The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
ROHIsWrestling

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

syxxpakk wrote:It's funny to think back about the emotions going around regarding Danielson's match at WM. And because of it, now he's bigger and more over than he was. Not only that, he's become quite a major player in WWE.
Only in the world of entertainment would an 18-second match get one over. If that isn't a microcosm of the E, I don't know what is.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I gotta admit, I groaned when they announced the "hug it out" segment, but that was pretty damn funny.. I can imagine Kane and Bryan having a short run as an odd couple team. One of the things I've liked about the 3 hour era is they can have a few decent length matches and still do the sports entertainment segments that, like it or not, are a big part of Vince's vision for his product. In the last couple of years I've learned to worry less and accept WWE on its own terms.. and sure there's still some frustrating moments, but I have a lot more fun with it overall.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

187_Joeism wrote:Sorry for expect wrestling out of one wrestling show then
You're completely missing the point. ROH prides itself on wrestling, WWE prides itself on it's "larger than life" entertainment. It comes across like you're faulting them for not being ROH, despite you clearly not being a fan they try to cater to in their core audience.

It's different strokes for different folks. Comparing ROH Bryan Danielson and WWE Daniel Bryan is unfair; both are meant to be two completely different things appealing to entirely different tastes. I can enjoy both because I enjoy his crazy unique charisma as much as I enjoy his in-ring abilities.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I just read that Lawler had a seizure at the announce table.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Cole said they're doing CPR backstage. This is not good.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Cole said he's breathing on his own, thank God.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

This is so hard to watch.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

He's stabilized.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

I enjoyed Raw tonight besides hearing about King having some sort of problem. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY! hope he makes it through this. #PrayForJerry
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

Bump.

Update on Jerry:
The results are in from Jerry Lawler’s CT Scan and it’s great news for the King. According to Joe Cooper, who is Lawler’s best friend and business partner, Lawler does not have brain damage as a result of his heart attack Monday night.

Lawler has been stabilized (but heavily sedated) in a Montreal hospital after having heart surgery Tuesday and is responsive.

- SEScoops
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

They wonder why things arent improving, but whats the saying? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Lets look at this. Who took the torch after Hogan?
Bret Hart. He was the franchise from WM9-12, interrupted by them trying to put over Kevin Nash. But thats what? 3 years?
After Hart it was HBK. How long was he on top? WM12-14. 2 years.
Then it was Austin. who made wrestling bigger than it ever has been. WM14-WM18. Around 4 years. and thats including injury time, as well as sharing the spotlight w/ The Rock.
Then came HHH. He was on top from WM18-WM21. another 3 years as the franchise.
Of course Cena won his first world title at WM21. Rumor is he'll be main eventing the next WM. thats 21-29. 8 years as the face of the company. 8 YEARS! You make stars in order to put over new stars. But everyone over the past 8 years has been built and fed to cena.
and they wonder why ratings dont improve
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Holly shit at Cena doing suicide dive hahahahahaha
MOOSE!
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

There was a "Kevin Steen" sign in the crowd last night on RAW.

Everything else sucked, even Kane and D-Bryan.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Punk works so hard for every Boo he gets. He has to squash Lawler, Hart & Foley to prove he's a heel. And Cena panders to Cancer worse than he does to soldiers just to get any cheers he can. Its disgusting.
its so cheap. Its like politicians wearing american flag pins on their lapels, or college football teams wearing camouflage uniforms. so fucking transparent and its insulting.
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

I don't believe Cena himself is pandering to cancer victims. This is a PR campaign by WWE and Cena is their flagship athlete and top spokesman so the choice for him to be the spokesman on this issue is obvious and understandable. Whether WWE themselves made this deal to pander and for PR alone is a tossup but I like to side against the cynical and believe they are trying to contribute towards a positive cause.

UNFORTUNATELY, Susan B Komen for the Cure is not a positive cause. The executives of the company should be ashamed of themselves, donating on 20% of earnings and donations to charity and suing and dismantling any other organization infringing on their copyright of "For the Cure" being attached to a charity name. It's shameful, Susan B Komen is actually running a merchandising company that happens to donate a small sum towards cancer "awareness", a very genric and far-reaching term rather than cancer research.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

So, what do people think about Ryback ending Raw? Is he gunna be getting a major push or is it just a short term thing since Cena's out for the time being?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

FairPlay wrote:So, what do people think about Ryback ending Raw? Is he gunna be getting a major push or is it just a short term thing since Cena's out for the time being?
Ryback is a bad and green wrestler. Have no interst in seen him in the main event.
MOOSE!
thatwrestlingshow

I'm a big fan of Ryback, he's really fun to watch. He has an intensity many monster wrestlers forget, it's what made me love Mark Henry's run as well. I don't think he's ready for the main event but I'd be happy to see him have a mini-feud with Punk. I excited to see where he's at as he becomes more experienced, he could be a major force in the WWE in a few years.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

thatwrestlingshow wrote:I don't believe Cena himself is pandering to cancer victims. This is a PR campaign by WWE and Cena is their flagship athlete and top spokesman so the choice for him to be the spokesman on this issue is obvious and understandable. Whether WWE themselves made this deal to pander and for PR alone is a tossup but I like to side against the cynical and believe they are trying to contribute towards a positive cause.

UNFORTUNATELY, Susan B Komen for the Cure is not a positive cause. The executives of the company should be ashamed of themselves, donating on 20% of earnings and donations to charity and suing and dismantling any other organization infringing on their copyright of "For the Cure" being attached to a charity name. It's shameful, Susan B Komen is actually running a merchandising company that happens to donate a small sum towards cancer "awareness", a very genric and far-reaching term rather than cancer research.
To me, he's doing the exact same thing he does by Saluting, and kissing dog tags, and pretending he's a marine, and giving his title shot to Zack Ryder, and cutting promos on how cool CM Punk is. Cheap pops are one thing. All this is a whole new level of transparent and cheap.
thatwrestlingshow

But this is a PR campaign starting from the top, I doubt Cena asked them to give him a Cancer shirt so people like him and I think Cena actually does care deeply for the troops which is why he does that. Anti-Cancer and Pro-troops are pretty universal and I give the guy the benefit of the doubt know how much charity work the guy does I tend to believe he does these things for charity rather than pander for the acceptance of a few fans that boo him. I don't think Cena or WWE really care about winning over those fans so why would they be pandering to them?

Cena's a better guy than me, he's answered hundreds of dying childrens' wishes on his off days (which for Cena are few and far in between), he's a hero to the troops of America and has been involved in several events for their benefit, I've got to believe he's just doing the same for WWE's cancer campaign. I may not like his character but he's a good man and I don't think he should be criticized for his charitable actions to spin them as pandering.