The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by supersonic »

I'm referring to the bad attitude of Sheamus in laying that ladder match out. Who reported that?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:I'm referring to the bad attitude of Sheamus in laying that ladder match out. Who reported that?
Oh sorry. Not really sure. It was the first I ever heard of that bad attitude story.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

supersonic wrote:I'm referring to the bad attitude of Sheamus in laying that ladder match out. Who reported that?
To be fair it was mostly dirt sheets that I saw running with the story, but most referenced The Wrestling Observer as the original source of the reports.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The Observer did not report him having a bad attitude in 2013. I doubt any actual other dirtsheet did. Newz site do not count.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Really good SD this week.

RVD vs Orton & Christian vs Del Rio were both great. Lesnar and Wyatt both cut very good promos.
MOOSE!
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Smackdown was awesome this week. Christian, RVD and Orton have been amazing lately.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

OMG... DAT PROMO FROM BRYAN THIS WEEK GUYS....

MOOSE!
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

I recall some sites reporting that Sheamus was more concerned with his spots in the match then working out the overall structure of it but no one with any real credibility said anything about it.

The addition of HHH as the guest referee makes me less excited for Cena/Bryan. I was pumped for that match and their promos were both excellent but his presence makes me less enthused. I really don't think I can survive this feud until WM30.

I assume we'll be getting Shield vs. Mark Henry/Big Show? Since they laid down a challenge for any two wrestlers to face them at SummerSlam, I imagine it'll be them based on Raw and not the Usos. Ambrose/RVD will be interesting, I really don't want The Shield to lose their titles yet.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Cena pulled a sweet heel move by bringing Make-A-Wish into it. He had just as good a promo. When he's in the position, Cena can sell a match like no one else.
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

JSP wrote:Cena pulled a sweet heel move by bringing Make-A-Wish into it. He had just as good a promo. When he's in the position, Cena can sell a match like no one else.
Honestly, while Danielson is one of my favorite wrestlers, Cena somehow got me on his side.

That guy is on another level.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Did anyone notice that Botchamania moment on Raw with Natalya & AJ Lee?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Hard to miss, that was awful beyond belief.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

Not sure who was at fault on that one, did the ref miss the tap out or did Natalya release the hold too early? Either way it was awkward.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I don't blame the ref at all, Natalya released the hold (lost her balance actually) before AJ began tapping so it would have been even more awkward to end the match there. Of course, the poor guy's gonna get all the blame.

On the other hand, it just showed you how terribly executed that sharpshooter was if AJ didn't even realize there was no hold anymore. Even the second time, Natalya almost released it AGAIN before she can tap out. If you can't do it properly, find another finish !!!
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JSP

Post by JSP »

LariatWinslow wrote:
JSP wrote:Cena pulled a sweet heel move by bringing Make-A-Wish into it. He had just as good a promo. When he's in the position, Cena can sell a match like no one else.
Honestly, while Danielson is one of my favorite wrestlers, Cena somehow got me on his side.

That guy is on another level.
Yeah, Cena was immaculate in that promo. He had everyone cheering him by the end of it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer has reported that the Shield have become curtain-jerkers, and had their match times chopped down significantly, due to injuring Taker and Orton, as well as heat with Big Show and Orton. Wyatts are being groomed to take the spot Shield had a few months ago.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

supersonic wrote:Meltzer has reported that the Shield have become curtain-jerkers, and had their match times chopped down significantly, due to injuring Taker and Orton, as well as heat with Big Show and Orton. Wyatts are being groomed to take the spot Shield had a few months ago.
That is just so typical WWE. They ditch 3 future main eventers to the curbs for 3 guys that only live on their gimmick, yet lack the talent to be anything but midcarders. In a few months when their gimmick is worn out, Wyatt will be somewhere in the midcard to upper midcard, and the other two will have to struggle to even be active roster memeber. But yeah, good idea ditching 3 future main eventers for that bunch of midcarders. One of the reasons I sometimes really hate the WWE.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Brodie Lee has a legitimate shot to become a top guy in 2-3 years. Great size and agility similar to Taker.

Also, being a dangerous worker with WWE's most prized meal tickets is a SIGNIFICANT reason to be depushed, regardless of match quality or how well the act connects with the crowd.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Never a big fan, but good for Darren Young for having the courage to come out as an active athlete.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

isles11 wrote:Never a big fan, but good for Darren Young for having the courage to come out as an active athlete.
Holy shit! Really bold move but ton's of respect for Darren Young.