The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote:
supersonic wrote:
adam08 wrote:So Punk vs Claudio and kow vs Black and punk happened at the nxt taping.
As soon as it's available, get it on here.
Dark match
I saw a fan video on Youtube of the ending to the Punk/Cesaro match when Ohno & Rollins both came out. There was a camera guy in the ring when Punk asks Rhodes for a tag match & apparently Ross & Regal were at the broadcast booth during it so hopefully we'll end up seeing it.
adam08

Post by adam08 »

Its not the full match but I hope its good enough

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Between this, Dragon having an effective reign as world champion, Claudio winning the U.S title, and Punk's lengthy run, I hope that finally puts to rest the moronic logic of "WWE hates all the ROH guys and refuses to give the fans what they want".
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm at least half serious when I say this, if wwe is still going to stay the way the are now(a kids product) in 2014 when their contract with USA expires, they should move to either the Disney Channel or Nickelodean. Hell they should be on one of those now! USA has cool edgy shows like Suits and Covert Affairs among many others than there is wwe which is mother goose tv. It just doesn't fit!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Jeremy wrote:Between this, Dragon having an effective reign as world champion, Claudio winning the U.S title, and Punk's lengthy run, I hope that finally puts to rest the moronic logic of "WWE hates all the ROH guys and refuses to give the fans what they want".
They are giving the fans what they want but they are doing it so bad.
MOOSE!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

How so, if I may ask?
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

D-Bry and Kane in Anger Management is pure gold. I hope this plays out nicely. :P
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Just saw Rollins/Black win the NXT Title. Was a great match.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Daniel Bryan is one of the biggest jokes today. Hurt to watch.
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

DieHard wrote:Daniel Bryan is one of the biggest jokes today. Hurt to watch.
There's a difference between making a joke and being a joke. Bryan is making gold out of these segments like Kurt Angle's old comedy stuff in WWE. Zack Ryder is a joke. He's lucky to appear once a week on TV and almost always jobs. Bryan being involved in 3-5 segments a night and being MASSIVELY over with every crowd isn't a joke.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Having one of the best wrestlers in the world doing this is lame and a joke to wrestling fans.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

People keep expecting to see ROH-style Dragon in WWE, but WWE and ROH are entirely different products.

All I know is this; He's getting 20 minute PPV matches to appease fans of his technical skill, in his tenure he's had an amazing series of matches on TV, he's appearing repeatedly on TV leading to him becoming one of the most over and featured parts of the show, and has become a useful "jack of all trades" to the fed, guaranteeing they'll always have something for him to do, whether it be in-ring or out.

Why should we hate him for this? He admitted he's having the time of his life working there and is getting paid quite a bit for doing something he loves. I'm happy for him, if anything. I wish he would wrestle more, yes, but he's also entertaining in these roles, in addition they clearly haven't forgotten he's one of the best pure wrestlers they have on the roster; he's honestly become their modern Kurt Angle as fm20000 said.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Sorry for expect wrestling out of one wrestling show then
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

187_Joeism wrote:Sorry for expect wrestling out of one wrestling show then
It's not wrestling...it's sports entertainment...Just another reason why I don't watch that joke of a company any longer.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

ROH is just wrestling eh?

You better go take a look at this:
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I have no problem with something like that, it was a funny moment after a wrestling match, the problem is when you have less than 1 hour of wrestling in a 3 hours show.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

^ That was before the match. But yeah, ok, I know what you mean...
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I was there for that :D
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

It's funny to think back about the emotions going around regarding Danielson's match at WM. And because of it, now he's bigger and more over than he was. Not only that, he's become quite a major player in WWE.