The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by JSWO »

FairPlay wrote:^ Yeah and? Thats their fault for not putting on the best product they can with the talent they have (and if this is, then thats sad/a story all on its own)...

Speaks to the audience for not turning the show off completely and accepting anyone who comes in on top.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

JSWO wrote:20 is a kid to me, and the business is a work, Dwayne is playing a character of a kick ass mother fucker. And you were 9 the last time Rock was a full time wrestler.
I'm on your side on the JSWO, but this is wrong. Rock was still an active wrester well into the kids teens.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Hammond Eggar wrote:
JSWO wrote:20 is a kid to me, and the business is a work, Dwayne is playing a character of a kick ass mother fucker. And you were 9 the last time Rock was a full time wrestler.
I'm on your side on the JSWO, but this is wrong. Rock was still an active wrester well into the kids teens.

I thought he finished full time(house shows, etc.) at the end of 2001 after the show where Jericho went over he and Austin. I know he did the 2002 Rumble - Backlash but I think he was not on television or on house shows during then.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I know the Rock was on WrestleMania 20 in 2004. I'm not sure if that counts for anything in any of the arguments that are being had, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

"It doesn't Matter the last time The Rock was an active wrestler"....Sorry had to :D
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool »

I was thinking about some WWE stuff today & I realized something. I truly pity John Cena. The dude does so much, yet he's hated. Look at it like this. Gives time to dying children? Cena sucks. Has a MOTY with CM Punk? Cena sucks. Has a MOTY candidate with Rey Mysterio? Cena sucks. Visits the troops? Cena sucks. Endorses Evan Bourne, Bryan Danielson, & Zack Ryder? Cena sucks. This kinda came ahead at Survivor Series last year. Rock didn't work a match for 7 years, & MSG treats him like a god. I know that's really because people love & miss the Rock, but they spewed venom at Cena, who's worked his ass off 365 days a year. And it's just gonna get worse at Wrestlemania. And he can say "You people bought your tixs, you have a right to boo me," all he wants, but that shit has gotta affect someone on a mental/emotional level. But i'll probably get a whole bunch of responses saying "lol hur dur he's gotta shit-load of money" or "CENA SHOULD DIE!", which will kinda just prove my point. But yeah, my sympathies go out to John.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Yeah, Cena really gets the short end of the stick unfortunately. Great talent and he deserves better.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

Yeah. I really do feel bad for Cena. He's as good as they get, but sadly he doesn't get the love because everyone views him as "Superman." He's really in a no win situation, really.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

^ Well if he wasn't showcased like Superman, we wouldn't view him as such... :/
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

His refusal to turn heel and WWE's subsequent endorsement of that viewpoint doesn't help. Which again can go back to WWE not knowing how to read their audience. In 50 years if wrestling still exists fans will go back and find him to be one of the worst booked headliners in the history of the promotion. He'll also be grouped with Randy Orton as a time when WWE had two headliners that had no impact on the history of the business.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:Yeah. I really do feel bad for Cena. He's as good as they get, but sadly he doesn't get the love because everyone views him as "Superman." He's really in a no win situation, really.
Yep. And you know what's crazy? Watch a Randy Orton match. Same general storyline. Watch a CM Punk match. Same general storyline. The moves are different, but they usually all follow the same plot of "overcoming the odds."
JSWO wrote:His refusal to turn heel
I don't think that's a Cena-thing. I'm sure if he were asked, he would. I think it's more Vince McMahon doing what he can to not lose his only real moneymaker.
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

he stop doing thuganomics, ergo no reason to like him.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

He puts on good-great matches, that's a pretty good reason!
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

syxxpakk wrote:
JSWO wrote:His refusal to turn heel
I don't think that's a Cena-thing. I'm sure if he were asked, he would. I think it's more Vince McMahon doing what he can to not lose his only real moneymaker.

I don't follow John on twitter but I did see people retweeting him saying something about not caring about his character turning heel anymore because fans are booing him no matter what he does. Vince doesn't want to clearly, Cena appears to have agreed with him for a long time until recently.

Turning him heel is one of the few ways to create a fresh program on top, especially considering how stale his character is.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

But as we've discussed elsewhere in this thread, WWE/Vince doesn't care at all about what fresh storylines the fans want. All they care about is money and turning Cena would be a terrible move for business therefore it won't happen until they have someone who can replace Cena as the top face and they don't have that man.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:But as we've discussed elsewhere in this thread, WWE/Vince doesn't care at all about what fresh storylines the fans want. All they care about is money and turning Cena would be a terrible move for business therefore it won't happen until they have someone who can replace Cena as the top face and they don't have that man.

Exactly, showing the ineptitude of WWE creative and the talent they hire to work there is the lack of main event depth.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Hailing from Planet Funk.... BRODUS CLAY!

EDGE FOR 2012 HOF!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY...

FOUR HORSEMEN IN THE HOF! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

'Bout damn time they induct Arn, Tully, Windham & JJ!
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

The Four Horsemen very deserving of Hall of Fame status, Edge also to a much lesser extent. Have not seen the Brodus Clay nonsense as I've just gotten home from watching the worst National Championship game in history.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Just saw the Brodus Clay nonsense, he's the complete microcosm of what WWE, its fans, and its creative represent. All I could think of was a creative member saw Heavy D's obituary.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I think Brodus Clay as the Funkasaurus is much better than being generic monster heel #346.