The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by McXal »

Sigh...it was a little too predictable that they Money in the Bank'd him...and Cena really loudly saying 'it doesn't matter, it's in the books' when he shook Dragons hand all but confirmed it...

But still a great match. And seeing Danielson win the WWE Title was surreal and strangely emotional. So happy for him
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I'M MARKING OUT BRO

Wow. What a show. What a way to end it. WOW!
MOOSE!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Yeah it was awesome seeing Dragon hold the belt... the few minutes it lasted! Fuck this company!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

WWE Summerslam 2013 Review:

Ambrose/RVD - **3/4
Kane/Wyatt - **
Rhodes/Sandow - ***
Christian/ADR - ****
Brock Lesnar/CM Punk - *****
Mix Tag - N/R (I needed a break after Lesnar/Punk lol)
Bryan/Cena - ****1/4

DAT ENDING: *****

Overall: 8.75/10. This is what I'm talking about.
MOOSE!
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Fuck this company!
As well as TNA!
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

It may just be me, but between all the injuries (didn't he hurt himself by pounding on the mat once?), suspensions, and Triple H constantly beating him, I can never take Orton seriously.

How many times has Triple H made Orton look like a chump?

Unforgiven 2004. Royal Rumble 2005. No Mercy 2007. Backlash 2008. Judgment Day 2008. At One Night Stand 2008, Triple H put Orton out for months. And again at WrestleMania 25.

It's with people like Orton that I realize just how important booking can be.
sparksky

Post by sparksky »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Yeah it was awesome seeing Dragon hold the belt... the few minutes it lasted! Fuck this company!
But it verified how over Bryan is, and it's now a question of WHEN, not IF he beats Orton. And he will be MADE for good.

I can't wait to see it.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

I think the "fuck this company" line of thinking is a bit overboard. Seems like they're about to tell a good story here. I mean, the WWE oftentimes disappoints, and big shows ending in a screwjob isn't usually my bag, but I'm willing to give them a shot with this. If their true goal is to make Dragon the top face, then him chasing Orton and winning will be the best payoff.

Danielson pinned Cena clean with a move that wasn't even established prior to the match. That's a huge deal and shows what the WWE thinks of Bryan as a performer and star.

To tie it all back to ROH and NOAH, now we've got former rivals sharing moves. KENTA's been doing the Lebell Lock, and it looks like Danielson is going to use the Busaiku Knee Kick moving forward. Pretty cool.
JSP

Post by JSP »

DieHard wrote:WWE Summerslam 2013 Review:

Ambrose/RVD - **3/4
Kane/Wyatt - **
Rhodes/Sandow - ***
Christian/ADR - ****
Brock Lesnar/CM Punk - *****
Mix Tag - N/R (I needed a break after Lesnar/Punk lol)
Bryan/Cena - ****1/4

DAT ENDING: *****

Overall: 8.75/10. This is what I'm talking about.
Thank God an indy fan sees LOGIC in this situation instead of persecuting the company because their boy Bryan didn't walk out with the title. This starts a SCORCHING program right out of the gate. Wrestling is the heel getting his comeuppance. That's logic! The ending was perfect. I'm aching to see RAW tomorrow.
JSP

Post by JSP »

McXal wrote:Sigh...it was a little too predictable that they Money in the Bank'd him...and Cena really loudly saying 'it doesn't matter, it's in the books' when he shook Dragons hand all but confirmed it...

But still a great match. And seeing Danielson win the WWE Title was surreal and strangely emotional. So happy for him
Predictable wrestling a lot of the time is the best kind. It starts a good story, and Bryan is a TOP GUY now. Bryan is the FOURTH guy to beat Cena clean on PPV since Cena first won the title back in 2005. I don't know why people nitpick this to death. I guess opinion is opinion, but I WANT MINE TO BE RIGHT.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Since WM21, the ONLY guys to beat Cena clean in the middle of the ring, not a single interruption or distraction whatsoever, not the slightest hint of cheating, has been Batista, Triple H, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Daniel Bryan.

Let that sink in.

It's so obvious Bryan will be getting his first WM moment in New Orleans, I will be sure to witness it live.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Roman Reigns pinned him clean in a six man earlier this year.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Dragon/Cena was absolutely fantastic. I'm not too upset with the Orton-stuff because I think everybody saw it coming, so while it sucks to know it was so short this should only fuel his momentum.

Plus, knowing he's a former WWE champion (Who will win it again, we all know it), who beat Cena for it at their second biggest show of the year to a gigantic pop is something nobody can take away from him or any of us. Great moment.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Great show, the Punk / Bryan matches made this easily one of the best WWE Shows of the year. (And one could argue SummerSlam has been better overall than Mania for like the past 8-9 years)

As far as the finish, we saw it coming, but it was still a pretty good time to do it. They could have waited a bit, but now this adds even more heat to Orton/HHH. I'm guessing they'll try and do a mini corporation. Which leaves Cena/Bryan to battle Orton. I Hope.... Bryan wins the rumble, and goes to Mania.

I told myself if Daniel Bryan is the champ heading into Night of Champions in Detroit, i'd have to go. But now, i'm guessing it will be either Orton/Bryan or a 3 way with Cena. Can't see Orton losing the belt already though. We will see.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

I thought Danielson broke his arm on what looked like an attempted top rope Styles Clash. So glad he didn't. That could have been really bad.

That variant spider suplex spot was so cool.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DieHard wrote:OH MY GOD. LESNAR VS PUNK WAS *****. MATCH OF THE FUCKING YEAR. BETTER THAN ISHII/SHIBATA. OMG
Dude relax, lol. It was a great match, but nowhere near 5 stars, too much outside interference for that. But definitely the best match of Lesnar's career.

I thought Dragon/Cena was superior to the Lesnar/Punk match on so many levels, better chemistry, better psychology, better crowd, better finish. Just a phenomenal match all around.
The cash-in was a poor decision, they could have pushed Dragon to the moon by giving him a Benoit moment. No matter when he gets the belt, it will never will feel as special as a win yesterday would have felt. Huge mistake by WWE, but they're notorious for destroying moments to start a new feud. The match itself though was all kinds of awesome and needs to be seen. **** 1/2 from me.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote: The cash-in was a poor decision, they could have pushed Dragon to the moon by giving him a Benoit moment. No matter when he gets the belt, it will never will feel as special as a win yesterday would have felt. Huge mistake by WWE, but they're notorious for destroying moments to start a new feud. The match itself though was all kinds of awesome and needs to be seen. **** 1/2 from me.
I disagree. The cash-in was a good decision, and probably the most logical one. With Cena probably taking a little time off to deal with his elbow, who's Bryan going to feud with? Orton makes perfect sense. The fact the crowd was so hot for Bryan last night makes the double heel turn even better. The whole point is to make the casual fans hate Orton & Triple H for screwing Bryan over and make them cheer for Bryan to get his revenge and win the title back. Booking 101. By the way, he did have a Benoit moment. It's not like Orton cashed in immediately. They had the confetti celebration & Cena shook his hand. Doesn't get any better than that.

What matters is what happens tonight on Raw. Bryan needs to look strong tonight, otherwise it'll be all for not.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

**3/4 RVD/Ambrose
*1/2 Kane/Wyatt
**1/2 Rhodes/Sandow
***1/2 Christian/Del Rio
*1/4 Natalya/Brie
****1/4 Punk/Lesnar
** Ziggler/Kaitlyn/AJ/E
****1/4 Cena/Bryan

Best Summerslam in a long time. I was pissed when Orton came out and it then became obvious that HHH was going to turn but it makes me want to see Raw tonight. I would be behind a Bryan/Orton feud and even a Bryan/HHH feud. As long as Daniel Bryan is treated like a big deal I'll be tuning in to Raw every week to see what happens next.
Last edited by WrestlingMatters on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Montana wrote:Great show, the Punk / Bryan matches made this easily one of the best WWE Shows of the year. (And one could argue SummerSlam has been better overall than Mania for like the past 8-9 years)

As far as the finish, we saw it coming, but it was still a pretty good time to do it. They could have waited a bit, but now this adds even more heat to Orton/HHH. I'm guessing they'll try and do a mini corporation. Which leaves Cena/Bryan to battle Orton. I Hope.... Bryan wins the rumble, and goes to Mania.

I told myself if Daniel Bryan is the champ heading into Night of Champions in Detroit, i'd have to go. But now, i'm guessing it will be either Orton/Bryan or a 3 way with Cena. Can't see Orton losing the belt already though. We will see.
Unless you're a die-hard 49ers or Seahawks fan, I'd definitely go. You can watch that game (and Breaking Bad of course) on DVR.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
DieHard wrote:OH MY GOD. LESNAR VS PUNK WAS *****. MATCH OF THE FUCKING YEAR. BETTER THAN ISHII/SHIBATA. OMG
Dude relax, lol. It was a great match, but nowhere near 5 stars, too much outside interference for that. But definitely the best match of Lesnar's career.

I thought Dragon/Cena was superior to the Lesnar/Punk match on so many levels, better chemistry, better psychology, better crowd, better finish. Just a phenomenal match all around.
The cash-in was a poor decision, they could have pushed Dragon to the moon by giving him a Benoit moment. No matter when he gets the belt, it will never will feel as special as a win yesterday would have felt. Huge mistake by WWE, but they're notorious for destroying moments to start a new feud. The match itself though was all kinds of awesome and needs to be seen. **** 1/2 from me.
When he wins his main event match at WM30, it will be a truly special moment.