The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by classic-cabana »

Mike Adamle wrote:I enjoyed them both a lot and can't wait for the next one. Maybe you'd rather Davey Richards-Eddie Edwards V?
Yes, in an ironman match, I have a feeling that would be an 8 star classic
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Eh, the best 1 Hour long match I've rated only got 6.75, I doubt Davey and Eddie could do better than Kobashi and Kawada.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Punk vs. Jericho was an underrated feud in the ring last year. Don't let the actual storyline ruin it for you. You really can't go wrong with these two going at it again in front of the perfect crowd. Probably the only one who would have been better to get Punk looking the least rusty possible after time off is Danielson.

It'll never happen, but I was hoping for Lesnar vs. Jericho.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I want to see Lesnar vs Bryan
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

bik100 wrote:I want to see Lesnar vs Bryan
Given the choice, I'd rather see Rock vs Bryan.

"YEEEEES! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU I'D FIND A WAY! I TOLD YOU YOU'D HAVE A MATCH WITH ME! WHO'S THE HOBBIT NOW, DWAYNE?"

Brock vs Sheamus, now that's where it's at. Hoss fight extraordinaire. Celtic Warrior vs Psycho Viking. Something you can play some Blind Guardian too as they batter each other bruised & bloody. :twisted:
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I'd love to see Sheamus vs. Brock or even Sheamus vs. The Undertaker at mania. I feel like a win or even a good showing against either of these guys would put Sheamus up to the next level. Right now he's one of those interchangeable main eventers. He's a bonafied WHC contender, he could win that belt at any time. But if he were to challenge for the WWE Title now, you know he wouldn't win it. Put him in a good match with Brock or Taker and he'd be up there with Punk or Cena I think.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Bret Hart appreciation night was EXCELLENT.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The Rock vs. Bryan Danielson is probably be #1 dream match right now, been wanting that since 2005. The #1 guy in terms of entertainment vs. the #1 guy in terms of in-ring match quality.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

supersonic wrote:The Rock vs. Bryan Danielson is probably be #1 dream match right now, been wanting that since 2005. The #1 guy in terms of entertainment vs. the #1 guy in terms of in-ring match quality.
I dont watch WWE TV, did they ever have any interaction at all?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

They had a bit during RAW 500, but nothing before or since that. I don't see it ever happening
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

classic-cabana wrote:
supersonic wrote:The Rock vs. Bryan Danielson is probably be #1 dream match right now, been wanting that since 2005. The #1 guy in terms of entertainment vs. the #1 guy in terms of in-ring match quality.
I dont watch WWE TV, did they ever have any interaction at all?
RAW 1000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUetxE5Vms0
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Mike Adamle wrote:Eh, the best 1 Hour long match I've rated only got 6.75, I doubt Davey and Eddie could do better than Kobashi and Kawada.
Wait... You've rated a match 6.75 stars on a 5 star scale? This, right here, is why your Rate It is garbage.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I take it you've never given the match a chance :roll:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Besides, on Rate it, I keep everything within 5, even if it went further than 5, it still just gets 5.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Start using your nostrils to absorb and emit oxygen.
wordsasbombs

Post by wordsasbombs »

Anybody catch Barrett vs Sheamus on Main Event tonight? Great for a TV match, arguably top ten WWE matches so far this year.
~Soyez réalistes. Demandez l'impossible.~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy my books...I'm hungry. Please.
http://www.jonathanculver.webs.com
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

wordsasbombs wrote:Anybody catch Barrett vs Sheamus on Main Event tonight? Great for a TV match, arguably top ten WWE matches so far this year.
Yeah, I saw it. It was a good match, but it was the same as every other Sheamus/Barrett match they've had with more time. Not a bad match by any means, but it was what I expected from them.
LigerSword

Post by LigerSword »

Bryan just solidified himself as the next face of this company tonight.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

LigerSword wrote:Bryan just solidified himself as the next face of this company tonight.
It actually started on Smackdown. Someone with good taste is getting hard-on for him behind the scenes and it's leading to some fucking outstanding television.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

OMG WWE SUX LOLZ
For those who think the company doesn’t see Bryan as a main eventer, right now the penciled in main event for Money in the Bank on 7/14 in Philadelphia is Cena vs. Bryan, with Bryan not being a heel, as the title match. As you should be aware, everything is subject to change. It’s pretty much a sure thing Bryan will be cheered in that match, given the city, and they are fully aware of that. The impression is they won’t try and make him a heel but that’s certainly something that can change. I sense the goal for the next two months is try to make Cena a “legend” by beating Rock, surviving Ryback and then having a match of the year with Bryan.