The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Robareid

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Robareid »

Really good article on the "Swagger Situation" here

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/2/22/ ... possession
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very good response by Colter & Swagger in response to Glenn Beck bashing WWE (this is the uncut version the original is like 2 minutes)

I've been hearing this whole Glenn Beck situation (with him refusing to appear on WWE TV after he was extended an offer I believe and then bashed the WWE) is going to save Swagger's Push (supposedly)...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently The Undertaker made his in ring return tonight at a WWE House Show in Texas. He teamed with Sheamus to defeat Damien Sandow & Wade Barrett.

Guess that means that Punk/Taker at 'Mania is pretty much happening.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Very good response by Colter & Swagger in response to Glenn Beck bashing WWE (this is the uncut version the original is like 2 minutes)

I've been hearing this whole Glenn Beck situation (with him refusing to appear on WWE TV after he was extended an offer I believe and then bashed the WWE) is going to save Swagger's Push (supposedly)...
I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm really happy if Swagger's push is getting saved. It's weird because I'm Straight Edge and really anti drugs, but I guess this fued just has way too much potential.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Apparently The Undertaker made his in ring return tonight at a WWE House Show in Texas. He teamed with Sheamus to defeat Damien Sandow & Wade Barrett.

Guess that means that Punk/Taker at 'Mania is pretty much happening.
@rickwwesignguy has pics on his account
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Very good response by Colter & Swagger in response to Glenn Beck bashing WWE (this is the uncut version the original is like 2 minutes)

That was great!!
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Fuck this. Your next World Champ and your current US champ buried. Great job.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Well, they did it again..
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

RoaringElbow wrote:Fuck this. Your next World Champ and your current US champ buried. Great job.
What is it with Orton, WWE should really cut ties with him for a while. Cesaro has a ton of momentum but instead of going with it, WWE would rather give their boy a win over a hot guy in the hope people will start giving a toss over Orton again.

The Dolph thing is mental, he's getting over despite losing but when he gets the title he'll end up having another joke run much like Mysterio's.

We should be used to WWE's attitude to wins and losses and them not meaning anything, but fans want to care and how can they expect to get behind guys when WWE portray them as irrelevant and just another guy.

WWE are constantly searching for 'the next big thing' but it'll never happen when they constantly cut anyone with momentum off at the legs to protect the guys THEY want at the top.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Don't take this the wrong way, because i love Claudio....but Next World Champ?!? Orton beating Ceasaro really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Antonio has done great with what he's been giving, but he's not really getting a top tier reaction from the crowd, YET. It's really too bad the WWE has no direction for Orton. He's one of the upper card guys, that can actually help make the younger guys credible in the main event. Instead it will likely be Orton/Sheamus/Ryback vs. The Shield, which has more or less, thrown together b/c the WWE didn't have a plan for these guys.

Side note: The Monday Night Raws the past 2 weeks have been rather boring, and underwhelming. How lame was it that they said Undertaker was at a house. Completely ruined the surprise, and weeks before the show, no fued or anything has been starting. They didn't build up either of the top 2 mania matches. Seems like a solid mania card... i just wish they starting building some of the matches a little better.
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Cena/Punk from Monday yet. Amazing match, I really think it is a MOTY contender, definitely TV MOTY contender anyway.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

watadam20 wrote:Can't believe nobody has mentioned Cena/Punk from Monday yet. Amazing match, I really think it is a MOTY contender, definitely TV MOTY contender anyway.
My MOTY so far. Simply blows everything else out of the water. One of those rare instances when an obnoxious amount of near-falls works. The pop these two were getting was friggin insane, and deservedly so. Best match either guy has had in EONS!

oh and mark out moment of the year- Image

I think so.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

God it was special. MotY so far for sure. ****3/4 Just magical
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

Colt45 wrote:
watadam20 wrote:Can't believe nobody has mentioned Cena/Punk from Monday yet. Amazing match, I really think it is a MOTY contender, definitely TV MOTY contender anyway.
My MOTY so far. Simply blows everything else out of the water. One of those rare instances when an obnoxious amount of near-falls works. The pop these two were getting was friggin insane, and deservedly so. Best match either guy has had in EONS!

oh and mark out moment of the year- Image

I think so.
It was great because I watched the match, hungover, on Tuesday morning and I went in knowing Cena was winning and going onto face The Rock at WrestleMania but by the end I was so absorbed in the action that I was in complete mark mode where I was buying into every near fall and was so desperate for Punk to win. When Punk hit the piledriver the mark in me was screaming that it was over. I love matches like that, they make me feel like a kid again.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

2/4/2013 - Punk vs. Jericho COMMERCIAL FREE

2/25/2013 - Cena vs. Punk COMMERCIAL FREE

RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Montana wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, because i love Claudio....but Next World Champ?!? Orton beating Ceasaro really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Antonio has done great with what he's been giving, but he's not really getting a top tier reaction from the crowd, YET. It's really too bad the WWE has no direction for Orton. He's one of the upper card guys, that can actually help make the younger guys credible in the main event. Instead it will likely be Orton/Sheamus/Ryback vs. The Shield, which has more or less, thrown together b/c the WWE didn't have a plan for these guys.
Next world champ = Ziggler.
US Champ = Cesaro.
both lost this week.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WWE removed the Cena vs. Punk 2/25 from YT, so here's the official link:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/john-cena-vs- ... w-26094775
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

This year's wrestlemania better have more than 8 matches on the card! There are a lot of guys on the roster that deserve to have one on one matches. I don't want them putting guys in a 10 man tag or something just to get them on the card.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:This year's wrestlemania better have more than 8 matches on the card! There are a lot of guys on the roster that deserve to have one on one matches. I don't want them putting guys in a 10 man tag or something just to get them on the card.
Welcome to the contemporary WrestleMania. A bunch if guys returning for one match, and all your workers in multi-man matches. Get used to it
Manga4life

Post by Manga4life »

I think it's obvious that The Undertaker is going to win this one but that doesn't make me any less excited to see this match, I'm betting that it's going to be a good one through and through. I wish The Undertaker would have just retired last year but I guess he's going to be a once a year competitor for the grand event, I'm just a bit sad because CM Punk has lost almost every big match this year and it appears as if he's going to lose yet another. He's really on a bad beat right now and it doesn't look to get any better in the near future, hopefully Punk goes on a tear after WrestleMania and picks up some big wins for himself and maybe even another WWE Championship run.

My prediction is that The Undertaker will win, even though it will be a hard fought bout by CM Punk. Looks for a little "cat & mouse" chase going on here with a lot of striking by both competitor and maybe even some intense submission holds, if it's anything like their 2009 Hell in a Cell classic than I think we're in for a fun ride.
http://www.Twitter.com/manga4life
Championships I recognize/follow
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
ROH World Championship
World Heavyweight Championship (since 2009)
WWE Championship (since 2009)