures they don't give a shit about. Just like when they had Primo and Epico come out wearing Cholo clothes during the short lived stable with Hunico. They had them wearing Mexican ponchos at one point too. Or when they had Los Boricuas in a Chicano style lowrider. Just ignorant and embarrassing. I wouldn't be as insulted if it wasn't so common with them. But as they become more politically correct with some things, you'd think they'd get better with this type of stuff. Maybe I'm just overreacting but it strikes a chord with me. Hits close to home.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Primo and Epico are Los Matadores...I'm very happy about this!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Very good RAW. The wrestling wasn't amazing (even tho I enjoyed the first match, the handicap matches and PTP/RA). The storyline with "Corporation" and Bryan is fucking aweosme so far. Great promo with DB and Steph in the opening segment, and I loved the one that closed the show as well. The Shield is an interesting addition to the group. Everything involved this storyline was very well done. Can't wait for next week.
MOOSE!
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

Damn,I'm now wishing I'd ordered Summerlam live after seeing Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Cena. Both **** plus matches, and so much fun for different reasons. I loved the stiffness of the strikes Punk and Brock threw at each other, as well as the impact of the UFC champions slams and powerbombs. I swear, Lesnar looks so natural in the ring and I couldn't agree more with JBL when he said Brock makes no wasted motions. The guy is THE most believable wrestlers in the business, and is one of the few acts that makes me forget what I'm watching is scripted entertainment. I mean look at those chair shots, Lesnar sold the delivery as much as Punk sold the reaction. These two had serious chemistry, and worked the plucky babyface vs monster heel perfectly.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Unless El Generico ripped off Tito Santana first, I don't really see the connection.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

8/19/2013 viewership

Hour 1 - 4,076,000
Hour 2 - 4,485,000
Hour 3 - 4,333,000

NFL pre-season on ESPN did 5,575,000

Let's hope that Punk and Danielson don't get the blame if (oh, who am I kidding, WHEN) the NFL causes ratings to fall, just like when Cena was out with injury in autumn of 2008 which got HBK and Jericho on top of the card but were blamed for business falling.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Goldberg may work a match and get inducted in New Orleans next spring. Rock appears to not be back until 2015, and Austin is saying for now he's not interested in doing anymore matches.

Since Punk and Bryan are both fresh babyfaces, it's best to not turn them heel anytime soon, so I'd book Goldberg vs. Orton, HHH vs. Cena, Taker vs. Lesnar, and Punk vs. Bryan for the WWE title.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sunday Night Football games going head to head with WWE PPVs this year. Let's hope Punk and Bryan get some slack from the office on buyrates (and also tickets on 11/24.) Hopefully Cena doesn't get too much credit when he comes back right when the NFL playoffs have started.

9/15 - SF @ SEA (Night of Champions)
10/6 - HOU @ SF (Battleground)
10/27 - GB @ MIN (Hell in a Cell)
11/24 - DEN @ NE (Survivor Series - being held in Boston)
12/15 - CIN @ PIT
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Goldberg? Hm....
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

Goldberg vs. Brock II is the logical match right? Goldberg vs Ryback, rights to the gimmick battle. There we go. [cornette]
It'll end up versus Heath Slater, watch.

Seriously, WWE is screwed with the NFL season starting. Sunday Night football vs a $50 PPV? Monday Night football vs. 3 hour Raw? Yikes. NFL is the king of sports in America right now. The World Series gets killed whenever it is up against a NFL game.

For WM30 I imagine the current plan is Lesnar/Taker or Punk, HHH/Bryan, and Cena/Orton or Taker. Seems like every year though Cena/Taker gets rumored as a possible match at 'Mania.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Now that you mention MNF, I'll post those games too:

9/9 - PHI @ WAS, followed by HOU @ SD
9/16 - PIT @ CIN
9/23 - OAK @ DEN
9/30 - MIA @ NO
10/7 - NYJ @ ATL
10/14 - IND @ SD
10/21 - MIN @ NYG
10/28 - SEA @ STL
11/4 - CHI @ GB
11/11 - MIA @ TB
11/18 - NE @ CAR
11/25 - SF @ WAS
12/2 - NO @ SEA
12/9 - DAL @ CHI
12/16 - BAL @ DET
12/23 - ATL @ SF

Not many gems on paper, although SF @ WAS and ATL @ SF are OMG, plus NO @ SEA is a potentially delicious matchup.
Last edited by supersonic on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Great SD. Christian vs ADR was almost as good as their SS match and Bryan vs Barrett was really good. Bryan's new finisher is wicked.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Which one is Bryan's new finisher?