The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
WrestlingMatters

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Everyone needs to check out the smackdown main event from this week, it was pretty awesome.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It's on the DVR for sure. And it sounds like I'll be downloading it for my external hard drive afterwards.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Love it when SD has a match like that main event. I feel like they should have a match that good every week, without the brand split there needs to be a reason to watch SmackDown!
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Smackdown has been mostly watchable since the Rock finally graced the show with his presence in January. I'm hoping Danielson and/or the Shield get back to having really good 15 minutes on there again.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm a bit behind on WWE at the moment, so just got around to watching Bryan vs. Cesaro. Wow, great TV match, especially when you take into account Bryan was on his second match of the night, even if the first was quick. ***3/4

Looks like I've got a few more good matches to see during my catch up.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Total Divas Episode 2 was great
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like, based on Kane's Promo tonight, that we might get an Inferno Match between Kane & Wyatt at SummerSlam.

EDIT: Kane vs. Bray Wyatt at SummerSlam will be a "Ring of Fire" Match, which I guess is just an Inferno Match with a name change.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

WOW, Bryan's promo in the beginning was legit. But Cena surprised me and did just as good. Great build-up for the feud. Lesnar's brawl with Punk once again ruled. Good all-around show, SS looks so damn good.
MOOSE!
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Why are they doing an inferno match on the first match?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I found the show to be a bunch of nothing other than Lesnar's involvement.

Two months ago, that Shield main event would have been a MOTYC, rather than just using a trio as nothing more than plot devices for a Cena program.

Nobody is caring about the Rhodes Scholars split. Perhaps the fact that they were pre-show geeks without any programs of substance before their split would be the reason.

Twice now WWE cockteased a Del Rio vs. RVD match. Just fucking provide it already and let's see if they actually have any chemistry. God knows Del Rio could use the crowd reactions that RVD is able to milk.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

supersonic wrote:I found the show to be a bunch of nothing other than Lesnar's involvement.

Two months ago, that Shield main event would have been a MOTYC, rather than just using a trio as nothing more than plot devices for a Cena program.

Nobody is caring about the Rhodes Scholars split. Perhaps the fact that they were pre-show geeks without any programs of substance before their split would be the reason.

Twice now WWE cockteased a Del Rio vs. RVD match. Just fucking provide it already and let's see if they actually have any chemistry. God knows Del Rio could use the crowd reactions that RVD is able to milk.
Really? imo Rhodes/Sandow is the best mid-card feud in a long, long time.
MOOSE!
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Yeah, I too am really enjoying Sandow-Rhodes feud.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

That crowd sure didn't give a shit about it.
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

DieHard wrote:WOW, Bryan's promo in the beginning was legit. But Cena surprised me and did just as good. Great build-up for the feud. Lesnar's brawl with Punk once again ruled. Good all-around show, SS looks so damn good.
Cena...daaaaaayum that was a good promo.

I like angry, hyped-up Cena.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

supersonic wrote:That crowd sure didn't give a shit about it.
That crowd kinda sucked though.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
supersonic wrote:That crowd sure didn't give a shit about it.
That crowd kinda sucked though.
Maybe giving that crowd a noteworthy match, which has been the new tradition on Raw for 2013, would've made that crowd happy.

Actually, who am I kidding? Clearly that GB crowd was bitter about the lack of Ken Anderson.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So apparently Sheamus will be out of action for 4-6 Months with an Injury, specifically a torn labrum in his left shoulder. It was suffered when Sheamus went crashing through a Ladder at Money in the Bank and was further aggravated when he continued to wrestle afterwords.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So apparently Sheamus will be out of action for 4-6 Months with an Injury, specifically a torn labrum in his left shoulder. It was suffered when Sheamus went crashing through a Ladder at Money in the Bank and was further aggravated when he continued to wrestle afterwords.
Bad news for the wrestler, good news for the product.

Also I'd like to point out the amusing irony that Sheamus reportedly had backstage heat from the other individuals in the match due to his reluctance to help with the matches overall structure and instead focus on only his own spots and making sure he got himself over, resulting in the biggest of those spots costing him half a year of action.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Who reported that?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Who reported that?
Well several wrestling news/"dirt sheet" sites reported it, but WWE put out an official article out on their website.
MRI results indicate that Sheamus has suffered a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will require surgery, scheduled for next week. As a result, The Celtic Warrior is expected to be sidelined for four to six months, WWE.com has learned.

The injury occurred during the Money in the Bank All-Stars Ladder Match and was further aggravated over the following weeks. During that intense match, Sheamus was thrown off the top rope and sent crashing through a ladder at ringside, landing hard on his left leg and left shoulder.

Photos of the Ladder Match

“My mindset heading into Money in the Bank was to risk everything to get that WWE Title contract,” Sheamus told WWE.com. “That night I went out there putting it all on the line.”

While it seemed as though his leg had taken the brunt of the impact, swelling to twice the size of his uninjured right leg, The Celtic Warrior soon found out that his battle scars from that night ran deep.

During WWE’s tour of South Africa, Sheamus’ leg started to heal, but he discovered his range of motion limited in his shoulder and he experienced sharp pains radiating down his arm, he said. During a pre-Raw workout, Sheamus felt another sharp pain in his shoulder and notified WWE medical staff.

“We performed a specialized MRI with a dye inserted to highlight the structures within the shoulder joint," said WWE ringside physician Dr. Chris Amann. "Doctor Samson and I both reviewed the film, and it appears that Sheamus has a cartilage [SLAP] tear.”

As a result, Sheamus will undergo arthroscopic surgery next week to fix the tear, which doctors hope will offer him the best chance of recovery and the best outlook for a normally functioning shoulder.

"I’ve never in my whole life had to have surgery,” Sheamus said. “I’ve always worked through pain. For the first time in four years, I’m going to be out of action.”

He continued, “To say I’m devastated would be a serious understatement, but I’m determined to take this time to go home to Ireland to see my family, to see my friends, learn a different language, read a lot of books, and come back bigger, stronger and better than ever.”

Intent to stay positive through his injuries, Sheamus emphatically said, “I’m determined to be a champion again, and when I come back I am going to rock this place like it’s never been rocked before!”

Stay with WWE.com for more information about the status of The Celtic Warrior.