The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Just seen the Brodus Clay debut. I have no words.
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Just seen the Brodus Clay debut. I have no words for how fucking awesome that was
fix'd
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Rudas_Iskariot wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Just seen the Brodus Clay debut. I have no words for how fucking awesome that was
fix'd

This is why WWE is a dead promotion no matter how much money they make. They kill a guys career by making him a hybrid of Rikishi, Dusty Rhodes, Heavy D, and Akeem and this guy likes it. Fans are clueless about booking to draw money in 2012.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Just seen the Brodus Clay debut. I have no words.
It distracted attention from how utterly God-awful the match was, so in the eyes of Creative it was a success.

Let's just pretend that, in order to distract from the sheer crapness of the match, they needed a couple of dancers, pyro, some of the worst "dancing" since Albert was the Hip Hop Hippo and Ernest Miller's old theme. Which is probably the real reason it took so long for his debut...
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

JSWO wrote:
Rudas_Iskariot wrote:
fix'd

This is why WWE is a dead promotion no matter how much money they make. They kill a guys career by making him a hybrid of Rikishi, Dusty Rhodes, Heavy D, and Akeem and this guy likes it. Fans are clueless about booking to draw money in 2012.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah what idiots, Thinking theyre a fan because they watch and are entertained by something. They should be a real fan and complain about everything on the internet
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

RoaringElbow wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah what idiots, Thinking theyre a fan because they watch and are entertained by something. They should be a real fan and complain about everything on the internet

Do you really think this is gonna sell tickets or PPV buys? How about draw a rating in a headline match? Absolutely not. Thus idiots.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

There's people saying how a couple of squash matches (which weren't even particularly good, let alone interesting, squash matches) means he'll go far. The crowd being dead on Raw on SD implies otherwise...
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

D2Kvirus wrote:There's people saying how a couple of squash matches (which weren't even particularly good, let alone interesting, squash matches) means he'll go far. The crowd being dead on Raw on SD implies otherwise...

Exactly. They took a guy who can work, and had an impressive look and that could be moved into a headline spot down the road and killed him forever.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Brodus Clay debut was embarrassing but in regards to the WWE Universe, he might actually get over, as long as they have a plan to drop the gimmick one day and push him as a serious threat.

Anyways, any thoughts from anyone about how they are handling Daniel Bryan, his world title run and heelish chracter? I think its pretty interesting and decent WWE booking, but crowd doesn't seem to be responding to him...

What about how Jericho's segments on both weeks was able to lose viewers, I still don't know how that is possible...

Am I the only one that thinks that RAW's last segment with Ryder changing the tire all the way to the end where Kane beats up Cena and Ryder, was about the worse television ever?
cviens

Post by cviens »

As embarrassing as Brodus Clay's gimmick is, I thought it was entertaining in a way, but not in a sense that will last very long.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Just seen the Brodus Clay debut. I have no words.
This is actually the correct response.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

This post is no longer necessary, thankfully.

That said - I did not care for the debut. But watching RAW on DVR on Tuesday I found my tune changing just because of how much Brodus is throwing himself into the role. There's something be said about someone who's willing to give himself completely to a character, and Brodus is doing that. The crowd responses have been mildly positive right now, and if they don't improve they should scrap it, but I think they will. He could be a solid mid-card act a la the Godfather or Val Venis.
Riddick

Post by Riddick »

Brodus' debut was pure genious. I'll cut straight to the point here...

How many people in WWE have actual characters that are implemented from the entrance to the end of the match that has nothing to do with their ethnic or size? You can count them on one hand. I'm not talking about nicknames, I'm talking about characters.

The difference between Brodus Clay and Flash Funk is that you can tell Brodus is loving this gimmick while Flash Funk is not. And guess what? When the gimmicks played out and done...you still have a big guy that looks believable and threatening.

As soon as he turns heel he's taken seriously. They fixed Mark Henry in the span of two weeks fixing over a decade of "embarassment".

Besides, how many "big guys" does the WWE need? When you have Henry, Big Show, Kane and Sheamus walking around you'll never get Brodus over as a monster.

Here's a chance for Brodus to show some personality, something different in an era where every WWE Superstar is 6"5 with tribal tattoos and weens.
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

As Brodus Clay says;

".... And if you don't like it, there's two things you can do about it..... Nothin' and love it, and you do know that."
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Smackdown was some good stuff this week.

Bryan Danielson's promos are really developing for what the 'E wants from a promo. I was always a fan of his ROH-promos, so it's not really surprising. His character development the past month or so has been utterly superb.

Justin Gabriel vs. Cody Rhodes, Bryan Danielson vs. Mark Henry, Usos vs. Primo/Epico, and Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett were all good-great TV matches. I was very surprised by Sheamus/Barrett. Sheamus is getting over huge.

I didn't care for the Drew McIntyre vs. Santino Marella match. I'm not a fan of losing streaks and I don't honestly believe they have an end goal in sight for it and instead just booking this one week-to-week. Brodus Clay's dance-off was a bit unnecessary as well. I'd rather see him do his thing and than squash a jobber.

The ending to the show was excellent though and did a good job booking-wise of making Mark Henry (my vote for Most Improved of 2011 in the WON Awards) continue to look like a monster (it takes an entire roster to put him down), while continually developing Bryan Danielson's sneaky champion character.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

I know its a little late but I didn't/don't mind Brodus Clay being a dancing goofball. It might not get him to the main event but I never really saw him being there anyway...
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Theyre dumping the Money In The Bank PPV, so they can put the ladder match back on the WM cards. TLC will be the June PPV instead and Vengeance will be in Dec.
This I am not a fan of. While I like the MITB matches, I think it works better as its own PPV. The problem w/ the MITB at WM is they pile in 8 of their best workrate guys into one match, so the rest of the card suffers. The problem w/ the PPV was that they insisted on having 2 of them and it started to overkill the whole "Cash-In" thing.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Gotta love Johnny Ace's no-selling expression. Just staring blankly like "Shit, this is happening."
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

cviens wrote:Image

Gotta love Johnny Ace's no-selling expression. Just staring blankly like "Shit, this is happening."
Im glad someone else caught this. no Surprise, no wincing, no expression at all. He has the same face while standing still
mko

Post by mko »

dolph ziggler is a modern day curt hennig reincarnated.